Page 455 of 821 FirstFirst ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 20518
    Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    ^^huh? if it's fog it already condensated, no?
    Oh shuttup...

How is high is the snowline on the north side of the alpine ridge,ia, zerm-eng-st.anton-inns? Or have everyone switched to summermode allread!!?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

since there is no precipitation here, the snowline does not matter atm. we have lots of wind though. snow quality sucks, as does the general weather. stuff might improve sunday/monday, or not. ill be at work till then.
    there was a bit of new snow at the weekend further east (e.g.dachstein) dunno how the situation is there now...

freak~[&]

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    since there is no precipitation here, the snowline does not matter atm. we have lots of wind though. snow quality sucks, as does the general weather. stuff might improve sunday/monday, or not. ill be at work till then.
    there was a bit of new snow at the weekend further east (e.g.dachstein) dunno how the situation is there now...

freak~[&]
    ok. was thinking to drive to saas/zerm but it seems that the aosta valley now has gotten the best of it. some 25cm up high at midday and continues to snow so tomorrow hopefully
    something tomorrow... viz was 0 though..

amazing. 25cm on pure rocks. WOUW.

you sound desperate...lea, you as well. did u ever consider drinking as an option? i think it's time to do so.

I'm going to be in Engelberg Fri. thru Monday. Anybody around? it would be great to meet up with some other mags.

Send me a pm if you want to meet up. Looks like there is some snow coming!!!!
    Skiah for life

I've switched to climbing. Might go on a few more tours if the weather looks appropriate, but I'm breaking out the trad gear.

Been in bike mode for the better part of 3 weeks now if that means anything..... planning for next winter earrrly this time.....

It's always snowing somewhere. West coast of norway, yesterday

What's up with the complaining??

The swiss alps have provided some great touring conditions the last few weeks.
    Not pow, but good spring conditions.

Big lines have been ridden. For example lot's of people might be looking at this mighty mountain (Bristen) standing in the traffic jam going up to the Gotthard tunnel at the moment (if there would be no clouds)

My buddy Dani crushed last Saturday this face (just 2300 vertical meters). Some pics here:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/danski8...erMakesItReal#

Nice shot from his album:

I did the Hausstock in the Glarnerland last Saturday (just the moderate SE face, not NE face though). Some pics might follow later.
    Corn conditions were great.

Now we are getting a nice fresh up. Too bad that did not come a bit earlier in the week, so you could actually head to the mountains with better visibility over Eastern. But life is still good.
    Last edited by IridePow; 04-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IridePow View Post
    Now we are getting a nice fresh up. Too bad that did not come a bit earlier in the week, so you could actually head to the mountains with better visibility over Eastern. But life is still good.
    A very pleasant dump came at our end last night, there was a good foot and a half at the top of the Grand Montets, (3200m) but that turned into 6 inches of slush at around 2400m, and rain at 2000m. If I can see, tomorrow morning will include a trip up the Midi. I'll take a camera tomorrow.

25-40cm in monte rosa. Good riding in the morning but in the afternoon things turned to glop and things started to slide. Horrible glue in the afternoon...
    Clouds made isotherme 0 go up to 3500m or something. Interesting to see how things shape up for tomorrow... If more snow: good. If it clears up & dries snow: good.

Iride, that second shot is so sick! Im inspired, Im also landing in Munich late April, yeehaaw!

Quote Originally Posted by IridePow View Post
    What's up with the complaining??

The swiss alps have provided some great touring conditions the last few weeks.
    Not pow, but good spring conditions.
    last weeks =/= now

im btw not complaining for once, just stating the conditions as they are.

freak~[&]

A few pics from last Saturday on the Hausstock (3158 m) in the Glarnerland.
    It was a nice spring tour. The minimal new snow (2 cm?) smoothed out the slopes nicely and provided a velvet carpet down to the valley.
    In the meantime conditions probably changed with some fresh snow higher up.
    Might check it out on Monday if weather allows.

Hausstock SE Face

Dave skiing on the more moderate slopes (a few hundred m below the summit) before getting on the flat part towards Panixer pass.

The not so nice part on spring tours.

Look back around 1650 m. To the right the Chalchhorn couloir. In the middle the way to the Panixer pass.

The NE Face of the Hausstock. A few people rode it that day.

Anyone know where the snow line is? Planning on hitting Engelberg Monday regardless, but would be nice to know for appropriate quiver selection.
    Life is all about ass...either you are covering it,
    kicking it, hauling it, kissing it, or trying to get it.

nothing good snow-wise to report. mank at 3000m.

but we did get to see this pretty rare sight, well over a 2m wingspan:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bearded_Vulture

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Good sighting, its an incredibly impressive bird. I got eaten by one once. I was bivvying under the summit of Mont Buet about two years ago, and had just eaten two roast chicken legs for dinner. The bones were thrown over my shoulder, as I fully expected them to be enjoyed by some kind of carrion feeder, just not quite so soon. I had just closed my eyes when I heard a noise like a helicopter landing next to me, so I ripped back the cover to my bivvy bag and saw one and a half metres of vulture staring down at me, hurriedly launching into flight and shocked that his projected dinner was still alive.

Very cool bird, largest and rarest bird of prey in Europe.

Petit Combin heli

Grand Combin from Petit Combin

Freshies on the glacier

Heading down to the Corbassiere glacier

Great scenery

sweet vulture sighting, make the vulture people happy and let them know

http://bartgeier.ch/meldung

sweet combin pics too.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Hmmmm, well I feel like somewhat a retard for asking myself if I should go ski right now, as its snowing out my window at 500m this morning, but the wind is blowing pretty hard down here.
    I feel quite blasphemous for even questioning it in my mind, but I have this feeling that when I get up to Klosters, its going to be 50-60kph winds and a full on white out blizzard.... and its quite possibly the last "pow" day of the season.... Ugh, is there something wrong with me mags? Please by all means, call me a retard if I am, I think a virtual bitch slap may be in order....

Hugh Conway Guest
    Daamn, cool sighting and nice pictures Ripz.

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Grand Combin from Petit Combin
    mesmerizing scenery. cool shots bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Hmmmm, well I feel like somewhat a retard for asking myself if I should go ski right now, as its snowing out my window at 500m this morning, but the wind is blowing pretty hard down here.
    I feel quite blasphemous for even questioning it in my mind, but I have this feeling that when I get up to Klosters, its going to be 50-60kph winds and a full on white out blizzard.... and its quite possibly the last "pow" day of the season.... Ugh, is there something wrong with me mags? Please by all means, call me a retard if I am, I think a virtual bitch slap may be in order....
    So did you go or were you a retard?
    Life is all about ass...either you are covering it,
    kicking it, hauling it, kissing it, or trying to get it.

30cm in st Anton today (up top at least).
    Reports of knee deep at eberg.

Who's riding tmrw? Thinking about eberg or Amatt.

Sent from my ST18i using TGR Forums

ahh.

@ripz: birdwatching is quite a cool sport for men in their best age!