Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Stoked its not on Mothers Day. Stoked my new ACL is all better. All that remains is convincing Mrs Ridgehippy that enjoying the company of Maggots, Yoda, and sheep while relaxing at the Beach truly is the ultimate romantic anniversary weekend.

BSS Guest
    I'll be there with two friends in tow, camped at the spot I pointed you guys to last year. I like that spot. Is this what you guys are now calling FKNA v2? You know, just for clarification and all.

Who needs a BAF invite? I should have three left.

I could use a BAF invite, or two, or more.

I want to ski in bounds Thursday and Saturday. Does that take one or two BAF? Tour on Friday and Sunday. May also have some friends in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bag O' Donuts View Post
    nobody fucks with the Jesus!!

Walter ain't coming. She has other plans. But I may be able to dig up the Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    Who needs a BAF invite? I should have three left.
    i do i do

I've got plenty of BAF invites left, so no worries.

Looks like my knee will be good to go by then, but still taking it day by day.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by asandygal View Post
    Hey all... check out this "2 for the price of 1" day special! Good any day starting mid-April!

http://www.mammothmountain.com/stayhealthyplayhooky
    Wow. That didn't last very long....

i have a 5 baf invites for those that need

Unfortunately, I'm out for the mini -- have to be out of town Thurs-Fri for work, getting back late on Fri, and I don't really want to pack up and leave town immediately for the drive to Mammoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I don't think the ON3P guys will be able to make it, but we've been asked by MTT if it was possible to send some demo skis out there, so we would like to see that happen.

Anything in particular that anyone would like to ski? Pretty much have everything mounted with demos right now, those going to pull the bindings off the pow skis pretty soon here. Isn't super cheap shipping skis + bindings, so can't send everything, but definitely down to send a few pairs out.

Figured right now definitely 181cm wrenegades, 181cm caylors, 181cm jeronimos. Maybe 191cm wrens, those our demo pair got unfortunately swiss cheesed by two different techs not paying attention :/...anyway, post up here if you are going and there is anything specific you want to ski!
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I don't think the ON3P guys will be able to make it, but we've been asked by MTT if it was possible to send some demo skis out there, so we would like to see that happen.

Anything in particular that anyone would like to ski? Pretty much have everything mounted with demos right now, those going to pull the bindings off the pow skis pretty soon here. Isn't super cheap shipping skis + bindings, so can't send everything, but definitely down to send a few pairs out.

Figured right now definitely 181cm wrenegades, 181cm caylors, 181cm jeronimos. Maybe 191cm wrens, those our demo pair got unfortunately swiss cheesed by two different techs not paying attention :/...anyway, post up here if you are going and there is anything specific you want to ski!
    Yea make a pair of the New Vic ? You are talking about and sent it on down (Half kidding)
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Anything in particular that anyone would like to ski?
    !
    191 Caylors, 186 BillyGoats ?

Loving the 191 Wren.

please bring the magic
    I shall roast the pig.
    surviving in the city, powered by wellbutrin

seeing that I'll most likely still be unemployed in May I'd love to make the trip back to mammoth for this. I have never been to a "mini" before do we have any sort of "know before you go" thread or is pretty much bring skis, booze and camping gear and just send it?
    Carry on my wayward son...

Quote Originally Posted by huckster989 View Post
    I have never been to a "mini" before do we have any sort of "know before you go" thread or is pretty much bring skis, booze and camping gear and just send it?

yes, exactly

Quote Originally Posted by huckster989 View Post
    seeing that I'll most likely still be unemployed in May I'd love to make the trip back to mammoth for this. I have never been to a "mini" before do we have any sort of "know before you go" thread or is pretty much bring skis, booze and camping gear and just send it?
    Pretty much just follow this thread. At some point YC or somebody will post a "who's going" post, but it is just who ever shows up shows up. The most important thing is to find where Fort FKNA will be for camping. It tends to move around depending on snow, and to stay one step ahead of the law. I think they are still looking for MTT after he moved that big ass log.

Also watch for potential carpool info.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Fort FKNA doesn't move to stay ahead of Johnny Law. It is totally legal and free to camp on the BLM land along the Scenic Loop Rd. (which, by the way is neither a loop nor particularly scenic). If we're going to have a campfire, one of us needs to stop at a Ranger Station and get a fire permit (which I think is free too).

It just moves around because everyone has their own idea of where it should be. This year, first one there needs to make a good "FKNA" sign. Also, there are sometimes alternate sites near the main FKNA for those who bring kids and don't want them camped right in FKNA - sometimes there's late night festivities that aren't kid appropriate and are after kid bedtime.

Huckster, bringing camping gear is a good idea, but you can probably get away without bringing too much. There's usually room in other maggots' tents and local car campers bring food prep stuff. A sleeping bag and pad will probably suffice. And if the airlines are going to rape you for $$ to bring a sleeping bag/pad, I'm sure one of us could scare up a spare as long as you let us know in advance.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    If we're going to have a campfire, one of us needs to stop at a Ranger Station and get a fire permit (which I think is free too).
    Campfire permits are free.

They're also available online -- print one and bring it:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/pass...ire-index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The "Johnny Law" comment was a joke. We had a run in one year with a ranger that tried to be hard assed, but knew there was nothing he could do.

It was rather funny actually.

iscariot

I would like to try the:
    191cm Caylor
    191 wrenegade
    191cm Cease and Desist ( for the big late May powder day )

Isn't super cheap shipping skis + bindings, so can't send everything, but definitely down to send a few pairs out.
    If you are able to send down some demo sticks I'm planning on driving to Seattle from the southern California area around the start of June so if you need help I could toss them in the roof rack for the trip up and swing by the shop and return them on my way through Portland, only downside is that they will have some bugs stuck to them from traveling in June on a roof.

As for the scenic loop the reason is is neither scenic nor a loop is because it is in fact an escape route. after all the geological activity back in the day they realized that if something happens (major earth quake / eruption) there is 1 road out of mammoth so the scenic loop was put in. I thought that was pretty damn funny when I learned that
    Carry on my wayward son...

^ even more funny when you consider that this escape route drives below "Earthquake Dome" and next to "Inyo Chain of Craters"

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    ^ even more funny when you consider that this escape route drives below "Earthquake Dome" and next to "Inyo Chain of Craters"
    Almost as funny that the entire area is honycombed with dirt roads that would give people many options to get out of the area but the FS has dropped logs and rock across most of them. Forcing Off Road traffic around the obsticals causing more visable change the landscape
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

busted hand should be ready just in time for the mini...

BSS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    busted hand should be ready just in time for the mini...
    Busted hand? Dude I skied with a busted foot at the 07 mini.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Beard is getting longer for the Dude role, when dates get closer I will pull out a list of who is gonna be who...but we still need to organize the naked hot-tubbing event, though. Need plenty of lady entrants...

peace,
    D.
    "There's a truth that sanity denies...." --Sprung Monkey