Thread: NYC advice

NYC advice

Going to NYC in August. I used to live in Rockaway so I know where to surf if there’s swell
    I need to know good safe areas of Manhattan to rent VBRO.
    Sorry I know it’s off topic but there are people in the know on this forum
    Thanks

Warrriors...:

I lived there pre Giuliani . It was warriors

My only advice is to bring plenty of small bills to give to the muggers and when you are inevitably confruted by a super-criminal, extend your hands high above your had to facilitate extrication.

At least
    , that's been my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

If you can afford to rent in Manhattan, you'll be fine. Honestly, it is pretty safe on that island. There may be a few block here and there that are not completely gentrified. I'd narrow it down to a few places you want, and just check out that area, or check back here and ask. Generally, you'd want to be near a subway station so it is easy to get around.

If you are really worried about it, find something in midtown on Park.

NYC advice

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    I lived there pre Giuliani . It was warriors
    I miss the seedyness of 42nd street w theaters boarded up, peep shows, hookers and other zoo animals roaming freely after dark. Walking all the way down that block after midnight was a real E ticket ride

I don't think I ever got that far in Final Fight. Must've been a secret level or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Best Place in Rockaway to rent a board ? (If there is surf)

May make it over to Ocean or Atlantic Beach so shops to visit there too

I haven't checked in two years, but there was only crap to rent two years ago. Best bet was a BZ soft top. Maybe they have some Torq available now. There can't be too many shops in the Rockaways. Never rented, so I don't know any more than Googles. Generally, tho, a soft top will be fine most summer days. No hurricanes on the horizon, so best bet is a little Bermuda High wind swell.

Flew over 92nd landing at JFK last Thursday around 7AM. Clean small surf was on tap. Outon the Cape now, and the whole shark thing has me not even bothering looking at the surf.