Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colorado_Sun_Concepts_.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	302430
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    apparently they fired the company who was doing their legal stuff
    AKA found a scapegoat and threw it under the bus. Anyone else get a ass-kissing email offering a personal "gear concierge" in exchange for "coming back to Backcountry? Until Jonathan Nielson is tarred, feathered, and shown the door, I'm moving to Evo/Moosejaw.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B45hKRJl...d=piknyuizrmio

They’re partnering with Backcountrybabes to provide 5 scholarships for AIARE instructor qualification as well as 5 scholarships for AMGA ski guide certification.

What they did was unbelievably scummy but if they keep doing stuff like this they may earn some of my business back.

Whoever is advising them on this new PR campaign is doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

It's not rocket science. The question is how will they do moving beyond these small actions. And is this just smoke and mirrors.

Yeah, that is a cynical view, but the bottom line is their true colors showed loud and clear. Sure companies can change, but this one falls under a larger umbrella of questionable ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    AKA found a scapegoat and threw it under the bus.
    this was my first thought as well
    skid luxury

AKA found a scapegoat and threw it under the bus. Anyone else get a ass-kissing email offering a personal "gear concierge" in exchange for "coming back to Backcountry? Until Jonathan Nielson is tarred, feathered, and shown the door, I'm moving to Evo/Moosejaw.
    You mean evo/walmart?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

To be fair, Moosejaw is merely a wholly owned subsidiary of Walmart

They’re partnering with Backcountrybabes to provide 5 scholarships for AIARE instructor qualification as well as 5 scholarships for AMGA ski guide certification.

What they did was unbelievably scummy but if they keep doing stuff like this they may earn some of my business back.

Bullshit, fuck 'em They're doing it because they got caught being a huge POS and this is a money calculation.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    You should read the latest on this....BC.com and Marquette have come together with BC.com dropping their suit and the two of them collaborating for marketing his skis. They also fired their IP legal firm and are allegedly reaching out to others whose lives they made miserable. Who knows what will come of this but they look like they're trying to make amends, at least to the outside world. Time will tell....

They're also contributing to Olillo's (Snapperhead/Marquette Backcountry Skis) non-profit that connects students with investors to bring products to market.

These are all good things but yeah, this ain't rocket science. Don't know why anyone thought they were "cool" anymore. This is the second private equity firm that's owned them in the last decade, they're just about the bottom line and their business practices and working conditions show it. If they were "cool", they would have been doing this stuff all along.

On the plus side, at least these organisations are benefitting now and into the future. Backcountry has a real opportunity here to actually become the benevolent ie: "cool" corp that many may have mistakenly seen them as. If they actually continue with these moves, the community will benefit.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I didn’t realize they’d changed hands again. I more or less stopped buying from them after the first acquisition, which I feels like about the time they discontinued their return policy. To be fair, I know some people who abused the hell out of it, but I liked the security it offered. But at the height of my S&C sickness, I had the notifier on my office PC, and used Gearsnipe to get notifications on deals I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Bullshit, fuck 'em They're doing it because they got caught being a huge POS and this is a money calculation.
    #spincontrol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    They're also contributing to Olillo's (Snapperhead/Marquette Backcountry Skis) non-profit that connects students with investors to bring products to market.

These are all good things but yeah, this ain't rocket science. Don't know why anyone thought they were "cool" anymore. This is the second private equity firm that's owned them in the last decade, they're just about the bottom line and their business practices and working conditions show it. If they were "cool", they would have been doing this stuff all along.

On the plus side, at least these organisations are benefitting now and into the future. Backcountry has a real opportunity here to actually become the benevolent ie: "cool" corp that many may have mistakenly seen them as. If they actually continue with these moves, the community will benefit.
    Yeah the real question is, have they changed anything from a management perspective? Who authorized IPLA's checks, signed off on the domestic terrorism campaign, and are those same people still in their jobs?

If it's still the same people doing the same shit, but they've promised to change and then made up to all (only?) the companies who have been publicly identified by Jason Blevins as having been fucked by BCDC ... well, anyone whose ever had a shitty boyfriend/girlfriend has heard this one before haven't they?

The same people in the same jobs in the same corporate culture is a likely recipe for the same kind of narcissistic strategy they set off on 2-3 years ago.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    no I haven't bought from them in DECADES
    yes I still have a personal gear concierge maggot personal friend I who ski with so I wouldn't need an email reguardless
    we/i cant offer you cost + 10% on your gear your not on our team.
    but I cant think of an instance where the level 9 ever did much to bring this community any angst distrust or dishonor let alone 25 pages worth
    of SMJW anger
    so feel free to shop with us online or in one of 4 brick and mortars locations in the satch
    or buy your dps wally world skis from moose jaw wally world on line
    cause its a great wally world company if
    wallyworldmatters to you
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    no I haven't bought from them in DECADES
    yes I still have a personal gear concierge maggot personal friend I who ski with so I wouldn't need an email reguardless
    we/i cant offer you cost + 10% on your gear your not on our team.
    but I cant think of an instance where the level 9 ever did much to bring this community any angst distrust or dishonor let alone 25 pages worth
    of SMJW anger
    so feel free to shop with us online or in one of 4 brick and mortars locations in the satch
    or buy your dps wally world skis from moose jaw wally world on line
    cause its a great wally world company if
    wallyworldmatters to you
    Never actually knew Level 9 was SLC and your lair. I’ll remember to look first there now.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Fuckn truth right there. Ridiculous. Imagine if folks mobilized over social media for actual issues that affect our lives outside of shopping. This is really so fucking dumb. Move over #firstworldproblems, here comes #pissedoffsportyshoppers
    dave bringing the dave

why are your panties in a knot? what bc is doing is stupid. where people spend their money is their choice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backcountrysux.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	303060

Just going to leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    The equivalent of community service.

At a glance someone picking up the trash may look like a good person for helping the environment but they’re only doing it because they got caught doing something shitty.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

yeah, I'm done buying from them.... their apology reminded me of BP's apology after the oil spill in the Gulf. HalfA$$ed

I found myself browsing SAC today and promptly closed the browser window. Fuck this company until it starts a major entrepreneur fund and helps more than one business for show purposes.

Gearhead sent me an email today with a new extra promotion...told them take me off the list, I'm done.

THAT WILL SHOW THEM!

I've noticed the emails are getting a little more needy.

What’s the breaking point where the gear slut in all us comes out.

40-50% off ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan S View Post
    yeah, I'm done buying from them.... their apology reminded me of BP's apology after the oil spill in the Gulf. HalfA$$ed
    come on. they were deeply sorry
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What’s the breaking point where the gear slut in all us comes out.

40-50% off ?
    Once they were in receivership the Nashbar folks were doing 80-95% off. If they liquidate in bankruptcy there's no need to be principled anymore, right?