Page 26 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    If I had to survive off my fishing skills, I would lose a lot of weight fast. Must run in the family as my daughter once won the prize for the ugliest fish caught. There was no way anyone was eating that thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Retard Chariots/Texas Wheelchairs/OHV's whatever the fuck they are. I'd love to see each and every one of those damn things impaled on pungee sticks and burning in a pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Compulsive/non-stop talkers.
    Building on this: people that jabber endlessly when they're at restaurants instead of eating so that when everyone else is done and ready to go they're only part way through their meal, so everyone ends up waiting on the diarrhea-mouth to stop talking for just a moment and finish their fucking meal so that we can all get the hell out of there...that annoys me.

When revamping a small bridge is planned to take 3.5 years. WTF MATE!?!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...y.html?camp=fb
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Well to be fair it's a pretty big bridge and it's 100 years old, but yeah, 3.5 years??? So that means it'll take five, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    Or catching shit fish when you want good ones. Like when I go fishing and catch a ling, I'm like fuck you ling.
    That must be a very different fish than what some call a ling around here (also known as cobia), because those fuckers are like fighting a train and taste like heaven.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well to be fair it's a pretty big bridge and it's 100 years old, but yeah, 3.5 years??? So that means it'll take five, wtf?
    Luckily its only going to cost us $255M!

255m?.... Come on over to my neck of the woods ... 5.5 B to replace the Tappan Zee bridge with almost the same bridge, the new one will have no mass transit but will have a Bus lane so that the busses can have their own lane of traffic to sit in. Claiming it will take a little more than 5 years to build. As an added bonus, the estimated toll to cross is $14.00.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Luckily its only going to cost us $255M!
    Yeah, like the big dig was only gonna cost $2.5 bil. I definitely wouldn't count on that number.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    the estimated toll to cross is $14.00.
    Holy fucking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Holy fucking shit.
    Hey to be fair that price includes a hummer from the toll booth attendant. Not sure how that's supposed to improve traffic flows, but I'n not an engineer.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

People that "mail it in", especially when the quality of your work is directly connected to the quality of their work.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    First time I have had upstairs neighbors in almost 5 years. They recently got a new home theater system. It sounds like I got Jurassic Park going on above my living room pretty much from 8-11PM every night. Luckily my bedroom and office is downstairs so I can retreat, but it definitely sucks. This is a total new development from when signing my 2 year lease. Fuckers.
    Oh man that brings back some bad memories. Noisy upstairs neighbor is what finally drove me to buy a house. Day after day, week after week, month after month. That shit gets real old.

People that think a pound of overground, dark as shit French roast gives them the biggest kick in the pants in the morning, yet have to put 8 spoons of sugar and cream in it to make it palatable.

I was never a coffee snob until I worked at opentable a couple years ago. Two dudes sent out a memo saying that there needed to be uniformity in the office coffee, with a tutorial video, and basically said that if you weren't willing to do it this way, just to come and get them. Some people saw it as off putting, but a couple weeks later every person in the office was grateful.

People that eat the heel of a loaf of bread with 95% of the loaf left to go.

Water nazis that take ice cubes out of their freezer made from tap water.
    Last edited by guroo270; 07-23-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

My crimefighting neighbor that finds it his province to mow down all the tall grass near the stream through my backyard on a nice, lazy Sunday afternoon when we are watching some MotoGP.

In the same vein, the same neighbor whose kids are up and outside at 7am on the weekend, yelling screaming and often crying.

those people that have to toot their car horn when leaving some ones place even at 1am ...

I call them tooters ... ha
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

In the same vein, the same neighbor whose kids are up and outside at 7am on the weekend, yelling screaming and often crying.
    Late sleeping pussies are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    Late sleeping pussies are annoying.
    Self important, early risers who consider 7am late on a weekend are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    those people that have to toot their car horn when leaving some ones place even at 1am ...

I call them tooters ... ha
    In the same vein, people who pull up to an apt building and honk repeatedly to get the attention of the person they're picking up. Use your phone or walk up you dumb cunt.
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    have you ever actually been to the Delaware shore? I kinda doubt it. Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, Fenwick? Any of that ring a bell at all?

I haven't posted anything that irritates me in this thread but it irritates the shit out of me when people who know exactly fuck-all about someplace slam it to make themselves feel superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    What Ice said, plus the fact that it's only 2.5 hours away (depending on traffic) so every female under 30 that works in DC or Baltimore can be found there at some time in the summer. Dewey is one of the most fun party beach towns in the country - I shit you not.

If you think the DE beaches suck you should check out Ocean City, MD -- the only other option <4 hours. You'd change yer tune right quick.

firstly, I don't stop by here to engage in a pissing contest. If Delaware is your place to be, sorry if I offended you but I am lucky enough to travel most of the country for business and just was passing my opinion based on my travel experience.

And yes, I have at one point or another visited all of the Delaware coast. Lewes is nice but there is zero going on there. Rehoboth... I flew in Ms Tennessee while we were dating and stayed at an ocean front hotel there. Nice town to weekend in with a chick. Little shops, restaurants, shopping . She had a nice time but as a single guy... it's primarily gay so, not my choice. Dewey... essentially a two bar town where dressing up means a clean wife beater. Heading south, there is miles of absolutely nothing till you hit Bethany Beach which is still essentially nothing. From there a State park then Maryland.

I'm first to admit I hate the beach, boats and the whole coastal thing. If I do any kind of anything around water, I will hit Miami/Lauderdale/Palm for a long weekend only because it's more city like and not beach like. Even then, 3 days and I'm good for the year. Sometimes even 2 or three years.

Anyway sorry if I insulted your place to beach guys I am sure if you are a beach person it's great. i still fly myself out of there at my own expense if I have to be there over a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post

Water nazis that take ice cubes out of their freezer made from tap water.
    ??? Huh ???

Making ice cubes from vodka is hard.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    ??? Huh ???

Making ice cubes from vodka is hard.
    I think he's referring to the dummies who drink Fiji water but still get their ice from the ice maker, which uses tap water.
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    Hey to be fair that price includes a hummer from the toll booth attendant. Not sure how that's supposed to improve traffic flows, but I'n not an engineer.
    Haha .... I had a friend who was super hot, 18-19 years old, who worked on this bridge as a toll collector. She used to come home in tears from the constant harassment from (trucker) guys. She eventually quit because of it.

Ah. that makes sense. Nothing wrong with our tap water around here, I rarely buy the bottled stuff.

I'm sure it's been covered - but people who don't know how/won't let people merge drive me nuts.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I know I will get flamed for this, but New York fucking city. What a fucking cluster fuck. Stopped by last weekend to see some friends there, 40 minute queue at the airport for a taxi, lines for the museums, lines for this and that and the fucking traffic, Jesus Christ. I will never complain again as I drive through Hell A. Taxi driver on the way back to the airport is telling us how much he loves New York Jesus, the guy has obviously never been to a nice place with a little elbow room and no fucking lines. O fuck and the prices of everything there. I am so glad to be back on the Island.
    end rant
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.