Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    It's NOT ok for Dav to use human powered access to wilderness, but it IS ok for our government to allow HELICOPTER AND CYANIDE BOMBS IN WILDERNESS TO KILL COYOTES TO HELP RANCHERS WHO HAVE GRAZING PERMITS, AND SPENDING YOUR TAX DOLLARS DOING SO.

STUPID! They are so hypocritical it makes me sick.

this is no different than if you built a house and the applied for the building permit after the house is built. one would think the law & order types would understand this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Range Lobster View Post
    Some dude who has "clips" of "wilderness" "on his website" arguing with an accredited news camera guy.

Popcorn please.
    hey, what does accredited mean.....

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttt

<450

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    this is no different than if you built a house and the applied for the building permit after the house is built. one would think the law & order types would understand this sort of thing.
    yeah...building a house is just like filming a skier in the wilderness....thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    more than a bit of a stretch. since the government has it wrong, in your opinion, on guns, you think it should be consistent and fuck up the Wilderness too?

how in the hell is the government "controlling" a few skiers filming skiing? if it's that in-fucking-portant that all of the film is shown, maybe you should petition Davenport to release it for free?
    Reeeeeeeeeeaaar. Hisssssss.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    What does this have to do with the discussion? Nothing.
    a lame attempt to lighten the mood by adding to the prvious post, TH. Nothing serious. If I must I'll stay on topic from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    sarcasm disallowed?
    Non-sequiturs as well, I guess.

You people can't see the forest or the trees.

Nobody is arguing that Dav failed to follow stupid overly burdensome red tape.

But this is a skiing and snowboarding website and we should be defending Dav because he did something cool and because he is one of us.

The feds have bigger fish to fry right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    a lame attempt to lighten the mood by adding to the prvious post, TH. Nothing serious. If I must I'll stay on topic from now on.

STAY ON TOPIC, MUTHERFUKKER! THIS IS SERIOUS SHIT HERE!

COCKROACHES

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Quote Originally Posted by hairy View Post
    So did you do that in CoffeeCup or Frontpage 98?
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by danimal's dead View Post
    You people can't see the forest or the trees.

Nobody is arguing that Dav failed to follow stupid overly burdensome red tape.
    No?

Gee, I'm really sorry, I must have read that in some other thread. There's so many, you know and it's so easy to confuse agendas with facts.

But this is a skiing and snowboarding website and we should be defending Dav because he did something cool and because he is one of us.

Yeah, somebody should defend Dav. Who's up?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

SSD is a totally bitchin' Lawyer.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    HELICOPTER AND CYANIDE BOMBS IN WILDERNESS TO KILL COYOTES TO HELP RANCHERS WHO HAVE GRAZING PERMITS, AND SPENDING YOUR TAX DOLLARS DOING SO.
    What about highland cows? Are those cool?
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by hairy View Post
    yeah...building a house is just like filming a skier in the wilderness....thanx!
    its called a permit process. some people follow it and they're allowed to do what the permit allows. others dont get the permit and then bitch about what a stupid process it is. get the permit and its no big deal.

It's NOT ok for Dav to use human powered access to wilderness, but it IS ok for our government to allow HELICOPTER AND CYANIDE BOMBS IN WILDERNESS TO KILL COYOTES TO HELP RANCHERS WHO HAVE GRAZING PERMITS, AND SPENDING YOUR TAX DOLLARS DOING SO.

STUPID! They are so hypocritical it makes me sick.
    Gee, if helis and dead coyotes get you in a dander, you should see what the feds do when it comes to oil and mineral rights leases.
    Last edited by Toadman; 05-02-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Exactly what I was saying in my somewhat sarcastic post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    on a positive note, next time you venture near one of the peaks in question, you'll have that much less shit paper, scarred trees, and habituated bears to deal with.
    Lone Star, I've got to say that in this instance you are way, way off base. Yes, many areas are loved to death, IN THE SUMMER. The number of people willing and able (expensive gear, ability to use it, fitness level, lack of avalanche savvy, etc) to go into remote wilderness areas to climb and ski a peak in snow season is very small. It's pretty obvious that I have been skiing 14ers with regularity this winter. I don't remember seeing anyone outside my own party on more than a couple of them. I've rarely even seen tracks outside of the peaks that are close to Denver and have easy access, none of which are in a wilderness area. From what I've seen, many of the peaks in question see less than a dozen people all winter long. From another website, Mr Davenport reported seeing a whopping total of 4 people on the 54 peaks he skied. How the birds and the bears navigate through the piles of used shit tickets, I'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Free Range Lobster View Post
    So did you do that in CoffeeCup or Frontpage 98?
    sold was the key there...not mine.....

When was the last time a new ski resort opened in the US. I've listed examples where permits for cool new resorts have been denied. Where is the resort expansion this summer in the states?

You don't get it, we can still be green, but we should stand up for skiing rights first.

I guess cj is an eco nazi first and a skier second, or third...
    when was the last time a ski resort made a profit in the US dipshit? If they were profitable people might build them. they aren't, so they don't
    Elvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Lone Star, I've got to say that in this instance you are way, way off base. Yes, many areas are loved to death, IN THE SUMMER.
    Now we're getting somewhere...

Summer versus winter totally flew over my head, I guess I'm always stuck in winter mode.

There is an assumption being made here, which looks correct, that Dav (or whoever did the filming) intended this as a commercial venture. If he didn't (or could claim he didn't) initially film for commercial purposes (and didn't use a tripod?? What an idiotic criteria) then he should be fine regardless of what they say.
    Now if his sponsors set aside money specifically to film, and we know they had commercial ends in mind, it would change things, but that isn't the only way to understand the situation. I wouldn't necessarily assume he had a contract that stipulated filming this for commercial purposes (but that may have been the case, who knows).
    [quote][//quote]

CJ you're a tool.

Get a life dude, 7,000 posts and it's the same inane drivel all the time from you.

I caught your "deadbeat state" comment the other day and let it slide.

So you're saying when all the ski resorts close we shouldn't be allowed access to our public lands, I'm confused.

Do you ever ski, or are you here 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    This was part of the email I received from 14ers.com:

The Colorado Fourteener's Initiative (CFI) annual fundraiser, Fiesta for the Peaks, will be held Friday, May 4th 6:00pm, at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden. Join the CFI for an introduction by Lou Dawson and feature presentation by Chris Davenport. Proceeds go to the protection and preservation of our 14ers!

Tickets:
    General Admission is $30 in advance / $45 at the door
    Premier Admission with Reserved Seats: $54 in advance
    CFI Volunteer Admission: $25 in advance

For more information or to purchase tickets, please call 303-278-7650

Thanks for the info....not sure I will make it now with the $$$ tickets.

How many of these peaks are in wilderness areas? I'm curious which ones won't make the cut now.
    SLOWER TRAFFIC
    KEEP RIGHT
    http://shifter102.blogspot.com/