Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    I love driving in the winter when you can deter tailgaters by driving partly on the slush or sand filled shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    driving partly on the slush or sand filled shoulder.
    Don’t bother me none.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Don’t bother me none.
    You have no self respect

You have no self respect
    I’m just yanking your chain.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Worst case scenerio a couple days ago outside town. Look for a safe spot and head on a swivel after any accident. Hits close to home. Was my zone for 5+ years, not now
    https://revelstokemountaineer.com/tw...anada-highway/

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I’m just yanking your chain.
    And I yours : - ). But who am I to criticize a man who doesn't mind their vehicle being covered in dirty road slush, sand, and salt? Mountain cred I guess.

And I yours : - ). But who am I to criticize a man who doesn't mind their vehicle being covered in dirty road slush, sand, and salt? Mountain cred I guess.
    The guy drives a rusted out 78 GMC, what's a little dirty slush going to do to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    The guy drives a rusted out 78 GMC, what's a little dirty slush going to do to it?
    Is that on the indemnified list?

riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

When I shovel my berm in sloppy conditions I put out cones to keep from getting splashed.

When I shovel my berm in sloppy conditions I put out cones to keep from getting splashed.

riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post

These guys raise the stakes a bit:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/1096...enched-puddle/

yep, the english can be right bastards.... just ask the irish.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh. Shame on me.

Wasn’t driving like an asshole, but was a few months late, which I can admire. Saw this lady yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3131.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	316439

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is that thing attached at all?

What’s holding that up there, magic?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What’s holding that up there, magnets?
    Probably

It’s a Christmas magnet!

Forgive me if this has been posted but I loath when people are in a crowded parking lot or busy street and put their car in reverse and just sit there. The other day a woman was on the last space on a block of parallel parked cars. I was late for an appointment and I pulled off 50 feet behind her because her reverse lights were on. after about a minute I tapped my horn to let her know I was waiting. she then backed up 5 feet put it in drive and would not move, I finally drove by and she immediately pulled out behind me.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'll play.

If you want to pass me on a two lane road in the winter months, I'm cool with it. Maybe you have better tires, maybe you need to be somewhere sooner than me, maybe you're a better driver on snow. By all means, proceed.

But don't be a gaping asshole and cut back in ten feet in front of me. Nobody likes to be whited out and have their rig sandblasted. Please advance about 50 yards before completing your pass. If you don't have that room to make your pass because of oncoming vehicles, you're also being an asshole to them.
    Try driving in Spain. Everyone who passes pulls in about an inch off of the front bumper causing an instinctually disengagement of the cruise or dropping of the throttle to increase the following distance they just fubared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It's in the Provo to Ogden speed run that I'm amazed when someone gets a ticket

WTF were they doing to warrant a ticket when everyone is raging along at 15-20 mph over the limit, lane lurching like a conniptic sidewinder.
    I didn't want to quote your longer story about being blocked by semis intent on not letting you pass. That is bad enough. I had a semi pull right out in front of me in an obvious blocking action while passing the semi behind it a few years ago on 80 in Nebraska. They were doing about 25 mph. Solid ice in the hammer lane and I had a little momentum trying to get by them in a good clear safe area as is my custom since I have a million plus accident free miles driving class 10 commercial vehicles so I always want to give them space and a safety margin. Had to hammer the brakes to avoid running into the back of the asshole or running off the road to the left. Thankfully ice tires. Car full of kids. Fucking asshole redneck hick fuck truck drivers. This is where a cam would be nice. When we finally went by them my wife made sure I didn't flash the bird. No way to teach assholes a lesson anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ho-wont-yield/

New Study Says Expensive Cars Are Bought by Jerks Who Won't Yield

An experiment shows that for every $1000 increase in a car's price, the odds of that driver yielding to a pedestrian in a crosswalk decrease by 3 percent.

Prior studies in California have found that drivers of nicer cars are more likely to exhibit unethical behavior, cutting other drivers off at a four-way intersection and failing to yield to pedestrians. The explanation for this, according to the latest study, "may be that drivers of higher-value cars . . . felt a sense of superiority over other road users." Other studies have found that people with higher socioeconomic status have less empathy in general

^ha, every fuck around here driving a new range rover thinks they own the road.

Don't doubt the veracity of this story, so maybe I'm the outlier. I'm lucky to drive nicer cars, nothing Bobby Stainless level, but decent, and I go out of my way to drive courteously and super defensively when I'm in my sports car. Mostly because it's low and I'm aware that the sea of bloated suvs can't see me below their fat waistlines and iPhone XL screens, but really because I'm aware that all anyone needs these days to make your life on the road hard is to label you as an "entitled asshole in a nice car".

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    ^ha, every fuck around here driving a new range rover thinks they own the road.
    Can confirm.

I live in a city that is a sea of nothing but Range Rovers and Uber Black Escalaaaaaades and they are both far and away the most clueless, talentless, entiteld drivers on the road. For different reasons though.

In my unscientific opinion the higher a vehicle sits off the road the more inconsiderate the driver. Partly the mind set of people who drive large SUVs and severely lifted PU's, but also due to the way that being up above the road changes your perception.