Page 241 of 465 FirstFirst ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 11610
    Left Leadville at 7. Should be home by 10. 70 blows.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Left Leadville at 7. Should be home by 10. 70 blows.
    Driving I70 EB on a Sunday night is like french fry-ing when you shoulda pizza-ed.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

8pm, and I’m crawling, still a mile from A Basin.
    This is an impressive dry road shitshow. Nice work everyone !
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 01-27-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Can’t believe it’s still maroon red by Silverthorne at 8:35pm. Those people will be rolling in around 11. Sounds awesome.

This weekend is always busy. X-Games, Snow Scuptures, etc.

Seems like Winter Park is getting to Breck levels of #Epic weekend crowds and lift lines....or should I say #Ikonic levels. Seems like that's what Alterra was shooting for. That traffic back up from I-70/Empire all the way to the Jane was insane. How you folks feeling about those cheap passes and Jackson days now? Personally, I'd of rather paid for lift tix to ski at these other places than deal with this shitshow. guess you get what you pay for.

At this point it may be easier to fly to SLC and back. That’s fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    8pm and I’m crawling, still a mile from A Basin.

This is an impressive dry road shitshow. Nice work everyone !
    Not sure I've ever seen Luv pass backed up like that. Still a solid line EB as far up to the summit as I can see, as I whiz by on 70 westbound at 9pm.

And a solid 3 lanes backed up all the way down to Silverthorne, at 9 fucking PM.

Wow. Are we there yet?

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Driving I70 EB on a Sunday night is like french fry-ing when you shoulda pizza-ed.
    I wish I had a choice. But I had to watch the kiddo french fry instead of pizza at Ski Cooper.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Breck was so jammed last night that I was north of Breck and caught 15 minutes of traffic delays just driving away from Breck due to people who were trying to park in Breck being turned away and having nowhere to go and milling about side roads going north! I saw queues of 200 people at bus stops north of town where there were no bathrooms and people were trying to get into any building they could so their kids could pee because they'd been waiting at the bus stop for 30 minutes after sitting in traffic to get to the bus stop. When one business closed up someone had their use the bushes on the side of the building.

Loveland Pass was 10mph from Keystone by 1PM and degraded into stop and go by 4PM with the line of cars extending into Keystone by 6PM. Google maps shoed 1.5hrs from Keystone to Loveland. That means tons of cars stopped under slide paths. They used to do safety closures for this??? Of course LP safety closures of course mean that I70 backs up from Dillon to Swan Mountain and Keystone becomes gridlock. But one day there is gonna be 12 vehicles hit by one avalanche and the emergency response will be impossible due to gridlock.

I70 traffic was so bad that it was backed up to Copper and off the highway in Silverthorne through Dillon almost to Corinthian with retards turning Dillon side streets into miles of gridlock (including the City Market/Dillon Ridge shopping center!) as people vied to gain 30 seconds. People were just sitting in the middle of major intersections texting in the stop go oblivious to the idea that cross traffic might need to get through the intersection.

I've never honked my horn more in my life than just getting back from Dillon to Keystone today. Living up here for 16+ years I've usually easily avoided traffic in-county with simple life planning save for weather. But to have lost an hour in traffic during good weather this weekend just getting around Summit is a new level of insanity! This was a capacity problem pure and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

2.5 hours to get home....at 730pm.
    I've had far worse drives, but I'm not sure I've ever seen the 70 backup make it to Copper, or 40 to MJ.
    We've raised the bar - nice work everyone.
    #embracethesuck
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 01-28-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Sounds like I picked a good day to stay home and nurse a hangover yesterday....

Seriously, every year this is a very busy weekend and traffic is horrendous. Mark it on your calendars next year to stay home or stay up here till Monday am.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Sounds like I picked a good day to stay home and nurse a hangover yesterday....

Seriously, every year this is a very busy weekend and traffic is horrendous. Mark it on your calendars next year to stay home or stay up here till Monday am.
    Is this true - I'd love for this to be true and not just a sign of things to come. Have you noticed the weekend after the 3 day being really bad?

We were about 2:45 from Silverthorne home yesterday. Once through the metering at the tunnel it wasn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Is this true - I'd love for this to be true and not just a sign of things to come. Have you noticed the weekend after the 3 day being really bad?
    Yeah, definitely every year. As I said earlier, Snow Sculptures in Breck, X-Games, no football, etc. For some reason, there's always a shitload of people in town this weekend every year and the roads are a complete shitshow. I'm not saying that it isn't getting worse all the time though.

But apparently now, EB I70 is closed this morning for a fire in the tunnel, and the pass is closed. So staying overnight will still screw some people.

I have never seen traffic backed up over BP summit and back to 2nd creek and then from the Jane past the town shop. None of those people were at X games or sculptures.

Question for any of you that were at Winter Park. Honestly, how were the lines? I hate the busiest as much as the next guy but I've never felt like the lift lines were that bad. As in 10mins is bad. Has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Breck was so jammed last night that I was north of Breck and caught 15 minutes of traffic delays just driving away from Breck due to people who were trying to park in Breck being turned away and having nowhere to go and milling about side roads going north! I saw queues of 200 people at bus stops north of town where there were no bathrooms and people were trying to get into any building they could so their kids could pee because they'd been waiting at the bus stop for 30 minutes after sitting in traffic to get to the bus stop. When one business closed up someone had their use the bushes on the side of the building.

Loveland Pass was 10mph from Keystone by 1PM and degraded into stop and go by 4PM with the line of cars extending into Keystone by 6PM. Google maps shoed 1.5hrs from Keystone to Loveland. That means tons of cars stopped under slide paths. They used to do safety closures for this??? Of course LP safety closures of course mean that I70 backs up from Dillon to Swan Mountain and Keystone becomes gridlock. But one day there is gonna be 12 vehicles hit by one avalanche and the emergency response will be impossible due to gridlock.

I70 traffic was so bad that it was backed up to Copper and off the highway in Silverthorne through Dillon almost to Corinthian with retards turning Dillon side streets into miles of gridlock (including the City Market/Dillon Ridge shopping center!) as people vied to gain 30 seconds. People were just sitting in the middle of major intersections texting in the stop go oblivious to the idea that cross traffic might need to get through the intersection.

I've never honked my horn more in my life than just getting back from Dillon to Keystone today. Living up here for 16+ years I've usually easily avoided traffic in-county with simple life planning save for weather. But to have lost an hour in traffic during good weather this weekend just getting around Summit is a new level of insanity! This was a capacity problem pure and simple.
    Breck traffic on Saturday evening was like nothing I've seen before. Every parking lot was full from Coyne Valley Road/CMC into town.....pure craziness. Nowhere for people to go. At least town officials have a year to plan for next year!

I skied Copper yesterday with my brothers and their families and it took me nearly 30 minutes just to get from Copper to Frisco......I've never experienced or heard of that happening simply due to traffic volume. Absolute insanity. And yet, the mountain was quite empty. Go figure.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    And yet, the mountain was quite empty. Go figure.
    Yeah, I've notice this a lot this year. Parking and traffic are a shitshow, but the mountain isn't bad. Maybe it is all the new lifts around the county and such, spreading people out better.

Nice video of Jerry and his 2wd truck playing "spin it to win it" on I70 this morning.

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/i-7...iple-spinouts/

Seriously folks, get some better tires, chains, or something before you come jam up the interstate.

No real lines at the Basin for most of the day but watched Loveland pass turn into a parking lot at 1:30 and never let up. Hung out in Frisco til 8 but still took 1:15 to get through the tunnel. It actually was pretty smooth once through the tunnel but that was a brutal drive... Guess it will make my drive to Jackson this weekend feel quicker.

So glad I didn’t take my kid to ski and just enjoyed the 55° weather and hiked in Boulder. Who needs that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I have never seen traffic backed up over BP summit and back to 2nd creek and then from the Jane past the town shop. None of those people were at X games or sculptures.

Question for any of you that were at Winter Park. Honestly, how were the lines? I hate the busiest as much as the next guy but I've never felt like the lift lines were that bad. As in 10mins is bad. Has that changed?
    I didn’t think the WP lift lines were bad at all. Usual crowd at the Super Gauge, but it has been far worse. C lift didn’t look bad. Spent a good chunk of the day lapping the bumps off Pioneer. No line to speak of there at all. I did not hit anything off WP base, so no idea what that was like. Still, I really can’t figure out where all of the people who were in the line of traffic to Empire came from. If they were on the hill, I’m not sure where.

Still, I really can’t figure out where all of the people who were in the line of traffic to Empire came from. If they were on the hill, I’m not sure where.
    I think that Berthoud is kinda equalizing with the tunnel. Traffic was thick down valley past the ski area. It was the big ice fishing tournament in Grand Lake plus a lot of Steamboat Traffic adds to it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoMike View Post
    I didn’t think the WP lift lines were bad at all. Usual crowd at the Super Gauge, but it has been far worse. C lift didn’t look bad. Spent a good chunk of the day lapping the bumps off Pioneer. No line to speak of there at all. I did not hit anything off WP base, so no idea what that was like. Still, I really can’t figure out where all of the people who were in the line of traffic to Empire came from. If they were on the hill, I’m not sure where.
    Yeah, I've had the same experience this year. A few weeks ago traffic was backedup from Empire to the bottom of the switchbacks, but the Jane side of the mountain was empty. Last weekend, there were finally enough people to fill up the Pano lift lines, as an example, but still not "crowded" like it sometimes is and that weekend there was almost no backup at Empire. Makes no sense.

So where the hell are all the people? Are they taking three runs on blues and greens and then heading to the bar? Steamboat was empty Friday and Sunday this weekend, but packed Saturday (weekend powder day.) but NO lines at 4 points chair, Storm King, and Pony. Bar UE had a small line, and Morningside was better than it often is. Bizarre. Powder lap after powder lap.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm feeling like there are more people at the mountains with skis and boards but fewer actually skiing? Or more on blues and green for a few runs then head in to lunch and be done? We ducked inside to pound some food Saturday and in the 25 minutes we were there a woman next to us finished her first glass of wine, drank a second and started a third.

Are there more "ski tourists" but fewer skiers? That's my current working assumption.
    Last edited by beece; 01-28-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I think that Berthoud is kinda equalizing with the tunnel. Traffic was thick down valley past the ski area. It was the big ice fishing tournament in Grand Lake plus a lot of Steamboat Traffic adds to it I think.
    Zero traffic from Steamboat to Silverthorne on Sunday, fwiw.

I think that it'd be cool if there was one weekend where none of the mountain town put on a stupid event. Nothing to draw people up from Denver, just a good old fashioned regular ass weekend. Let's just have fun and ski without a fucking bacon festival or some dumb shit to draw 10 million people to the mountains.

Get's pretty old when every weekend is a holiday, festival, event, etc. Come on people, let's have a "Stay the Fuck in Denver" festival where we close the tunnel and pass for Thursday-Sunday.