Page 188 of 268 FirstFirst ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

They sent that language to everyone. I really want to know exactly what prioritizing pass holders means. And no, walkups are not the problem. Too many IKONs is.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Rusty just sent this out to the Mammoth crew. I like it.

This effort starts with controlling resort visitation levels to avoid overcrowding. We are prioritizing access for season pass holders and will tightly regulate the number of daily lift tickets that will be available by advance purchase only. To this end, walk-up window sales will be eliminated, and the sale of most undated lift ticket products will be discontinued until further notice. Please visit mammothmountain.com/covid for more information regarding our policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Same exact language as DV.
    "Season Pass holder"...Is an IKON pass holder a "season pass holder" as far as these resorts are concerned?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

In my case as a mid week skier, I am feeling pretty good about that announcement. Ski Monday thru Thursday and split. Come back in two weeks and do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Are walk up sales really that significant anywhere? Multi passes kinda killed them, no?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I know on big days the ticket windows at Snowbird have decent sized lines at them. You have to walk through them every tram lap.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    "Season Pass holder"...Is an IKON pass holder a "season pass holder" as far as these resorts are concerned?
    It's obvious that it's not for places that only allow limited days for ikon passes. But for places that allow unlimited, I'm guessing they can't show preference to those who buy their single mountain season pass over those who buy an ikon. But I'm just guessing, no answer has been provided.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

For Deer Valley:
    "At this time no reservations are required for Ikon Pass Holders."
    from https://www.deervalley.com/plan-your...sses/ikon-pass

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Huh. That’s interesting. Deer Valley is limited. I wonder if this means that Ikon pass is non reservation at all Ikon resorts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    That's what I was asking, which I did poorly. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Yeah, you're not alone. There's a lot of shit talk on certain threads on this forum about "ikon pass skiers" and those of us in California are like, well, that's our only pass option to ski Squaw / Mammoth so it's kind of a funny disconnect.

Depends on the resort. The resorts owned by Alterra (Squawlpine, Mammoth, Winter Park, Steamboat), yes definitely, the others are on a case by case basis. Aspen, on the other hand, is a weird exception because even though it's owned by Alterra there's still a non Ikon pass option.

Winter Park isn't owned by ikon.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Winter Park isn't owned by ikon.
    I know the City of Denver is technically the owner of the land, but for all intents and purposes, its an Alterra resort.
    Live Free or Die

Probably already posted but good article here, especially as it lists what resorts are considered "partners" and which are Alterra owned/operated.

https://www.powder.com/stories/news/...-destinations/

Basically, Alterra is saying that "partners' will set their own policy while "Alterra owned" will consider Ikon pass holders as "pass holders" so would not need to make reservations.

Excerpt from the article
    "Each of the partner resorts on the Ikon Pass (those not owned by Alterra) has the autonomy to make their own operating decisions. Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Big Sky Resort, Brighton, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Loon Mountain in New Hampshire, Taos Ski Valley, and New York’s Windham Mountain therefore will require guests to make advance lift reservations."

Aspen Snowmass is still trying to figure out their operating plan.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

The "autonomy"? I think they have the leverage - to create a Tier 2 Icon customer which they can use to backfill capacity in slow periods or which they can restrict (via lift access or parking reservations) when they have enough of their own passholders who want to ski that day. Feels like a great mechanism for the "partners" to manage the uncertainty of the season...

So, fine. Price a more restricted pass. Maybe 200-250. I'm not paying the same price as last year when I could just show up and hit an RIFD gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, fine. Price a more restricted pass. Maybe 200-250. I'm not paying the same price as last year when I could just show up and hit an RIFD gate.
    Then don't buy it.

Shit is different this year Benny. There's a global pandemic in case ya missed it.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Here you go. Enjoy winter.

Those are going to be so rad.

I need to read through Ikon's fine print, but asking here just in case anyone here has already done it --

If I select a specific resort for Ikon's "Adventure Assurance" Covid closure policy, and that resort does close down because of Covid -- does that closure have any effect on usage of the Ikon pass at other resorts?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Does anyone know what "prioritizing season pass holders" actually looks like in practice? And it seems like, in the case of Crystal, if everyone Ikon pass holder in the Puget Sound showed up it would be wildy overcrowded.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I need to read through Ikon's fine print, but asking here just in case anyone here has already done it --

If I select a specific resort for Ikon's "Adventure Assurance" Covid closure policy, and that resort does close down because of Covid -- does that closure have any effect on usage of the Ikon pass at other resorts?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    no
    Thanks
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by nwslider View Post
    Does anyone know what "prioritizing season pass holders" actually looks like in practice?
    Relax. Nobody knows for a few months. Not even the person who wrote that.

Does anyone know what "prioritizing season pass holders" actually looks like in practice? And it seems like, in the case of Crystal, if everyone Ikon pass holder in the Puget Sound showed up it would be wildy overcrowded.
    This will be the first season of such a policy. Although, XTAL last year experienced all those pass holders showing up with everyone else on weekends. So, that's going to be a problem for resorts who think that not every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Jane with season's pass isn't going to show up all at once on any given weekend.

My guess is there will be a lot of bitching and complaining by season pass holders this season expecting to have a gondola or 6 pack all to themselves.

People will need to reset their expectations settings this season, and then adjust them even lower later on as things go into the COVID infected toilet.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

this is why people are trying to strategize about gaming the system. Pick the resort most likely to close, get money back (deferred to next year I think), and ski all the time at other resorts.

my local resort (Eldora) is probably a good pick (unfortunately) if you want to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    this is why people are trying to strategize about gaming the system. Pick the resort most likely to close, get money back (deferred to next year I think), and ski all the time at other resorts.

my local resort (Eldora) is probably a good pick (unfortunately) if you want to go that route.
    I picked Squawlpine because it's in CA and closest Ikon to the bay area - which are both factors that may be in favor of closures.

The way I see it, Crystal skiers who don't have the freedom to ski midweek will have a high chance of a frustrating season. If I lived up there as a weekend skier, sure I would still buy IKON, but I'd hold on to my right to defer for a long time before choosing to scan my pass. Like, I might just watch the lift line crowds on the Crystal webcams until mid-January, and not get scanned unless Crystal proves all the way through mid- to late-January that it's not a shitshow on weekends and won't impose new unexpected reservation limits for weekends. Your call. [/Doom&Gloom]

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy