Page 292 of 465 FirstFirst ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 11610
    Roads are dry in silverthorne

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Wait...didn't you move to Eagle or some shit? You're doing it wrong. You are supposed to wave the local flag and laugh at the front rangers while simultaneously vocalizing you displeasure with the ways of the mountains and proclaiming how much better it would be if it were city-fied.
    Ha... and then he moved back to the front range!

Front Rangers are soft as fuck. I'm glad though, it was fun as hell driving around Denver today. I was wipping, sliding and drifting around every turn on mostly empty roads today!

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    EageVail:
    They're saying EB is open ..
    WB still closed.

Multiple vehicle hazmat fatal. Dang.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/i-70-...snowy-tuesday/
    that sucks
    beco truck is the sumco mail man contractor guy rip

and whaa?? steve moved back to front range??
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    and whaa?? steve moved back to front range??
    Yep, moved back to Niwot. Building in Eagle was way too expensive, the wife wasn’t totally happy, and I travel enough to awesome places so that I get more than my fill of the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yep, moved back to Niwot. Building in Eagle was way too expensive, the wife wasn’t totally happy, and I travel enough to awesome places so that I get more than my fill of the mountains.
    What were you building? Residential or commercial?

similar story as barry that founded/started weston snowboards kinda went thru that but got the house built, lived in minturn, then sold/transferred weston to XXXXX and XXXXX (names removed to prevent doxxing)...and, then it was the wife's turn to pick location of their new home.....she picked ....San Diego (near).....so, niwot , not so bad, youre still in striking distance to...mtns, airport with cheap flights....etc
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What were you building? Residential or commercial?
    Residential. We had the land (in Eagle Ranch), but were lied to multiple times by contractors in the Vail Valley. My guess is that they're not used to people telling them no when they present unrealistic bids and lie about pricing and costs. All is good though, I'm perfectly happy living in Niwot and it gives us a reason to travel even more than before.

So how much per square foot were you being told?

I see houses get build for $150/sq. ft to over $400/sq. ft. Mostly is depends on design, finish schedule, whether the GC knows what they are doing, whether the homo can make decisions and under stand cost control and whether an asshole premium is changed. On some projects you just see thousands of dollars in labor wasted daily without anybody giving a shit.

I'd be interested in the details of Steve's experience.

Residential. We had the land (in Eagle Ranch), but were lied to multiple times by contractors in the Vail Valley. My guess is that they're not used to people telling them no when they present unrealistic bids and lie about pricing and costs. All is good though, I'm perfectly happy living in Niwot and it gives us a reason to travel even more than before.
    Eagle can be very clicky like a High School community for adults. The people there are def in a bubble and it's like new school vs. old school vs. really old school. Then there's this dumb way of thinking by some who live there that have an 'Up Valley vs. Down Valley' mentality (which is just nuts). Also, my belief is that many people who live in that area, who are in to the outdoors, just simply think that they are the best at their sport and everyone else is a gaper. This is probably because the typical Eagle Ranch family, for example, seems like a power couple who is competitive as fuck - in life, in line at City Market, at the round-about, on the bike trail and with their neighbors.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

That blows but yeah, Niwot’s great. I hear a lot of horror stories about high country contractors.

Eagle seems ok to me but if I decided to live up that way, I’d rather go over to Carbondale and have the Elks in my backyard.

That blows but yeah, Niwot’s great. I hear a lot of horror stories about high country contractors.

Eagle seems ok to me but if I decided to live up that way, I’d rather go over to Carbondale and have the Elks in my backyard.
    Eagle is better, IMO, for year-round living. If you're a big mountain biker, Eagle is the shit. The town trails BLOW away everything near Carbondale and then you have the rest of the trails in Eagle County. Skiing is arguable, but it's all proximity for that either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Eagle can be very clicky like a High School community for adults. The people there are def in a bubble and it's like new school vs. old school vs. really old school. Then there's this dumb way of thinking by some who live there that have an 'Up Valley vs. Down Valley' mentality (which is just nuts). Also, my belief is that many people who live in that area, who are in to the outdoors, just simply think that they are the best at their sport and everyone else is a gaper. This is probably because the typical Eagle Ranch family, for example, seems like a power couple who is competitive as fuck - in life, in line at City Market, at the round-about, on the bike trail and with their neighbors.
    As opposed to Boulder, where everyone is the best at EVERY sport.

That's a great take. A classic example of why a lot of awesome places ain't awesome to live because they are full of less that awesome people. What's the most chill middle class town in Eagle County, Minturn? Gypsum?

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    As opposed to Boulder, where everyone is the best at EVERY sport.
    They think they are until a kid from Durango, Aspen, Breckenridge kicks their asses without really trying...

This is hilarious. Later.

I need to look up that thread. I can't stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    similar story as barry that founded/started weston snowboards kinda went thru that but got the house built, lived in minturn, then sold/transferred weston to XXXXX and XXXXX (names removed to prevent doxxing)...and, then it was the wife's turn to pick location of their new home.....she picked ....San Diego (near).....so, niwot , not so bad, youre still in striking distance to...mtns, airport with cheap flights....etc
    He got more than a house built, and made a pretty penny on his exit.

But, you're right about the core: completely pussy whipped. He was flying back once a week because he loved it some much.

Well, even that got too much.

Waaaaphhhsshh.

You should go back and read the thread you posted about moving and what I said. You pretty much laughed at me. Now, you know, and you are in the place that you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    That's a great take. A classic example of why a lot of awesome places ain't awesome to live because they are full of less that awesome people. What's the most chill middle class town in Eagle County, Minturn? Gypsum?
    Wolcott/Burns/McCoy. Red Cliff. Dotsero.

Ultimately, Leadville, kicked out of Summit and Eagle.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    He got more than a house built, and made a pretty penny on his exit.

But, you're right about the core: completely pussy whipped. He was flying back once a week because he loved it some much.

Well, even that got too much.

Waaaaphhhsshh.
    Isn't Barry also the guy who made his money being the SPAM O.G. king of FAX machines???

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Isn't Barry also the guy who made his money being the SPAM O.G. king of FAX machines???
    Like Peter Knobel with 900 numbers? MMMMaybe.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You should go back and read the thread you posted about moving and what I said. You pretty much laughed at me. Now, you know, and you are in the place that you belong.
    Yep, sure am... we never felt at home in Eagle, and we decided that it wasn't for us not long after we moved. There are a lot of things about mountain living that people don't realize until they move, and then it's likely too late. Like someone else said, it's a different dynamic up there (not just in Eagle, but in general) and it's definitely not what we were looking for.

Back to the weather.

There are a lot of things about mountain living that people don't realize until they move, and then it's likely too late.
    Like what?

Like what?
    Yeah, care to expand on that? You've got a perspective that others would like to hear, myself included. For example, I'd make more money if I lived in Eagle County and there are better opportunities for my wife. I'd love to be a bit further west and closer to the desert but I just never have found anywhere in Eagle County that I connected with.