Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    I have a pair on order. I will probably keep Shifts in my quiver since that ski wont likely take a pivot mount. My trust has been diminished with the shifts even though I have only had a couple of issues. Excited to give these a go.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Anyone know if these work with Gripwalk soles? Just got a pair of Nordica Striders and trying to figure out if I should swap some DIN soles on them. The guys at the shop we're similarly confused...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brady586 View Post
    Anyone know if these work with Gripwalk soles? Just got a pair of Nordica Striders and trying to figure out if I should swap some DIN soles on them. The guys at the shop we're similarly confused...

No GW AFD currently (maybe this summer?) but I found this https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...83#post5534383 If you have a shop involved they likely wont do this.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Thanks I appreciate that link, part of why I figured asking here was worth it. That said, I think I'll wait around for an officially verified version. I worry about my knees enough as is skiing. Gotta imagine Lift and/or CAST is interested in making an appropriate AFD of their own. Till then DIN soles it is.

"The majority of Look bindings are GripWalk compatible for 19/20, including the legendary Pivot 18"
    ..from here: https://www.evo.com/discover/ski/gear-preview

It's getting there. I'm assuming the cast guys will be on it soon too.

Ski’d the CAST on 4FRNT Ravens at Alpine a couple of days ago.

The Ravens are fucking sick with the P18. With a tech toe binding, I don’t think they would be so great in bounds.

I’m loving the CAST on the Raven and Protests. They still perform well inbounds, and can be powered up and shut down more easily with the P18 CAST interface. Both are touring skis that don’t feel like touring skis. Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    ..from here: https://www.evo.com/discover/ski/gear-preview

It's getting there. I'm assuming the cast guys will be on it soon too.
    FYI talked to the guys at CAST and got this response:

We do not have a gripwalk AFD yet but it is in the making and hopefully will be available by next winter.

Anyone hear anything about the March 1st ship date for the latest batch? I ordered fairly late, so not expecting much but would be nice to get some news.

I asked them a question on IG a few weeks ago and still haven't heard back. I know the guys are skiing and shit but there's also a business to run.

Going to wait until the fall to order at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I asked them a question on IG a few weeks ago and still haven't heard back. I know the guys are skiing and shit but there's also a business to run.

Going to wait until the fall to order at this point.
    These guys also have day jobs. I feel your pain, but trying to grow a micro business on a shoestring is not simple.

Communication is usually the first thing to suffer.

I'd pick up the phone.

Disclaimer: no connection with the guys, other than having tried to grow a small business under similar circumstances.

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-04-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Another little learning moment for me today. I pulled too hard on the touring lock, and it went past the lock nubbin, and I couldn't get it to unlock when I wanted to ski! I pushed hard enough that I was scared it would break, but luckily it was loose enough on my boot that I was able to twist out of it, and then it was easy to return to it's functional position.

Is it possible to use quiver killers/ binding freedom with Cast? I'm just thinking that I might have trouble with the housing units on the front screws. Wanting to be able pack many skis in one small bag.
    Last edited by TimersMix; 03-14-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimersMix View Post
    Is it possible to use quiver killers with Cast? I'm just thinking that I might have trouble with the housing units on the front screws. Wanting to be able pack many skis in one small bag.
    Yes, I did that. The only thing is that you have to be really precise with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady586 View Post

Get the Walk to Ride AFD, and you should be sweet. At least according to the Salomon chart in this article: GripWalk soles + WTR bindings = green light!

Quote Originally Posted by TimersMix View Post
    Is it possible to use quiver killers/ binding freedom with Cast? I'm just thinking that I might have trouble with the housing units on the front screws. Wanting to be able pack many skis in one small bag.
    You could quiver kill the heels and buy multiple front plates. They sell second kits for $100(?)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    You could quiver kill the heels and buy multiple front plates. They sell second kits for $100(?)
    That's what I did. The CAST parts you need to do that only cost $28. It doesn't make the ski pack flat like a full insert solution though.

How much better are transitions on the new cast vs old cast system?

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Get the Walk to Ride AFD, and you should be sweet. At least according to the Salomon chart in this article: GripWalk soles + WTR bindings = green light!
    The GW soles being compatible with Salomon WTR bindings only works because the binding has adjustable toe hight. GW's AFD is much closer to Din standard than it is to WTR that's why bindings cane work with both Din and GW with no adjustment.

Formerly Rludes025

selling my cast 2.0 kit in gear swap if anyone is interested

The CAST 3.0 system has been a pleasure to ski. Transitions are a bit slower, but the dampness and stability SHINE.
    Have spent MORE time on CAST mounted sticks (4FRNT Raven & Praxis Protests). For in bounds days they, deliver great feel and instill confidence to haul ass and ride more aggressive vs a pin binding.
    For touring, the pin arms work great for the up and hold great even when the skin track gets steep with lots of kick turns.

My grade: A+

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    The CAST 3.0 system has been a pleasure to ski. Transitions are a bit slower, but the dampness and stability SHINE.
    Have spent MORE time on CAST mounted sticks (4FRNT Raven & Praxis Protests). For in bounds days they, deliver great feel and instill confidence to haul ass and ride more aggressive vs a pin binding.
    For touring, the pin arms work great for the up and hold great even when the skin track gets steep with lots of kick turns.

My grade: A+
    Sweet. Mine come in this weekend, can't wait. Hopefully will get some good Spring turns

Yep, I’m gonna be on my 4FRNT Ravens quite a lot this spring over my Kingpin mounted G3 Findr 102’s. The Kingpins just don’t feel as good as the P18’s. Of course, it could be the skis too.

Hoping to ski everyday for the next month with resort & BC tours in the E Sierra. Time to get hard for the long BC Spring season.

A nice detailed pic of the newest generation. Can't remember source. edit: it was Powder /edit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4ucG93ZGVyLmNvbS91cGxvYWRzLzIwMTkvMDMvaW1nXzIwNzAuanBn.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	277866
    Last edited by snoboy; 04-10-2019 at 07:52 AM.

right at the lights, straight on till night
    any whistler/pemby/squam mags with the cast? looking for beta on techs in the area with cast mounting experience.. cheers
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    any whistler/pemby/squam mags with the cast? looking for beta on techs in the area with cast mounting experience.. cheers
    Yep, in North Van. Mounted the 2018/19 CAST setup on 3 setups. What you wanna know?