Page 3 of 272 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Being excluded from a family vacation is different than having some alone time. ,
    Only in your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIORFORGETIT View Post
    Also, what do you think of your wife that ALWAYS causes trouble with your family, but never hers? What does that say about a person?
    My wife is great, but I have a friend who's wife is like this. I do not understand it...it's as if she enjoys the conflict with her in-laws and resulting alienation of her husband from them. It's bizzarro...you at least are a step ahead of him, in that you realize that she's doing this...the guy know is so whipped that he just goes with it...sad to watch.

Also, I've never been on a cruise and while it might suck to be with your in-laws for that amount of time, and thus being excluded may seem like a blessing, the time missed with your son is something that I'd be upset about too. Plus, she sounds like the type of person that might actively try to make your son hate you if you're not around to keep that shit from happening. Anyhow, vibes man...sounds awful.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    See you at the airport that day too!
    Not if I see you first....

Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Uh, I would be jumping for joy not having to go on a cruise. As far as everything else, what helped me was just realizing it was over and moving on. Being bitter and resentful only harms you and your kid. You would be amazed how well you'll feel if you are the "adult" in this situation. As far as financial matters go, I would rather be happy and poor that miserable. This was another hurdle, if you truly don't want to be with this person for the rest of your life money shouldn't matter.
    I don't care where I am right now. The fact is I am not on vacation with my son. We could be watching Sesame Street, but if I am doing it with my son then nothing else matters.

I am being the adult in this situation.

I might sound bitter. You have every right to say that, but there's way more history between my wife and I that you are unaware of.

Ok, I sound like a dick, but just in a really bad spot here.
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    My cooling off period worked for my wife and I. No kids and finances were separate. She stayed in the house and I rented a room from a friend. Neither of us dated either. Might sound strange but we are both rather conservative in that respect. Probably was the thing that let us come back together though. No baggage from rebound dating. SKIORFORGETIT, go treat yourself to something nice. Time to be a little selfish. Wishing you some peace tonight.
    got it

thank you, trying for some inner peace. Haven't had inner peace in about 6 years.

I treated myself to a new ski outfit from Peak Performance. PUMPED!! Also, did some shopping today for myself and for my son.

I miss my son like no other right now.

I will also say that I am really hurting inside that I am not with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    See you at the airport that day too!

Edit, cruises suck. that dude's wife sucks worse. If you need anything, call us here in Colorado, I have a place in Silverthorne you can stay at if you need it! Ski and bang college girls ( who are the naughty neighbors everyone dreams about)...win win

thank you for the offer

I tried looking for flights the other day to go skiing out West but flights are insane
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    My wife is great, but I have a friend who's wife is like this. I do not understand it...it's as if she enjoys the conflict with her in-laws and resulting alienation of her husband from them. It's bizzarro...you at least are a step ahead of him, in that you realize that she's doing this...the guy know is so whipped that he just goes with it...sad to watch.

Also, I've never been on a cruise and while it might suck to be with your in-laws for that amount of time, and thus being excluded may seem like a blessing, the time missed with your son is something that I'd be upset about too. Plus, she sounds like the type of person that might actively try to make your son hate you if you're not around to keep that shit from happening. Anyhow, vibes man...sounds awful.
    thank you, greatly appreciate it

I will tell you this, my wife's family pretends to be so close knit, but that's only if you come visit them. They never come in to see us or our son. I think my wife hates that our son is so close with my parent's, who come in to visit us. Keep in mind her parent's live only 35 min drive from where we live. My wife has abandonment issues from when she was younger from her first dad.

I am not saying I am better than your friend, but he should wake up. And I do feel bad for him cause what he's going through sucks. Nothing less. It sucks.

I would feel bad for my son if my wife or any of her family members say anything bad about me. Anyways, I would find out when he gets back on Tuesday. Keep in mind he is 3 1/2 so he has no idea what "don't say anything to daddy" means. He tells me stuff all the time, even good stuff, that my wife doesn't tell me.

I wish somebody around nyc wants to drive and share a room near Sugarloaf. I could kick in for gas money and extras.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Not if I see you first....

I had to laugh.....
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

As far as everything else, what helped me was just realizing it was over and moving on. Being bitter and resentful only harms you and your kid. You would be amazed how well you'll feel if you are the "adult" in this situation. As far as financial matters go, I would rather be happy and poor that miserable. This was another hurdle, if you truly don't want to be with this person for the rest of your life money shouldn't matter.
    This one thousand times over.

I'm certainly having a hard time being the adult but dwelling on things you can't change provides no comfort. You can work on what you did to arrive at the point where divorce was the solution but beating yourself up gets you nowhere. You can make sure your self-aware so you don't make the same mistakes in the future. The focus should be shifted to the important things in your life like taking care of yourself and your kid(s). Talking to a counselor has helped me immensely and I recommend it.

I also roll with a solid "thank you for your input" when people (ex-wife included) offer up suggestions about my life.

Thanks to all for the support I've received here. That means the most of all.

thank you, greatly appreciate it

I wish somebody around nyc wants to drive and share a room near Sugarloaf. I could kick in for gas money and extras.
    If you want to come up and go for a mt bike ride with me and my daughter you are welcome to join us. We may ride tomorrow if the fog breaks and Friday looks like we almost certainly will. While I'm still unemployed I am free to ride when they're back in school next week too. A few hours in the woods can only help to clear the head...

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    This one thousand times over.

I'm certainly having a hard time being the adult but dwelling on things you can't change provides no comfort. You can work on what you did to arrive at the point where divorce was the solution but beating yourself up gets you nowhere. You can make sure your self-aware so you don't make the same mistakes in the future. The focus should be shifted to the important things in your life like taking care of yourself and your kid(s). Talking to a counselor has helped me immensely and I recommend it.

I also roll with a solid "thank you for your input" when people (ex-wife included) offer up suggestions about my life.

Thanks to all for the support I've received here. That means the most of all.
    hope you're doing ok

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    If you want to come up and go for a mt bike ride with me and my daughter you are welcome to join us. We may ride tomorrow if the fog breaks and Friday looks like we almost certainly will. While I'm still unemployed I am free to ride when they're back in school next week too. A few hours in the woods can only help to clear the head...
    greatly appreciate the offer

I don't MTB

If no skiing this weekend, I might head to a friend's house out of the city.

I have to say it again, it feels good typing this stuff.

Just because you haven't before doesn't mean you can't. If you're 5'8" or under I have a bike you can use. Like I said, time spent in the woods is good for the head...

I don't care where I am right now. The fact is I am not on vacation with my son. We could be watching Sesame Street, but if I am doing it with my son then nothing else matters.

I am being the adult in this situation.

I might sound bitter. You have every right to say that, but there's way more history between my wife and I that you are unaware of.

Ok, I sound like a dick, but just in a really bad spot here.
    Hey, I've been there too, I'm just trying to provide some perspective. If it's over then let it go, it doesn't matter what the history is. The shit my ex and I went through and said to each other was horrible but once I accepted that it was over I wasn't angry or sad anymore. It will get better, it's just like the grieving process.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Just because you haven't before doesn't mean you can't. If you're 5'8" or under I have a bike you can use. Like I said, time spent in the woods is good for the head...
    SOFI--if you take him up on the offer make sure you still have health insurance after the divorce

The only way to win the drama game is to not play.

Wimens who do this are often psychopaths or a very least sociopath/narcissistic.

Bee good to yoself.
    watch out for snakes

Typing thoughts out helped me too. I belonged to another local ski forum with a off topic section that had not been posted in for over a year. I started blogging what was going on with me and a few people found it. Made me realize that I am not alone in this world and alot of people have traveled this road before. Probably the best therapy I could receive when feeling down. If you start feeling shitty just post up We are all out here BTW Wishing you a nice New Years Eve.

If it's over then let it go, it doesn't matter what the history is.
    Exactly.

And second, jumping for fucking joy about not going on a cruise. No wife, no kids, puking snow all over the country...
    I live in a town where up to 5 cruises arrive per day in the summer. The way they lather passengers in Purell at every passing, I'm 95% sure it's a giant norovirus shitsoup festival. Count your blessings.

cj - I'm just now checking out this thread and all I got is the already mentioned "let it go/move on asap" but I'm sorry to hear about it. Vibes, man. Give yourself a year to be a little nuts, and work hard to keep good with the kiddos.

happy & healthy new year

I went out drinking last night. As I had mentioned, I rarely drink.

Felt good to throw back some beers and get lap dances.

^ nice... strippers are awesome. thank god for all those shitty fathers!
    Hugh Conway sucks

^ nice... strippers are awesome. thank god for all those shitty fathers!
    if you look deep enough into a strippers eye, you can see her dad walking out of her life

wife & son come home tomorrow for vacation

very excited to see my son

A few days ago I almost posted in here that it looked like I was heading back down the road to divorce again, almost got there a couple years back but stopped right at the edge....well now all of a sudden a few days later she's all lovey dovey again and I don't even know wtf changed. Bitches be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Bitches be crazy.
    Yep, every now and then my girl goes off on me and tells me to move out. About 2 months ago I told her if she ever did that again, I would leave her. Pretty damn nice to me since then. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.