Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Line Blade

Line Blade

Hey,

Anyone try the Line Blades?

At $499 CDN at the local ski shop......I think these look like a really fun early season ski (when not much is open except mellow groomers), and also a great spring ski? Luke at Blister seems to like them a lot and I like similar skis to him.

Supposed to size down 5cm, so I would go 176cm.

Specs are ridonkulous!:

154-95-124

14m radius

-7cm rec mount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HefixJR1508
    Last edited by kc_7777; 11-29-2023 at 12:33 AM.

my husband has a pair. He was very excited about getting them.
    I'll see if I can get him on here to give some feedback
    skid luxury

Line Blade

Thanks babybear, looking forward to some feedback.

I just pulled the trigger on some of last years. The local shop says they are a blast to ski….from groomers to pow to trees, but they haven’t sold that well. Too strange looking I guess.

Will mount em up this weekend and post some pics.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 11-29-2023 at 12:33 AM.

A buddy of mine and I were talking about them, and I ended up finding a deal for him at the end of last season. He got one day in and really liked them, replacing his circa '12 Obsetheds for his daily-driver. I'm hoping to take a run on them next season.

I refuse to acknowledge the fact that Line makes a directional ski...though the Blister guys seem to love it (which is a strong endorsement in my book.)

Line Blade

Here’s the Line Blade Blister review:

http://<br /> https://blisterreview....ne-blade<br />

Been researching, sounds like they like a wide stance. Can’t wait to try them.

This looks fun on mellow groomers….

Name:  IMG_2870.JPG
Views: 2360
Size:  96.8 KB
    Last edited by kc_7777; 09-18-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Gas pedal metal

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I was an early adopter with the Blade, and enjoy Line's directional offerings very much.
    Picked them up two seasons ago February and have 60+ days on them. I have a pretty decent quiver, but they are definitely go-tos for groomer cruising, you can lay down some serious trenches!

I've got the Blizzard Quattro RX, a frontside carver, which I use for Beer League. They are exponentially heavier and damper, but nowhere near as fun when fully locked in on edge. As in, they do not have the snappy rebound energy of the Blade.
    The Blade, however, does not perform well on even a marginally skied out race course.
    They do hold an edge on ice, but not full chatter shatter bs.

I really wanted a longer Sakana with metal, and the Blade is pretty close, they are an absolute blast!
    Speaking of length, I ski a lot of much longer skis regularly, Bodacious 196, 195 MoShip, 194 Moment Commander 108 etc. and the 180 length is cool with me.
    -I still want a longer metal Sakana, but that is a much looser ski imo than the Blade. The Pescado is also one of the funnest pow and corn skis ever!

If you have the skill, you can drag a hip a la Ted Ligety, (at least that's how I think it looks), on all three of these skis, the Blade being the most stable at speeds over 50mph. So it can carve a long radius turn, but is at home in short to medium radius shredding.
    *But I love heart-carving, so there's that.
    -you don't need any "special" wide stance, you can rip with your knees glued together if you want.

I should say that I do not like them for skiing inside mogul lines, the tips are so wide that they can get hung up, ime.
    They are fun to bounce from bump to bump on, picking your spots to boost and spray.

I do not know why they aren't way more popular, they get a lot of comments and questions in line and on the chair with their unique looks, and they really do, "Make Skiing More Funner!"

I'll replace them with another pair when I need to, but they are holding up great.
    -the new purple ones look sick!

- OG Wilson Pro Staffs + selected quiver offerings, there are just a couple few more not pictured, like 9 or so...
    Last edited by DeathVan; 09-19-2021 at 06:37 PM.

SkiJunky here. Death Van- I’m still holding unmounted 195 MoShips for future use. Strong quiver right there.

And I would second DV’s sentiments on the Blade. Enough twin to ski switch, but obvi a directional ski and happy on groomers and busting off the sides. It’ll go straight and you can make some longer radius turns for sure…but it’s happiest on an adventure involving the edges and getting playful in the mid to short radius. The pop you gain from the stiffness underfoot to tail to the more squared tail is splendid. Strong slash turn game but requires full attention or can put you in the backseat. So stay forward…and that keeps on on that front half, and drive it like a Porsche with truck tires. It’s versatile, and the tip obvi has float, but if you boost huge into deep snow, that’s when I try to remind myself of a wide stance so as to make the most of the 95mm waist width so as to avoid the ol punch front.

Talking about the Blade has me more stoked for opening day and groomers and side hits and solo ski and group shred…and eventually the snow gets deeper and I’ll get on bigger skis. But any day of the season I can jump on the Blades and have a blast. -AW
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    SkiJunky here. Death Van- I’m still holding unmounted 195 MoShips for future use.
    Damn..., nice!
    Nobody makes a ski like the MoShip anymore...
    -The threeway lovechild between a '76 Cadillac ElDorado, an M1 Abrams tank, and a Formula 1 car!

So besides being wider, how does this ski differ from any other old man carving ski like the Head Super Shape Titan?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    So besides being wider, how does this ski differ from any other old man carving ski like the Head Super Shape Titan?
    This is my take, take it for what it's worth:
    I demoed the iTitan and liked it a lot. I like to carve and it rips solid turns with medium to higher energy output.
    I would consider buying it but I have the Quattro RX, which is a double metal 88mm GS cheater ski, and feels similarly.
    Skiing all day on the Quattro can tire me out, as I need to be consciously focusing on working the ski 100% of the time.

In my experience the Line Blade has more turn radii available, and it is not just capable, it WANTS you to tip way the hell over and rail.
    It feels lighter in general while feeling laterally as stiff, but arcs more deeply more easily.
    Basically, it is easier to rip on and will elevate your carving game even if you can already drop a hip.
    After a full day I feel like I have retained more energy, while skiing just as hard.
    It is simply not as punishing and takes less focus and energy to nuke around on with your butt dragging in the snow.

It feels like it has a lot more "Life" and energy return, making it more playful and fun to work, you can also slash out the tails way easier than the iTitan or Quattro. The tail is definitely there, but not in the static way a race style ski can feel, it wants to pop.

Riding around on it you feel the ski pull you to play on and off all the side trail features, linking train tracks from hit to slash.
    You can be more creative in how you attack the hill, it becomes more of a playground than just a track to run on.

In the end, it has more dimensions both literally and figuratively.
    Give it a try. What can happen?

It definitely is on the list of "want to try", as it seems like a super fun ski.

Ok so now this ski really has my attention. Thanks for the input DV and SkiJunky.

"We have a new series of skis coming out in 2022/23 that are a hybrid of the vision and blade that are going to take freeride to a whole new place though… " line rep

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Line Blade

Here they are….last year’s Line Blade.

Lemme know if you want any more profile or tail pics or measurements. These are the 176cm. Mounted on the line (-7cm).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2939.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	386623
    Last edited by kc_7777; 11-29-2023 at 12:35 AM.

Sorry if it's already been covered, but is there any difference between the men's and women's versions in terms of construction or shape?

Very tempted by these:

https://www.als.com/line-ski-blade/p...SABEgK3SvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Sorry if it's already been covered, but is there any difference between the men's and women's versions in terms of construction or shape?

Very tempted by these:

https://www.als.com/line-ski-blade/p...SABEgK3SvD_BwE
    I think that is a typo, and should say 167.
    -the Men's had red accents, while the Women's did not (b&w)
    *Killer Deal though !

Below is copied from Line:
    https://lineskis.com/en-us/p/blade-w Women's
    https://lineskis.com/en-us/p/blade Men's

Women's
    "The Blade W is just like its counterpart, the Blade, except it features smaller sizes and a slightly narrower waist width at 92mm underfoot, while the Blade features a 95mm waist width."

SIZES (CM)
    DIMENSIONS (TIP-WAIST-TAIL) MM
    140-92-114

PROFILE (TIP-WAIST-TAIL) MM
    3-5-1

SIDECUT RADIUS AVG (M)
    Tight

STANCE BACK FROM CENTER (MM)

WEIGHT (G/SKI)

SKI CONSTRUCTION
    Sidewall

TOP MATERIAL
    Hardcap TPU

FLEX PATTERN
    Directional

WOOD CORE MATERIAL
    Aspen
    EXTRA TECH &/OR GEOMETRY
    Gas Pedal Metal

BASE & DIMENSIONS
    Fatty Base™ Sintered 1.7 mm

EDGE DIMENSIONS (MM)
    Fatty Edge 2.5 x 2.2

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
    Men's:
    SIZES (CM)
    DIMENSIONS (TIP-WAIST-TAIL) MM
    154-95-124

PROFILE (TIP-WAIST-TAIL) MM
    3-5-1

SIDECUT RADIUS AVG (M)
    Tight

STANCE BACK FROM CENTER (MM)

WEIGHT (G/SKI)

SKI CONSTRUCTION
    Sidewall

TOP MATERIAL
    Hardcap TPU

FLEX PATTERN
    Directional

WOOD CORE MATERIAL
    Aspen
    EXTRA TECH &/OR GEOMETRY
    Gas Pedal Metal

BASE & DIMENSIONS
    Fatty Base™ Sintered 1.7 mm

EDGE DIMENSIONS (MM)
    Fatty Edge 2.5 x 2.2

^^ too good to be true I guess.

I will give them a call tomorrow and try to get some clarification. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    ^^ too good to be true I guess.

I will give them a call tomorrow and try to get some clarification. Thanks
    I looked at those last week and called with the same question. It’s a typo. Women’s are 167, not 176.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiJunky here. Death Van- I’m still holding unmounted 195 MoShips for future use. Strong quiver right there.

And I would second DV’s sentiments on the Blade. Enough twin to ski switch, but obvi a directional ski and happy on groomers and busting off the sides. It’ll go straight and you can make some longer radius turns for sure…but it’s happiest on an adventure involving the edges and getting playful in the mid to short radius. The pop you gain from the stiffness underfoot to tail to the more squared tail is splendid. Strong slash turn game but requires full attention or can put you in the backseat. So stay forward…and that keeps on on that front half, and drive it like a Porsche with truck tires. It’s versatile, and the tip obvi has float, but if you boost huge into deep snow, that’s when I try to remind myself of a wide stance so as to make the most of the 95mm waist width so as to avoid the ol punch front.

Talking about the Blade has me more stoked for opening day and groomers and side hits and solo ski and group shred…and eventually the snow gets deeper and I’ll get on bigger skis. But any day of the season I can jump on the Blades and have a blast. -AW
    No use your account dude?
    Get yours back up and poast moar stoke!!!!

Line Blade

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    No use your account dude?
    Get yours back up and poast moar stoke!!!!
    ha! and I agree- he should post more stoke.
    i think in this instance he was on our family ipad and didn’t want to bother finding his old login info. I had also clued him in on this thread to give feedback.
    Wish he would post more but he got into a phase several yrs ago where he was not as interested in participating in social media / being on the computer a lot.
    But he’s been doing more editing lately so maybe we’ll see something fun from him. of course I will be the first to post it here
    skid luxury

ha! and I agree- he should post more stoke.
    i think in this instance he was on our family ipad and didn’t want to bother finding his old login info. I had also clued him in on this thread to give feedback.
    Wish he would post more but he got into a phase several yrs ago where he was not as interested in participating in social media / being on the computer a lot.
    But he’s been doing more editing lately so maybe we’ll see something fun from him. of course I will be the first to post it here
    I miss his jhole gopro edits, always got me fired up to go ski.

Yup, there was one I seemed to watch every late fall before I couldn't find it.

Line Blade

I frankly miss them too.
    but try not to pressure him. I can’t recall which visiting mag we were with last winter (or maybe winter prior) but we starting talking on the lift about his videos and we all started chanting “more videos, more videos” to him
    Last edited by babybear; 09-25-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    skid luxury