Page 285 of 891 FirstFirst ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 22256
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    +28F, windy as fuck, an inch of fresh.
    Here at 6800 Feet 8*F, no wind and a dusting of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Here at 6800 Feet 8*F, no wind and a dusting of snow.
    You are my next door neighbor and we have a 20 degree difference ? Holy temperature inversion Batman !

Lots of artillery going off up high. My living room windows are rattling non stop.. Thank you to all Patrollers out there keeping us safe.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

East of town, took over an hour to blast the 3' drift in my driveway. Almost 2" of fresh in that time, still puking. I think the snowplow drivers are about over it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowplow.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	271457

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I guess the wind really made it sketch on the peak. When we tried to ride tram first thing yesterday the word was, "Pretty much everything slid." I assume they meant the new wind slabs just from last few days of snow.

temperature inversion.
    +28F Mountain Village
    +11F Talisman's driveway
    +5F Meadow
    -5F Four Corners

White knuckle drive, but I gotta get my car fixed.

Breakfast at Mama Mac's

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1551203827.042323.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	558.0 KB 
ID:	271475
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Can confirm powder laps since noon inbounds at BS today.

All the hikes appeared to be closed, but I got out around 11 am

Challenger skied great. Ping pong ball on powder seeker.

Mntlion, I’m sorry I didn’t link up with/ya! Had a hard time driving up and made it way late.

Lots of artillery going off up high. My living room windows are rattling non stop.. Thank you to all Patrollers out there keeping us safe.
    Heard that one of the Young Guns on BSSP got caught in Great Falls on his 3rd ski cut and took a beating. Heal up Danny.

Looks like the faucet got turned on for real down at the big.
    Yep, 8-10" of light and fluffy. I was visiting various job sites, the laborers shoveling are quite over it as well.

White knuckle drive, but I gotta get my car fixed.

Breakfast at Mama Mac's

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1551203827.042323.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	558.0 KB 
ID:	271475
    That is quite a meal, are you lumberjacking today?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I don't think this really counts unless you ski it with no sidestep (aka after a bunch more snow) or take the double/triple. Still fun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuVDgPglSzA/

WRG, watch your ass on those cliffs. If you decide to try the entire drop, ski under it first and carefully investigate the landing. There are hot spots along the bottom of all those rock bands that rot out the snow from underneath, every year they are there but not always in the same spots.

A couple of really really good skiers have fucked themselves up trying that big one and suffering a hard landing. And by fucked up I mean surgery and PT.

BTW the 2x-3x is the Lilly Pad to the Toad.

Name:	Lilly Pad.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	548.9 KB 
ID:	271533

A very low tide picture Jan. 2011.

Lots of great snow from Noon on at BS with knee deep + in spots. The wind pack and scour was tough in low visibility spots, but many long and soft shots. While there were a few people around in the morning, by 1:00 PM every lift I saw was ski on.

A low angle adventure early this morning on Spirit Mountain yielded the expected untracked snow and the view of a mini-concrete plant set up along a trail. The propane fuel tank was almost the same size as the aggregate mixer. I guess foundations for YC and SP need to be poured no matter the season.

^^^ Right now that is dedicated to just the SP clubhouse.

That can be a fun place to go on a getaway. I doubt I am giving much away here so, When you get off the Detachable quad, hang a hard left through the trees and stay high. Eventually you get to a small bowl with a guardrail along the top, that is the Y/C boundary. You can traverse a way to the south just below the guardrail and get 20-25 decent 25 degree turns before you hit groomer and flats. Watch out for plows, it would suck to be standing there getting ready to drop and get blasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ Right now that is dedicated to just the SP clubhouse.

That can be a fun place to go on a getaway. I doubt I am giving much away here so, When you get off the Detachable quad, hang a hard left through the trees and stay high. Eventually you get to a small bowl with a guardrail along the top, that is the Y/C boundary. You can traverse a way to the south just below the guardrail and get 20-25 decent 25 degree turns before you hit groomer and flats. Watch out for plows, it would suck to be standing there getting ready to drop and get blasted.
    Must be quite the club house! There were three 'crete trucks loading this morning.

Yes you described the line, we call the "guard rail" and it holds untracked for weeks in cold weather, but crusts when things warm up.

So those were "Your" tracks in my stash?

Question for you locals. I am currently on a trip and am staying about 6 miles from Big Sky. We are supposed to check out of our place tomorrow morning and head to Jackson Hole. The skiing was amazing today with all the fresh snowfall. However, I am worried about the drive to Jackson since its snowed this much. Is there a possible route that we can take to get to Jackson and avoid any closed roads/passes? We are in a 4wd Expedition so not super worried about the roads just the route to get there. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for the info NB. Seen some questionable bombholes in some of the videos I have been watching of headwaters airs. I know lily pad is the classic double. Have seen some people take Class 4 by linking up 2-3 small airs over the patches of rocks. Toad could be in the cards if it was just stupid deep. Saw a few people hit it last year. One kid caught a rock on take-off and basically lawn darted by accident. Luckily the landing was really soft and he was totally fine.

I have seen some video attempts at Class 6. Pretty sure that is something I would never touch. Not that I would ever do it, but out of curiosity has anyone ever sent Class 5?

So I heard pretty much nothing opened again today at the big? Tram, Sheddy and Dakota were closed all day yesterday. Today too? Hike closed all day today?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkinsteez View Post
    Question for you locals. I am currently on a trip and am staying about 6 miles from Big Sky. We are supposed to check out of our place tomorrow morning and head to Jackson Hole. The skiing was amazing today with all the fresh snowfall. However, I am worried about the drive to Jackson since its snowed this much. Is there a possible route that we can take to get to Jackson and avoid any closed roads/passes? We are in a 4wd Expedition so not super worried about the roads just the route to get there. Any help would be appreciated!
    As of right now, any road that would take you there is closed. Both of these sites are useful:

https://hb.511.idaho.gov/#roadReport...%2CotherStates
    http://roadreport.mdt.mt.gov/travinfomobile/

Unrelated: anybody hear anything about a slide on the west side of the Bridgers today, opposite PK at BB?

Everything opened for awhile at least except the tram. The whole hike was open for a minute and then was eventually pulled back to even the lift being closed by 1230 or so. Sheddy and Dakota opened late morning not sure if they made it to close or not.

Tram opened. Marx Lenin Liberty until 1 or so then Liberty only until the end of the day. So did shedhorn and Dakota. Hike was open on roughly the same timeline. Challenger was on and off wind hold. So much pow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Tram opened. It was walk on all day. Haven’t seen that in a while. Marx Lenin Liberty until 1 or so then Liberty only until the end of the day. So did shedhorn and Dakota. Hike was open on roughly the same timeline. Challenger was on and off wind hold. So much pow.

I fucking suck at using this app.

had a fun day sliding around solo. Got pushed around due to on/off lift shutdowns, but was good to explore.

Dakota was great, opened 12:30? I lapped it 1-2:30

Off to disco tomorrow and lost trail on Thus

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    So those were "Your" tracks in my stash?
    Probably, but I took the sally line.

36 year old from BZN died in the West Bridger slide.....