Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    I would also like to order a pair, especially if you could post them to Canada before end of July?

not gona buy one but my take is that paint or ano is another step, also it can wear or scratch off while raw aluminum will always look like raw aluminum and it goes with everything, but carry on
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-07-2021 at 11:54 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by DBLux View Post
    I would also like to order a pair, especially if you could post them to Canada before end of July?
    Should be doable

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I’ve also tried to get wildsnow interested given their audience and influence but zero response.
    Nils, I heard about this thread from your comment on WS

Very interested in a set of these!

Hi folks — ok with summer travel schedules things got delayed but we now have V3 prototypes. Very similar to V2, slightly streamlined. We will test them soon before the next mfg run (might make a big batch, 100 or so). Ideally sell them via a website order form.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5A0BAD7-4283-4DA5-A952-918E4C7EA529.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	738.3 KB 
ID:	379564

I will buy two sets. Let me know how to proceed.

I would buy 2 sets, when available.
    Thanks for your work in the midst of busyness.
    I am happy to pay premium for ingenuity and production. When able let us know how to purchase.

Met again with the Director of Mfg and we came up with a refined design that I hope to test on my boots soon.

I'll admit I reserved my v2.0 pair in anticipation of getting the F1 LTs this year. I just did, and these are great. Can't even see what refinements you made that you are going to test!

These also make getting the boot on and off way more convenient.

Can I order some of these from you?

I've been skiing Scarpa F1's for 4 years and would love to have a pair of these!
    it would make life so much easier, not to mention my velcro is pretty shot.
    Is it possible to place an order for some?
    Thanks,
    Stuart

Thx everyone for the PMs, looks like a lot of you want to get a set. My mfg friend is back in town (it’s been a weird summer in tahoe as you know) and is working on the v3 prototype now in preparation for a big mfg run. I’ll keep you updated via this thread.

I am late to this thread, but would like to get a set as well.

I always just lived with the annoyance of the buckle as is and wondered why Scarpa didn't come up with something better. I am glad to see thoughtful mags don't just accept status quo and invent real world solutions.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Sounds good Fro, I’m in for two sets. Buddy of mine wants a set even though he’s never heard of them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I just got a new pair of F1 LT's after using Roxa boots for a couple seasons. The Roxa didn't have quite enough lever throw for the mod to work properly, but it works perfect on the Scarpa! Thanks to all involved.

These are a total game changer for the F1 LT. Transitions are so much faster (I imagine - I've never done it without the strapoff). After just a few tours, getting the quick release back into the buckle is a breeze.

BTW, my experience transitioning with these on the F1 LT:

The easiest way to go from ski to walk is to have the boot tight in ski mode and then to flick the buckle off as your first transition move while everything is under tension. Just flick the buckle forward - you want the extra dynamism from the flick versus like actually "unbuckling" the QR, which will make it harder to get off. It's like sending a rubber band at your sister vs. slowly releasing it when mom sees you.

To go from walk to ski mode, I lock the walk mode into ski and find that that alone is enough tension to make it easy to get the QR in (at least where I have the velcro set, which has been skiing well for me). Someone above has said to lock the powerstrap first, but I found that that didn't work as well, and it left the powerstrap loose at the end, requiring another step to tighten it.

On casual tours, both steps take like 5s. So freaking easy. Made a vid because I'm the worst employee in the world: https://streamable.com/e1gqve.

Another nice thing is that w/ the strapoff QRs, transitions are fast enough that the powerstrap is totally usable. I think if I were transitioning like normal (revelcroing), I might take the powerstrap off just to save time.
    Last edited by CirqueScaler; 10-29-2021 at 09:20 AM.

I'd like to be added to the list for the next run please.

I'm down for a pair.

Any thoughts on reducing tab protrusion while increasing tab thickness (to increase the slot depth & retention), like this? Or would that require using thicker angle and be a pain in the ass?

Name:  strapoff2.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  166.1 KB
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 10-30-2021 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Made a vid because I'm the worst employee in the world: https://streamable.com/e1gqve
    Neat, I think I want a pair. Have a friend who will probably want some too when I show him this thread.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

The version 3 we designed includes less tab protrusion. And some other tweaks. I’ll post pics when I have the protos.

Metoo
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

interested in 2 sets ver. 3!

Just picked up some F1 LTs and interested in a set!

are you accumulating pre-orders via pm, or is a metoo post here enough? I want a set, don’t want to unnecessarily clog your pms

The plan is to make a batch of 100 pairs (think I mentioned that?) and ideally just have an online purchase site set up. So yeah no need to PM me…clearly there’s a lot of interest.

Pretty much any AT boot with a Velcro strap / buckle similar in width will benefit from this simple mod.

Ideally Scarpa would respond to my email offer & mfger it as an accessory. Maybe if all of you bombard them with emails and ph calls.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Ideally Scarpa would respond to my email offer & mfger it as an accessory. Maybe if all of you bombard them with emails and ph calls.
    Patent it and license it to ski boot manufacturers.