Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    How about having a mandatory 1,2, or 3 year sentence for anyone with knowledge that stays complicit with the wrongdoings? Don't have to send just one guy to the slammer for countless crimes, but make everyone involved that saw an email, a practice, or a memo regarding shady business as an accessory to the crime.
    Personal responsibility, so cold right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Shortened it for you.
    Yeah, whoever you really are, that has absolutely nothing to do with the point of this, but please continue with the crazy.
    [quote][//quote]

I took me 5 calls to them to get my monthly custom mortgage payment setup how I wanted it, and they messed up my escrow payment by not adding my adjacent lot to the payment resulting in threatening tax letters from the county.....they seriously suck all around

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Yeah, whoever you really are, that has absolutely nothing to do with the point of this, but please continue with the crazy.
    That was your point though, wasn't it? Did I miss something more interesting in the middle someplace? I promise I read the whole thing, I just didn't get anything but political apologism from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'll drop it when the family (which includes Chelsea and her hedge fund hubbie) refuse to take incredible speaking fees just to schmooze for a night, or, if fees are offered, contribute most of them beyond expenses to a charity besides their own. OK?

Conspiracy? Cmon. They, as a couple, have made over a hundred million (100 million!) dollars either doing speeches or "consulting" since they left the White House. 100 million! And that's not the foundation. That's IRS personal income, cash in the bank. Hell, that's more than 90% of overpaid CEOs out there, and CEOs have a job to do.
    You say 'conspiracy, c'mon' as if there is some evident conspiracy. Again, until there's any evidence whatsoever (beyond the possible bad appearance of this), I think it's best to drop it. People love making assumptions like this, and the media is playing it for all it's worth (as the R's have played the media with the Clintons since the 90's), but there's still no fire in all the supposed smoke.
    [quote][//quote]

That was your point though, wasn't it? Did I miss something more interesting in the middle someplace? I promise I read the whole thing, I just didn't get anything but political apologism from it.
    My point was my team is doing everything right? Please point out where I said anything of the sort.

Actually, since I said things should happen that haven't, I am making clear that no one is doing everything right. I was pointing out that some of the criticism are unfair and not based in reality.

Also, I don't know which team is mine (you mean D's?).
    [quote][//quote]

Has everyone forgotten HSBC already? Those fucks admitted to laundering billions of dollars for customers in Iran, Libya, Sudan, and Burma, plus ultra violent drug cartels in Mexico and Colombia, including the infamous Sinaloas. Not only did no one go to jail, HSBC was able to avoid pleading guilty to any wrongdoing. If DOJ wouldn't pursue jail sentences for that shit, no one is ever going to jail for financial crimes, period.

I was with Wells fargo for less than a week and then took everything out
    I get pd once a month at the end of the month and have all my bills pd automatically on like the 2nd or 3rd of the month- WF's policy was that the money was unavailable for several days and I had overdraft fees for all of my bills.
    Seems like that policy ought to be disclosed to hold several thousands of my dollars every month....
    I changed everything over to the local credit union and zero issues, excellent service- Credit unions rule

Andrew still has an acct with wells fargo and we don't really argue about anything except that it burns me that he still banks with them. He wanted to get a credit card and they made him give a deposit of $1000 for a $1000 limit (and the guy has decent credit albeit not a ton of credit at the time but we had a $400k mortgage which we had never been late on, he has been at the same job for like 8 or 9 yrs) when he got home and told me that I got him set up online with a credit card within like 10 minutes with a $5k limit and zero down, zero interest for 18 months and proved to him that they are total BS artists. So the next day he tries to cancel the order with WF and they held his $1k for 45 days before refunding.

Few things I hate more than wells fargo
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Has everyone forgotten HSBC already? Those fucks admitted to laundering billions of dollars for customers in Iran, Libya, Sudan, and Burma, plus ultra violent drug cartels in Mexico and Colombia, including the infamous Sinaloas. Not only did no one go to jail, HSBC was able to avoid pleading guilty to any wrongdoing. If DOJ wouldn't pursue jail sentences for that shit, no one is ever going to jail for financial crimes, period.
    Like Sandy Hook and gun control.

Poli in ...
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

You say 'conspiracy, c'mon' as if there is some evident conspiracy. Again, until there's any evidence whatsoever (beyond the possible bad appearance of this), I think it's best to drop it. People love making assumptions like this, and the media is playing it for all it's worth (as the R's have played the media with the Clintons since the 90's), but there's still no fire in all the supposed smoke.
    Oh, ok. Then I'll just have to conclude that that 100 million was in exhange for the Clintons vast knowledge and expertise in the many businesses they spoke to and "consulted". Or, maybe, because all those executives just loved to stop their busy days to be entertained by the Bill and Hill show. Right.

Oh, look at this. The NYT comes to the Clintons rescue, again.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/10...-campaign.html

What's important here is that only the foundation is talked about. I'm pretty sure the campaign wants this, because it deflects any attention from their massive personal wealth that I think is corrupt at its source. Plus, the foundation enhances his brand. "Sure, let's hire Bill for millions to help run our for profit college. He's cool. He does good things in Africa."

Wells Fargo Batshit Crazy Employees

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I was with Wells fargo for less than a week and then took everything out
    I get pd once a month at the end of the month and have all my bills pd automatically on like the 2nd or 3rd of the month- WF's policy was that the money was unavailable for several days and I had overdraft fees for all of my bills.
    Seems like that policy ought to be disclosed to hold several thousands of my dollars every month....
    I changed everything over to the local credit union and zero issues, excellent service- Credit unions rule

Andrew still has an acct with wells fargo and we don't really argue about anything except that it burns me that he still banks with them. He wanted to get a credit card and they made him give a deposit of $1000 for a $1000 limit (and the guy has decent credit albeit not a ton of credit at the time but we had a $400k mortgage which we had never been late on, he has been at the same job for like 8 or 9 yrs) when he got home and told me that I got him set up online with a credit card within like 10 minutes with a $5k limit and zero down, zero interest for 18 months and proved to him that they are total BS artists. So the next day he tries to cancel the order with WF and they held his $1k for 45 days before refunding.

Few things I hate more than wells fargo
    I had the same experience as Andrew years ago. Fuck that bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, ok. Then I'll just have to conclude that that 100 million was in exhange for the Clintons vast knowledge and expertise in the many businesses they spoke to and "consulted". Or, maybe, because all those executives just loved to stop their busy days to be entertained by the Bill and Hill show. Right.
    Or maybe it's because they're mega-celebrities who get paid like that regardless of audience--bank, other corporation, institute. Fuck, when Beyonce makes a private appearance for a GS gala you think she's netting $1mm for her 45 minutes because of her expertise in securities transactions?? They pay the Clintons in part because they are celebrities--and sure, they also know that they get to pitch whatever their position is to the Clintons. But to date no one has been able to point to a single decision made that resulted from any money changing hands, or even from any of these meetings. There's no secret promise being made at any of these appearances that's keeping GS guys out of jail--and if there had been, there's no way a secret like that would stay secret for very long. Clearly neither the Clintons nor bankers are very good at keeping their dirt out of the public eye.
    [quote][//quote]

Is Beyonce running for President now?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

18.5 mill for the D-team cheerleaders and the bootlickers just keep collecting stories to post on the internet. Man up bitches: find a credit union and put down the pom poms.
    I'm using them as a credit maximizer. But rethinking that

They funding the nodak pipeline where they using dogs to try and scare natives. Natives ain't scared of dogs
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    They don't have branches that I've seen. They a drug bank since the opium triangle

Drug money roolz
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Close friend of mine works for Wells. He confirmed that the 5300 fired were purely sacrificial lambs and all of their upper managers and directors who were fully aware of it cashed in big time and didn't even get a slap on the wrist. A lot of other employees who weren't involved are pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Close friend of mine works for Wells. He confirmed that the 5300 fired were purely sacrificial lambs and all of their upper managers and directors who were fully aware of it cashed in big time and didn't even get a slap on the wrist. A lot of other employees who weren't involved are pissed.
    of course they knew.....these firings went on for years. This didnt just happen yesterday.

Wells Fargo confirmed to CNNMoney that the 5,300 firings took place over several years. The bank listed 265,000 employees as of the end of 2015.

This all took place years ago. Fire a couple a year and keep doing the same shady shit...its simply crazy how this was allowed to go on for any amount of time and proves that big banks are crooked as hell.

Signs of the times!

I almost started a thread a few weeks ago about how horrible Wells Fargo employees are. When I go in to make a deposit/withdraw, I get asked a barrage of personal questions by some teller from Georgia or Alafuckingbama.

I seriously believe they hire the most aggravating people ever in an attempt to "train" us to use the ATM instead.

For some crazy reason, we've kept out accounts there- I'm just a painful creature of habit I guess. Tipping the scales a few weeks ago... when I deposited a check in the ATM (to avoid going inside)- the check got eaten by the ATM, and Wells Fargo couldn't/wouldn't credit our account for two+ weeks. We needed the money and lived in limbo while they figured it out. Then they had the brass to call us a half dozen times asking us to rate how "good" their service was. Crazy!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Signs of the times!

I almost started a thread a few weeks ago about how horrible Wells Fargo employees are. When I go in to make a deposit/withdraw, I get asked a barrage of personal questions by some teller from Georgia or Alafuckingbama.

I seriously believe they hire the most aggravating people ever in an attempt to "train" us to use the ATM instead.

For some crazy reason, we've kept out accounts there- I'm just a painful creature of habit I guess. Tipping the scales a few weeks ago... when I deposited a check in the ATM (to avoid going inside)- the check got eaten by the ATM, and Wells Fargo couldn't/wouldn't credit our account for two+ weeks. We needed the money and lived in limbo while they figured it out. Then they had the brass to call us a half dozen times asking us to rate how "good" their service was. Crazy!
    I too am a creature of habit so my money is in a big bank too. Easily as crooked as Wells I imagine. Chase... Its just such a fucking hassle to set all my bill pay and direct deposits up again I have been putting it off. Not smart, but im lazy as fuck.

Chase has been good for me though. I had my card skimmed i guess and got a text from them asking about weird charges..called them immediately and yes the charges were fraudulent. My money was literally back in my account within about an hour and if they had found the charges to be legit they wouuldve taken it back, but they made me whole super fast. Sounds like Wells isn't so easy in that respect. Who knew there was hard line sales at Bank branches? I don't go into them often so maybe im missing it. Whenever im asked to buy into something i ignore and walk away. Never had any odd questions from tellers regarding withdrawls, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post

Meridian Trust Federal Credit union- do it. They make everything easy so switching shouldn't be too troublesome...except for the hoops Wells will make you jump through to close your acct

went into MTFCU for a deposit the other day and they had hot dogs and cookies for us
    skid luxury

Or maybe it's because they're mega-celebrities who get paid like that regardless of audience--bank, other corporation, institute. Fuck, when Beyonce makes a private appearance for a GS gala you think she's netting $1mm for her 45 minutes because of her expertise in securities transactions?? They pay the Clintons in part because they are celebrities--and sure, they also know that they get to pitch whatever their position is to the Clintons. But to date no one has been able to point to a single decision made that resulted from any money changing hands, or even from any of these meetings. There's no secret promise being made at any of these appearances that's keeping GS guys out of jail--and if there had been, there's no way a secret like that would stay secret for very long. Clearly neither the Clintons nor bankers are very good at keeping their dirt out of the public eye.
    Dude, Beyonce has talent. Not my thing, but, she performs for that coin. Probably brings a big band, too, along with those girls dancing in the back. What does Hillary bring? The future. A nice, safe, compliant future.

Trump has said it. Look what's going on in Florida right now. I pay, they play. Legal action against his sham Trump U was dropped just a week or two after he "contrubuted" to Bondi's campaign. Betcha he's done that hundreds of times in his life to build his towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is Beyonce running for President now?
    Bet she knows Aleppo.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

BofA-holes is no better and in some ways worse. Chase still sends me mail for accounts I closed five years ago (so they don't have to dump my personal info from their files?) None of the three CU's I've used have ever been anything but great.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I too am a creature of habit so my money is in a big bank too. Easily as crooked as Wells I imagine. Chase... Its just such a fucking hassle to set all my bill pay and direct deposits up again I have been putting it off. Not smart, but im lazy as fuck.

Chase has been good for me though. I had my card skimmed i guess and got a text from them asking about weird charges..called them immediately and yes the charges were fraudulent. My money was literally back in my account within about an hour and if they had found the charges to be legit they wouuldve taken it back, but they made me whole super fast. Sounds like Wells isn't so easy in that respect. Who knew there was hard line sales at Bank branches? I don't go into them often so maybe im missing it. Whenever im asked to buy into something i ignore and walk away. Never had any odd questions from tellers regarding withdrawls, etc.

You do know that it's been the law for a few decades that consumers are not liable for fraudulent credit cards charges, right? I know the banks want to spin that as PR, but, they have to.