Page 270 of 929 FirstFirst ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 23206

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Great (long) thread on booster shots, breakthrough cases and efficacy against variants: https://twitter.com/celinegounder/st...223843333?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I suppose the good news is most states have several months to figure it out. Also, several southern states are leading, so everyone else ought to have good warning if it gets bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The trajectory is concerning
    This Lambda variant is concerning. When we get to the Zulu variant and the Zombie apocalypse is in full swing, we will all look back on how great things were when were only at the Lambda variant.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I'm not saying we should shutdown. I'm saying the current trajectory means the hospitals will fill, and the shutdown will follow.
    In some places, yes. I'm just hoping places with high vaccination percentages will avoid this because both their rates of infections and hospitalizations should be greatly depressed compared to last year.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    In some places, yes. I'm just hoping places with high vaccination percentages will avoid this because both their rates of infections and hospitalizations should be greatly depressed compared to last year.
    Just thinking of things like the crowds recently at sporting events makes me think the vaccines are working pretty well. If we took a similar approach last summer I suspect the spike in cases would have been much greater, for example. I know you weren't saying last summer is the same as this summer but wanted to point out that it's a much different situation these days.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    This Lambda variant is concerning. When we get to the Zulu variant and the Zombie apocalypse is in full swing, we will all look back on how great things were when were only at the Lambda variant.
    You Mus sure know how to party.

Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Just thinking of things like the crowds recently at sporting events makes me think the vaccines are working pretty well. If we took a similar approach last summer I suspect the spike in cases would have been much greater, for example. I know you weren't saying last summer is the same as this summer but wanted to point out that it's a much different situation these days.
    Correct. The vaccine was the game changer. Every adult has now had ample time to get vaccinated and the vaccinated population of this country should no longer be held hostage by those who refuse to get vaccinated.

The high profile vaxed “superspreader” events in Washington DC are pretty interesting.

Correct. The vaccine was the game changer. Every adult has now had ample time to get vaccinated and the vaccinated population of this country should no longer be held hostage by those who refuse to get vaccinated.
    Don’t forget the ~19% of the population that can’t get vaxed (kids) or are immunosuppressed.

Name:  60953EEA-AC98-485D-B03B-5EA74A8A4125.png
Views: 634
Size:  201.9 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The country has literally been held hostage by people who are overweight, have health issues, and the elderly for literally the last year and a half…

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    The country has literally been held hostage by people who are overweight, have health issues, and the elderly for literally the last year and a half…
    I have a friend who died from Covid who was none of those things, so kindly fuck off.

I have a friend who died from Covid who was none of those things, so kindly fuck off.
    Sorry for your loss. I’ve lost a friend to the yearly influenza due to complications with pneumonia. Shit happens. It’s life man. You’re not going to protect everyone from everything. Let people live their life lol

So, does everyone who could get a vax, chooses not to, then dies of Covid automatically get a spot in the Darwin hall of fame?

I'm sure he's joking, nobody's that stupid

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    You Mus sure know how to party.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    Nah, more like idiots who don't want to listen. If people could be relied on with stuff like mask mandates, vaccination and other shit, spread wouldn't be so high and we'd be facing a lot less risk at present.

Agree, however we need a practical way to differentiate vaxed from non-vaxed. Pretty sure I've been lied to numerous times.

They should put microchips in the vaccine that broadcast a small signal that can be read by others with a microchip, and get an either red or green light in the implanted visual aid to appear above the head of the people in field of view. Green? Good to fuck, red stay away.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

mix the vax in with the tattoo ink
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	170E6B62-CC40-4C2F-A8AA-F2C33A44B7D5.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	683.5 KB 
ID:	380081
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    CDC is a weighty source for disease-related information but it is not a be-all, end-all.
    I agree. The CDC is generally a well-respected scientific organization, but their duty is to contain this disease, not to be a clearing house for virus research.

And the fuck is with all this mask and CDC heated debating the past 2 or 3 pages? When the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines came out, CDC recommended the vaccinated continue to wear masks. Because of this, they got a lot of heat for deincentivizing vaccination. Then they changed their guidelines to permit the vaccinated to go maskless in nearly all situations. I think this was the right call, and probably what they should've gone with once the data for the mRNA vaccines was released, because of how awesome the vaccines are. They provide so much greater protection to the individual compared to masking and social distancing, and are the only way this pandemic ends at a public health level. Although, masking indoors still makes sense for those with comorbidities, even if vaccinated; although it's probably belt and suspenders.

Now more than ever before, "my mask is to protect you (unvaxed)" is the truth.
    Last edited by CS2-6; 07-21-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Rand Paul, and both ron johnson and Ron Johnson for that matter, need to be force fed their own large intestines.
    As time goes on, you can sympathize with Rand Paul's neighbor doing that body slam more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I don't usually watch ABC but caught it last night and I will say they were in hyper overdrive with all the Covid resurgence stuff. Neither CBS or NBC carried the same coverage - they were much more subdued. Maybe just switch off ABC. PBS is a nice alternative to all three.
    Fear is money in the media world.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    As time goes on, you can sympathize with Rand Paul's neighbor doing that body slam more and more.
    Srsly. That guy is a fucking douchebag of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Agree, however we need a practical way to differentiate vaxed from non-vaxed. Pretty sure I've been lied to numerous times.
    There is a built in "practical way" to differentiate. The vaxxed don't die. Or wind up in the ICU with tubes in their throat. Good enough for me.