Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Better than Lords?
    Much better than the janky two-position Lord toepiece; this is the solution they should have devised three years ago (allowing the AFD to move a few millimeters lower). Hopefully Salomon will wake up and install sliding AFD's on the STH2 toes so they'll work with ISO 9523 soles as well.

wasatchback, any idea when local shops will have the zero g boots in stock? In particular Inkline.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    wasatchback, any idea when local shops will have the zero g boots in stock? In particular Inkline.
    September

Here is some more info on the Volkl Confession from Stian:
    Volkl Confession

Claims to be a titanal ski and mix between the metal Katana and Shiro. If it isn't too heavy, it sounds interesting to me.

Here is more on the Pollard Pescado.
    Wannabe Hexcel

Sub 20-m radius, 125-mm waist, and only comes in a 180-cm length...no thank you.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 01-31-2016 at 11:30 PM.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

[QUOTE=Bandit Man;4655658
    Sub 20-m radius, 125-mm waist, and only comes in a 180-cm length...no thank you.[/QUOTE]

it's a line so it should be close to 177cm, 170 given the tail shape!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Here is some more info on the Volkl Confession from Stian:
    Volkl Confession

Claims to be a titanal ski and mix between the metal Katana and Shiro. If it isn't too heavy, it sounds interesting to me.

Here is more on the Pollard Pescado.
    Wannabe Hexcel

Sub 20-m radius, 125-mm waist, and only comes in a 180-cm length...no thank you.
    mix between shiro and katana: sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    it's a line so it should be close to 177cm, 170 given the tail shape!
    I've seen it. It's insanely short

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Do you have a sense of the rocker? My slightly rockered bros are still my favorite ski and sounds like this could be similar if only a bit skinnier.
    On which ski? The Bibby tour has the traditional Mustache Rocker and the Meridian is a Full Rocker ski. Like I said, I need to try the Meridian but sounds more like a playful mid-fat yet stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    On which ski? The Bibby tour has the traditional Mustache Rocker and the Meridian is a Full Rocker ski. Like I said, I need to try the Meridian but sounds more like a playful mid-fat yet stiff.
    The Meridian, I guess I want to know if it's it a low rocker or what. Or just when can I see more about them

Moment Meridian sounds a lot like a devastator type rocker (low) where the sidecut "matches" the camber. Moment has been just barely missing the mark for me lately...they have a few new skis that are close, but not quite right...and that just means I'm sticking with what I've got or looking elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    The Meridian, I guess I want to know if it's it a low rocker or what. Or just when can I see more about them
    This help?

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    No 184 pro rider according to that painful blister podcast.
    This is sad, cause the 192 is a different animal than the 184. The 184 serves as a DD out west, best all around ski I've ever had. The 192 was a high speed beast, too planky for me inbounds.

Oh well, the search continues..

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    This help?

Yessir. Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    This is sad, cause the 192 is a different animal than the 184. The 184 serves as a DD out west, best all around ski I've ever had. The 192 was a high speed beast, too planky for me inbounds.

Oh well, the search continues..
    This x10.100.

The 192 is a pure bred competition ski. Skiable for mortals but it is much more one trick pony than the 184, which is about one of the best all around chargers ever made.

So, maybe it was in Dynastars logic that they would make the 192 solely as a competition ski for their team members or other spancered pros?

But damn, 184cm with a juuuust a tad bit more rocker in front would have been such a perfect replacement for my aging & worn out LP105s.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    This x10.100.

The 192 is a pure bred competition ski. Skiable for mortals but it is much more one trick pony than the 184, which is about one of the best all around chargers ever made.

So, maybe it was in Dynastars logic that they would make the 192 solely as a competition ski for their team members or other spancered pros?

But damn, 184cm with a juuuust a tad bit more rocker in front would have been such a perfect replacement for my aging & worn out LP105s.
    I had the 192's and sold them on as they were too planky for resort skiing in Europe, I had no problems railing around on them in any conditions but it was a bit of a snooze fest. When you could open them up and turn the taps on there were hilarious but the chances of that were too few and far between. Time will tell if I've made a bad call but I suspect I've not.

If they made in say a 186 with a touch more early rise and made a HM version of it with the B-Comp core I suspect they would have two incredible skis.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

I likey, but are the tips and tails not square? Seems like it might make attaching skins a bit tough.

Anyone know what the Zero G Pro Guide is going to retail at? Was pretty impressed glancing at them at SIA, definitely a worthy contender to replace my Maestrale RS when they die.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Anyone know what the Zero G Pro Guide is going to retail at? Was pretty impressed glancing at them at SIA, definitely a worthy contender to replace my Maestrale RS when they die.
    When the hell will the ski companies marketing department learn to come up with short and catchy names?

Jeebus, people browsing for info on a boot that is named Something Zero G Pro Guide With Dingleberries are going to get far less hits than a boot called Scarpa Awesome.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    What about the skinnier kartel. Is the kartel 116 the closest to the J114 or is the Kartel 108 closer?
    I spent a lot of time on the K116 in both 186 and 191 the past 4 days (great snow, too). The best way to describe it is that it has the same layup as the J114, but it skis looser in the tip and is more surfy (due to taper changes and the updated rocker profile).

If you are looking for a comp I would say we have created a true progression with the skis now... K108 is great everywhere, K116 is an all mountain ski that leans towards soft snow and pow.

The J114 is in a class of it's own and sits right between the K108 and K116 in feel, hard snow grip, and all mountain capability.

All good, just depends what you are looking for.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Guide Pro $749

Guide $549

hey wasatchback. is the carbon Brahmas going to be available in a 166?

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    hey wasatchback. is the carbon Brahmas going to be available in a 166?
    Yup

Not until September though

The new 173,180,187 are available through select shops now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    When the hell will the ski companies marketing department learn to come up with short and catchy names?

Jeebus, people browsing for info on a boot that is named Something Zero G Pro Guide With Dingleberries are going to get far less hits than a boot called Scarpa Awesome.
    Well said! The kludgy names developed by some of the European influence really make brand awareness, and more important the product identification incredibly difficult. I'm fully in favor of simple names like awesome.

Anyone fondle the lange free tour? Impressions vs new cochise and zero g boots?

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Anyone fondle the lange free tour? Impressions vs new cochise and zero g boots?
    Felt noticeably heavier than than Zero G boots. Other than that didn't look too closely at them as I don't really have a need for that class of boot.