Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    So what happens at a Vail ski hill if a liftie calls in sick due to covid?
    A Whistler roundhouse food staff member?
    A base customer service associate? A manager?

Do all the persons that worked with said person get laid over for 2 weeks?
    How does that affect the daily operations?
    Pretty sure they will just sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened. Kidding... or am I?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Betcha Vail will say you could still fly to Canada (true)
    This is NOT true. Canadians can fly to the U.S., but the opposite is not true. Our only way in is if we have essential business or if we're driving through to AK.

Isolate, contact trace, monitor, testing. It's not really your problem to solve, they'll figure something out.

Vail would prefer to hire you if you've already had COVID.
    There is no proof yet of permanent immunity. Re-infections have been documented.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    So what happens at a Vail ski hill if a liftie calls in sick due to covid?
    A Whistler roundhouse food staff member?
    A base customer service associate? A manager?

Do all the persons that worked with said person get laid over for 2 weeks?
    How does that affect the daily operations?
    Now you're getting it. A cascade, and no immigrant pool for replacements.

I was thinking yesterday about how that Mike Tyson quote should be the motto of 2020.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    There is no proof yet of permanent immunity. Re-infections have been documented.
    Please provide sources for your claims.

There is no reason to assume a lack of some form of immunity - that would mean this coronavirus does not behave like all others, and as of 2 weeks ago I read there is no evidence of this.

One man (in Japan, was it?) tested positive a second time. This does not mean he was re-infected, and means exactly that he tested positive again. This is also rare but does happen, and is commonly seen when testing large swaths of populations for a specific virus. Source: Dr. Fauci.

Bottom line is that recovering from this is expected to provide protection, but the length and degree is undetermined obviously since it's so new. Of course "permanent immunity" is unproven after 9 months.

Bottom line is that recovering from this is expected to provide protection, but the length and degree is undetermined obviously since it's so new. Of course "permanent immunity" is unproven after 9 months.
    Exactly.

and: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02506-y

but, bottom line, this is all so new that we're still learning, and, considering the horrendous testing and tracking in America, well, who knows?

Does anyone know if you can roll over your credit to 21/22 rather than 20/21? Of course, it's impossible to get ahold of anyone at Epic. I've tried multiple times over the past couple of months with zero responses. Awesome customer service, really. What a shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by JaBr View Post
    Does anyone know if you can roll over your credit to 21/22 rather than 20/21? Of course, it's impossible to get ahold of anyone at Epic. I've tried multiple times over the past couple of months with zero responses. Awesome customer service, really. What a shitshow.
    Going to go out on a limb here and say no.

Rationale: use it or lose it position as to use credit through Labor Day later extended to 9/17.

Think you need to buy pass and then not use it in order to receive credit toward next year. Essentially - making them an interest free loan so to speak.

I’m currently in an ONLINE waiting room to enter their website to purchase two single days that were credited back to me from last year. 9,000 people in front of me LMFAO.

If this is any indication of reservations this winter, it’ll be a shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Going to go out on a limb here and say no.

Rationale: use it or lose it position as to use credit through Labor Day later extended to 9/17.

Think you need to buy pass and then not use it in order to receive credit toward next year. Essentially - making them an interest free loan so to speak.
    Yeah, not so sure I'd like to do that considering there is a very good chance we're not riding this year.
    I broke my back snowboarding 1/17, had surgery 2/20 and am still recovering. I am guessing maybe late-season by the time my body is ready to make an attempt. And I'm still honestly not sure if I want to get back to it... though I think I do.
    My wife is high risk (kidney disease) and the COVID precautions mountains are seemingly taking are kind of a joke. People are still going to be allowed inside with bags, etc. So, basically my wife cannot enter a lodge or use a bathroom on the mountain, which either means renting a place right next to the mountain or not going. And renting means you're on the hook for the season even if the season is canceled.
    And lift lines... how do they plan to manage lift lines and keep people socially distanced? I see this just flat-out not happening. They can't manage to keep the lines in an orderly fashion on most days without social distancing. If you have 2 people on a 4-chair or 3 people on 6-chair and then you add in social distancing you're going to have lift lines at Mt. Snow out into the parking lots!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m currently in an ONLINE waiting room to enter their website to purchase two single days that were credited back to me from last year. 9,000 people in front of me LMFAO.

Yeah...website would not let me use my daughters credit towards Epic Day passes.....only lets me use credit towards an full Epic/Local Epic/College Epic.......kinda pissed. I was planning on just using her 70.00 credit for a 1 day pass for her....that would make the most sense.

yah i just clicked on my email renewal and was put in a wait line 10000+ with extimated wait of half hour. its been about 15 minutes and its now down to 8000 with 25 minutes wait. at this rate i wont get in for a couple hours. WTF!

considering the horrendous testing and tracking in America, well, who knows?
    Good thing there are like 209 other countries, I guess.

I wonder if Ikon's decision not to go to a reservation system was based in part on witnessing the difficulty Epic is having with customer service and anticipating that a reservation system for passholders would be an equal flail. Limiting advance purchase of day tickets OTOH would seem to be much simple. OTOH it remains to be seen which system will have better crowd control, distancing, etc. My guess is that things will be worse at Ikon resorts, especially weekends.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Yeah...website would not let me use my daughters credit towards Epic Day passes.....only lets me use credit towards an full Epic/Local Epic/College Epic.......kinda pissed. I was planning on just using her 70.00 credit for a 1 day pass for her....that would make the most sense.
    I was under the assumption that credits weren't valid for Epic Day passes, so I didn't even try. Maybe I misread though. Can anyone confirm that this actually works? I've got a $75 credit that would be awesome to put towards a day somewhere.

Anyone else getting glitches- I’m using the last years pass code and same credit card as prior to renew, everything works right up until last step and then a an oops screen. Calling only gets you to a phone message that call volumes too much call back later.

Just went to log on and make sure that I was all good for this season, I purchased my pass a few weeks ago. And got this, if even purchasing is a shit show I can only imagine what the reservation system will be like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1989.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	340462

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Just went to log on and make sure that I was all good for this season, I purchased my pass a few weeks ago. And got this, if even purchasing is a shit show I can only imagine what the reservation system will be like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1989.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	340462

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What kind of BS joke is that?! They can't manage a site to let everyone simply buy PASSES at their own will? You have to wait in a line online to buy a season pass?! LOL!

I know it's been talked about a lot, but, I predict that reservation abuse will be a very big issue as soon as mountains open. I hope that both Vail and Alterea have software geeks working on it, but, somehow I doubt it. It's not an entirely integrated ticket system. They'll have to figure out a way to penalize no shows, or it will be very difficult for all.

Holy shit - as someone who deals with large amounts of data and transactions, that is an EPIC fail. They don't even come close to selling enough passes where that should be an issue on any given day. Should be able to process the entire season's worth in a matter of minutes.

Man, better hope the three part time CSR's that VR employs to man the phones don't just walk out.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I know it's been talked about a lot, but, I predict that reservation abuse will be a very big issue as soon as mountains open. I hope that both Vail and Alterea have software geeks working on it, but, somehow I doubt it. It's not an entirely integrated ticket system. They'll have to figure out a way to penalize no shows, or it will be very difficult for all.
    VR has the capabilities to track your movement all over the mountain and have it linked to an account and you don't think that they can cross check reservations (an account) for no shows? Do you still use a sliderule for large computations?
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Pretty sure they will just sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened. Kidding... or am I?
    This is what I'm guessing happens......until it gets out of hand
    at least around here this summer, the employers were not required to tell other employees or guests if there was a positive case in house.
    Of course they were sending those people home and trying to mitigate, but no requirements about notifications, which kinda blew my mind
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    VR has the capabilities to track your movement all over the mountain and have it linked to an account and you don't think that they can cross check reservations (an account) for no shows? Do you still use a sliderule for large computations?
    Maybe Vail/Whistler/Breck/Beaver, but what about the other properties they basically do not stay on top of 24/7 but need for the competition? And, OK, so what if they figure it out or have it figured out. What's the penalty? What's the policy? That shit has to be established before chairs turn. They can't even answer phones.