Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

BBQ Quiver Discussion

Who on here owns a quiver of grills, BBQs, and smokers? gas, charcoal, wood...

What you got?

I just bought a home, looking for some inspiration and smart ideas for outdoor cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I don't own one but a lot of people will tell you a big green egg and forget the quiver. I've been halfway intending to pick one up for a long time myself.

https://biggreenegg.com

^^I don't know enough to recommend a particular one

BBQ Quiver Discussion

I have two Weber genesis; a three burner & a six

[Eta] & a Q
    Last edited by acinpdx; 03-21-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Two webers, a Louisiana pellet smoker and a Traeger.

Although at this point in my life, I usually just order Reverends and call it a day.

Weber genesis 3 burner stainless propane and a weber smokey mountain
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I used to have several, but finally got rid of the ones I wasn’t using. Now just have a largish Weber charcoal kettle. Decided I couldn’t stand propane.

However, Costco has a Green Egg knock-off that perked my interest.

Jenn Air five burner gas, Kamado Joe, and old school Traeger here. I’ve been lucky on acquiring them through winning one, gifted one I had to refurbish from the dead, and a scratch and dent. If I had to buy just one, I’d probably go egg or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Weber genesis 3 burner stainless propane and a weber smokey mountain
    Same.

I make an improvised kettle by throwing a grate on the bottom of the smokey mountain if I want the charcoal grill experience, but usually just use the gasser.

Quote Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
    Same.

I make an improvised kettle by throwing a grate on the bottom of the smokey mountain if I want the charcoal grill experience, but usually just use the gasser.
    I've done that car camping before. Works well
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I've got a Egg, Blackstone, Inferno, PGS hooked to the house and a Iwatani Yakitori grll.

This might be the next one... They are fucking expensive though. Pitmaker Vault.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I think I've got the best of both worlds right now with a large big green egg and a Weber summit s670.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I've got a Egg, Blackstone, Inferno, PGS hooked to the house and a Iwatani Yakitori grll.

This might be the next one... They are fucking expensive though. Pitmaker Vault.
    Now Robert, you've been posting lusty images of that pitmaker vault on this forum for like 5 years. You make decent coin, right? I know the kids college funds still need topping off but, damnit, they deserve to eat great homemade BBQ now!

So, I give you permission to place your order. No further authorization is required at this point. Just go ahead and pull the trigger. Think how many racks of baby backs you be able to fit in that dirty bastard!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quiver of one: Weber Spirit (I, definitely not a II) 3xx series. I had to hunt down the last one within 100 miles last spring. Fkna Ray. It rocks. Those grates are amazing. They are solid and hold and spread heat very well. I probably need to clean something as it's getting a few slightly hotter spots. I didn't do the white bread toast test however, I was very impressed the first time I covered it edge to edge in chicken thighs and they were all perfect. I really like having the tank underneath behind a stainless steel door. So sexy. The Spirit II line looks all plastic and crap. The Genesis line has available reversable grates for your choice of grill marks. That would be nice. Costs a bunch more though. This post belongs in the Weber love thread. I guess if I buy another mini Weber ball then I'll have a quiver again. I do love some lump charcoal grilled chicken thighs. Oh wait, I almost forgot the cheapo grill out in the camper. It sucks. Of course none of this is used for actual Barbeque, the long slow grilling and smoking process used for ribs, brisket, etc. It's all for BBQ. Big difference. Closest I come is to doing the occasional beef or pork roast with indirect heat. The pork roast last night was done in 40 minutes plus the initial sear time on each side. I figured it was finally warm enough out to be able to leave it mostly unattended and not have to futz with the burner settings or have to have the middle burner too high. I rotated the meat once half way through.

Weber Spirit 3 burner and a stainless box for wood chips. Friend keeps promising to gift me his gas fired smoker, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I've got I think a char-broil. it was $88 at the home depot. It burns shit just fine.
    "Can't you see..."

Weber Spirit 3 burner, and a Weber kettle drilled to fit a Party-Q for smoking.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I have a Webber kettle charcoal grill. Our gas grill bit the dust a while ago, haven't replaced it because the wife prefers charcoal.

Would love to have a smoker too, but don't want a cheap finicky one that has to be constantly tended to, and can't afford a nicer setup.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

BBQ Quiver Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have a Webber kettle charcoal grill. Our gas grill bit the dust a while ago, haven't replaced it because the wife prefers charcoal.

Would love to have a smoker too, but don't want a cheap finicky one that has to be constantly tended to, and can't afford a nicer setup.
    Partyq is 150. Smokenator (google it) is around 75. Step drill bit (for 1” hole in kettle) at Harbor Freight is about 10. Kick ass steady smoker set up

Here’s a pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1456.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	275253
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Quiver of one: Weber Spirit (I, definitely not a II) 3xx series. I had to hunt down the last one within 100 miles last spring. Fkna Ray. It rocks. Those grates are amazing. They are solid and hold and spread heat very well. I probably need to clean something as it's getting a few slightly hotter spots. I didn't do the white bread toast test however, I was very impressed the first time I covered it edge to edge in chicken thighs and they were all perfect. I really like having the tank underneath behind a stainless steel door. So sexy. The Spirit II line looks all plastic and crap.
    Exactly this, including the Spirit II line being the worst "update" ever. The II series probably cooks as well as the I series, but the aesthetics suck in comparison. Considering that you can easily spend $300-400 on a gas grill that completely sucks (not exaggerating, see the latest Cook's Illustrated gas grill test), the Spirit I E310 rocks the fucking house. I'd love to also have an Egg or one of the knock-offs, but just wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost.

I have had an Egg for a few years now. Only grill. Thinking about picking up a small gas grill for the ease of use. Only downside the the Bog Green Egg is the time it takes to get to temp. Sometimes it’s nice to fire up gas and get a quick cook.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I have had an Egg for a few years now. Only grill. Thinking about picking up a small gas grill for the ease of use. Only downside the the Bog Green Egg is the time it takes to get to temp. Sometimes it’s nice to fire up gas and get a quick cook.

If you have the space and can afford it, get an Egg.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Exactly this, including the Spirit II line being the worst "update" ever. The II series probably cooks as well as the I series, but the aesthetics suck in comparison. Considering that you can easily spend $300-400 on a gas grill that completely sucks (not exaggerating, see the latest Cook's Illustrated gas grill test), the Spirit I E310 rocks the fucking house. I'd love to also have an Egg or one of the knock-offs, but just wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost.
    I looked at the spirit I E310 last weekend. The display model had 3 broken parts on it, way too much plastic for the 30 mph winds at my house.

My backyard cooking quiver is complete... XL and L Big Green Egg, Camp Chef flat top and a BroilKing stainless 4 burner gas grill... I was set on getting a Weber, but after the redesign was less than impressed... After some research I kept on hearing great things about the BroilKing and could not be happier...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180513_171053.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	275257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170813_121946.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	275258

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Currently have one of those char-broil barrel charcoal grills with cast iron grates. Its way too big for 2 people but I inherited it for free. One of these days I'll build a smoke box for it.

Also have a cheap gas grill for when I'm in a hurry of lazy. When it dies I'd like to get a decent weber.

1) Weber Spirit, 3 burner....front to back. I love the flexibility it gives me, as I can offset cook with wood chunks on grate all the way to the left for smoke.
    2) 21" Weber Kettle. Be sure to get the grate with the sides that flip up, so you can access the offset-charcoal cooking box accessory. Much prefer cooking/smoking with hardwood lump coal.
    3) Brinkman cabinet smoker (don't use that one enough...as I've struggled with flame, temp, and smoke control).