Page 535 of 929 FirstFirst ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,375 of 23206

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    There we go. People thinking ahead. It brings us to a deeper point here.

Doesn't matter if you have natural immunity due to a COVID infection, or got the vaccines. After 6 months antibodies wane to the point you cannot donate convalescent plasma as it would just be considered normal plasma.

Does that mean we need a booster shot every 6 months for eternity?

I brought this up earlier in the thread, do these companies have a plan for COVID vaccines 2.0? Something better than a booster every 6 months?
    See, if you had watched the Family Guy PSA you would know about memory cells.

Doesn't matter if you have natural immunity due to a COVID infection, or got the vaccines. After 6 months antibodies wane to the point you cannot donate convalescent plasma as it would just be considered normal plasma.

I brought this up earlier in the thread, do these companies have a plan for COVID vaccines 2.0? Something better than a booster every 6 months?
    Oh, I’m 100% certain they haven’t thought of this. I’ll tweet Fauci, I bet it will blow his little mind how smrt you are.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I don't think it means six months is some magic number. The Red Cross probably just drew a line in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    And here are the American adults who say they’ve already been vaccinated — broken down by demographic group:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...d-u-s-n1277514
    Ah. So your list is a copy/paste of THIS particular link of yours. Which it states is based on their "NBC poll" which fails to provide a link or ANY data behind that list. No numbers of people polled. No margin of error. How the poll was conducted. NOTHING.

So, yeah. That list isn't exactly scientific data, CDC stats, or even remotely up to Pew standards. Whether or not the results are true (or not true), the article displays some shitty journalistic standards either way. No wonder your first post about it was so vague and didn't provide a source to begin with. Care to try again with some real data this time?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Thanks, but I greatly prefer your “What the fuck?” gif…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

As-stupid-as-a-pin

From your link
    “There are claims circulating that incorrectly state that the Red Cross will not accept convalescent plasma donations from those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine because “the vaccine wipes out those antibodies making the convalescent plasma ineffective in treating other COVID-19 patients.” This is not accurate.”

Why are you so stupid? You cant even read the same shit that you post. It’s truly amazing how absurd your self defeating posts are.

100% self own.

Edit to add:

Now Dumbfuckey is a statistician? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Ah. So your list is a copy/paste of THIS particular link of yours. Which it states is based on their "NBC poll" which fails to provide a link or ANY data behind that list. No numbers of people polled. No margin of error. How the poll was conducted. NOTHING.

So, yeah. That list isn't exactly scientific data, CDC stats, or even remotely up to Pew standards. Whether or not the results are true (or not true), the article displays some shitty journalistic standards either way. No wonder your first post about it was so vague and didn't provide a source to begin with. Care to try again with some real data this time?
    lol, you conveniently ignored the first two links:

Republicans are still a bigger obstacle to vaccination than Black Americans:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ack-americans/

What Drives GOP Resistance to Vaccines?:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-dr...es-11623190392

And you also ignored the responses on the previous page: according to the CDC they only have race/ethnicity data for a little over half 59% of vaccinees and no data from the state of Texas so a poll, however imperfect, is bound to include more useful information.

From the first link:

All of this obscures an important point: There are more Republicans than Black Americans. Gallup estimates that 4 in 10 Americans are Republican or Republican-leaning independents. Only about 13 percent of the country is Black, many of them under the age of 18. So even if the same percentage of the Black and Republican populations were unvaccinated, that’s a lot more Republicans than Black people in the pool of the unvaccinated.

Again looking only at the counties for which we have vaccination data, a slightly higher percentage of Black Americans than Trump voters live in the half of counties with the highest vaccination rates. But 1.9 times as many Trump voters overall live in the less vaccinated half of counties. There are about 7.4 million more Trump voters than Black residents in those least-vaccinated counties. There are a lot more Trump voters in the more heavily vaccinated counties, too, of course, but the ratio is narrower: 1.8 times as many.

None of this is a defense of those who aren’t vaccinated, whatever their race or politics. It is, instead, an effort to contextualize the continued effort by many on the right to point fingers at Black Americans as deserving of particular criticism on vaccination rates.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    lol, you conveniently ignored the first two links:

Republicans are still a bigger obstacle to vaccination than Black Americans:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ack-americans/

What Drives GOP Resistance to Vaccines?:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-dr...es-11623190392
    Not at all. I read those trying to find where you sourced your copy/pasted list from, and it was specifically from the NBC piece. Your WaPo and WSJ articles are all over the place and your particular list was not from them. I was asking for a source for your list, and it was NBC. You listed the others to try and support your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    This article shows that we need a booster every 6 months on account gene mutations of the virus.

The FDA and CDC just came out saying that we don't need a booster. There is a disconnect here. Who should we trust?

This article shows that we need a booster every 6 months on account gene mutations of the virus.

The FDA and CDC just came out saying that we don't need a booster. There is a disconnect here. Who should we trust?
    NOT you.

no it doesn't.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Not at all. I read those trying to find where you sourced your copy/pasted list from, and it was specifically from the NBC piece. Your WaPo and WSJ articles are all over the place and your particular list was not from them. I was asking for a source for your list, and it was NBC. You listed the others to try and support your opinion.
    it's not his opinion, it's the results of a poll. he pointed to two other articles substantiating the poll results.

Where did it say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    it's not his opinion, it's the results of a poll.
    And how valid is that "poll" when it states it's based on an NBC poll (NOT Pew, NOT WSJ, NOT WaPo)? An NBC poll that it doesn't even show. I'm sure you went to college, so you should know that any poll cited that fails to provide ANY information about it (polling methods, margin of error, etc.) is automatically considered invalid. The NBC article literally just states the "results" with zero evidence to substantiate it.

And how valid is that "poll" when it states it's based on an NBC poll (NOT Pew, NOT WSJ, NOT WaPo)? An NBC poll that it doesn't even show. I'm sure you went to college, so you should know that any poll cited that fails to provide ANY information about it (polling methods, margin of error, etc.) is automatically considered invalid. The NBC article literally just states the "results" with zero evidence to substantiate it.
    Please reread Mulitverses post: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...88#post6412388

This is really important:
    None of this is a defense of those who aren’t vaccinated, whatever their race or politics. It is, instead, an effort to contextualize the continued effort by many on the right to point fingers at Black Americans as deserving of particular criticism on vaccination rates.

Took me 15 seconds to find the link to their polling info. But thats too difficult for you.

“Sixty-nine percent of Americans say they’ve gotten a Covid-19 vaccination, while 13 percent say they won’t get it under any circumstance (the rest say they will get it as soon as possible, will wait or will get it only if required).
    Forty percent say Biden has accomplished either a great deal or a fair amount as president, while 58 percent disagree.
    Thirty-five percent of Americans say the Covid relief legislation that was passed in March is helping improve the economy or will do so in the future, versus 38 percent who believe it won’t help or will hurt the economy; 27 percent have no opinion or are unsure.

The NBC News poll was conducted Aug. 14-17 among 1,000 adults — 600 of whom are cellphone-only respondents — and the overall margin of error in the poll is plus-minus 3.1 percentage points.

Of the 790 registered voters the poll measured, the margin of error is plus-minus 3.5 percentage points.”

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I don’t think you guys will ever resolve the ‘what group is the biggest obstacle?’ question to everyone’s satisfaction.

Meanwhile….what’s The Borg’s take on testing potentially exposed kids daily for a week kids rather than frequent quarantining? https://www.vox.com/22686638/rapid-c...uarantine-test seems like a practical solution to this dentist.

Ass pen

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    What's especially noxious about Florida GOP man attacking the MMR vaccine is MMR has been shown to strengthen protection against Covid. It's not as good as an actual Covid vaccine but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Meanwhile….what’s The Borg’s take on testing potentially exposed kids daily for a week kids rather than frequent quarantining? https://www.vox.com/22686638/rapid-c...uarantine-test seems like a practical solution to this dentist.
    Yeah, per your article, “test to stay,” where close contacts of a student who tests positive can still stay in school, as long as they get a daily negative test for a certain period of time makes a lot more sense than having kids quarantine at home.

Let me try a different approach: online discourse runs aground when someone invokes a Hitler comparison. Similarly, when polls and the associated conclusions and assumptions get argued, threads kinda become chicken fucking exercises IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Fair point, but the CDC data appears to have issues with entire stats not reporting demographic data.

“ Missing data may be influenced by inconsistent collection of information at the time of vaccination, differences in jurisdictional electronic data programs, as well as some jurisdictional policies or laws that do not allow demographic data to be reported. Completeness of reporting for race/ethnicity, age and sex are summarized on the Demographic Trends page. Age and sex completeness is currently above 90% and race/ethnicity between 50-60%. This will result in vaccination coverage appearing lower when displayed as a percentage of the total US population.”

“ *Texas does not report demographic-specific dose number information to CDC, so data for Texas are not represented in these figures.”
    No doubt, but I'm going to trust CDC data even if its missing states over some bullshit 1000 person phone poll.

As far as I know they could have polled just NBC employees.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Let me try a different approach: online discourse runs aground when someone invokes a Hitler comparison. Similarly, when polls and the associated conclusions and assumptions get argued, threads kinda become chicken fucking exercises IMHO.
    News Flash: Hitler was only a valid comparison when dump was in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    No doubt, but I'm going to trust CDC data even if its missing states over some bullshit 1000 person phone poll.

As far as I know they could have polled just NBC employees.
    Nope.

They only polled fake rich guy internet trolls. You weren’t called? Must be an error.

Dumbass