Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm not talking about the situation where one woman makes one accusation against someone and then the media frenzy takes over. What happened to Garrison Keillor doesn't seem to be right...but then again, only Keillor and the woman know the full story. I think what happened to Al Franken wasn't right, either. Franken lost a whole political career over an accusation. However, if 5 or 10 more women stand up and say yes, Al Franken continually sexually harrassed them as well, then I would think that he frank(en)ly deserved what he got.

I'm talking about the multiple accusations against one man...often 10, 20, 30 women who finally get up and say...yes, he did that with me as well. They often take a long time to think about it before they accuse because they are embarrassed by it, or are afraid that if they DO say something about the harrassment, they will lose their job or be blacklisted.

I believe Franken is up to 5 or more accusers AKR, is that a sufficient number for your test?
    I still call it The Jake.

Are they independent accusers with no ties to each other?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I believe Franken is up to 5 or more accusers AKR, is that a sufficient number for your test?
    How many "Switft boat" accusers were there? Just sayin......... it's all good if it helps a cause you believe in...........
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Very true. IMO Franken was used as a pawn by the democrats to score a moral victory.
    Your fox news is showing... Democrats forced Franken out to ramp up their strategy to bring down Trump
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    How many "Switft boat" accusers were there? Just sayin......... it's all good if it helps a cause you believe in...........
    I don’t believe in any politician and have no cause here.

Smoke and fire, they’re usually related. Repeated similar stories of groping is a little past the coincidence stage. Sorry if anyone here had a real vested interest in their guy getting the boot today.

Thoughts and prayers.

a real vested interest in their guy getting the boot today.
    This country was probably a better place with with a Senator Al Franken than it will be with a Senator Roy Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    This country was probably a better place with with a Senator Al Franken than it will be with a Senator Roy Moore.
    We'll never know now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    We'll never know now.
    Yeah we can now.

And I look forward to Moore (if he gets in) getting shown the door on day 1 like so many have said they would.

And if they don’t then they just signed their own walking papers.

Or we’ll get a new hashtag to distract us all in 6 months and none of this will be anything but a footnote.

#HARAMBE2012.

And I look forward to Moore (if he gets in) getting shown the door on day 1 like so many have said they would.

Or we’ll get a new hashtag to distract us all in 6 months and none of this will be anything but a footnote.

#HARAMBE2012.
    If Moore gets in, he will be welcomed with open arms by the Republican party. He'll be thanked for joining the club of Gropers Old Party, and get on with the republican agenda. No walking papers will have been signed. And only the feeble minded are distracted by #hashtags. #feebleminds...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

#HARAMBE2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    If Moore gets in, he will be welcomed with open arms by the Republican party. He'll be thanked for joining the club of Gropers Old Party, and get on with the republican agenda. No walking papers will have been signed. And only the feeble minded are distracted by #hashtags. #feebleminds...
    PPS.

I eagerly await the results. Although ideally it will be moot with a Jones win.

If Moore does win my money is on Bmills

Is the "Me too" movement the Arab Spring for women?

I really hope it's more than just that. If it's not about bringing, influencing and supporting actual social change it's gonna be a big loss for the Dems.

Is the "Me too" movement the Arab Spring for women?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Actually, that unofficial policy will never be embraced by the Republicans so why should Democrats be forced to retire. I feel more comfortable acknowledging that all politicians are pond scum and to expect anything less from them is unrealistic. No need for Democrats to take the High Road and shoot themselves in the foot if the Republicans are represented by the Pussy Grabber and Chief and Alabama sends that POS to the Senate.

Like Renee Russo said on this topic; "all women should know men can be sexual predators and conduct themselves accordingly. Know how to defend yourself and don't put yourself in a position (like going to some perverts room to read a script) that can lead to problems". (all paraphrased)
    In a way this is the long winded version of "she was asking for it by wearing a short skirt"

I would be willing to bet every senator could have some sexual accusations brought against them, both men and women. Power corrupts.

I'd also bet there are plenty of women in power positions that have committed sexual harassment. Would anyone listen if men started coming out of the woodwork, or does that not fit today's agenda?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Rep. Trent Franks, an Arizona Republican who is among the most conservative members of the House, said Thursday he would resign his seat in a statement where he acknowledged asking two female subordinates to bear his surrogate children....

Rep. Trent Franks, an Arizona Republican who is among the most conservative members of the House, said Thursday he would resign his seat in a statement where he acknowledged asking two female subordinates to bear his surrogate children....
    Saw this. How the hell did he ask? Like a scummy old man? It appears so as he stepped down.

How do you ask for a real surrogate? Can it not be a subordinate if asked correctly? Probably inappropriate in any workplace, but the whole surrogate deal seems odd to me anyway. I work with a guy who's wife's doing it now.

This whole thing is surreal.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    you know who you are.
    I don’t think they do

Nor do they likely think they’re doing anything wrong (until they’re called out)

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    In a way this is the long winded version of "she was asking for it by wearing a short skirt"
    No this is the same as telling my then teenage daughters to be very careful with drugs or alcohol to excess around young men "because shit will happen you didn't want to happen".

And sadly they both told me I was right many years later.

Nobody is asking for it, but you have to be careful and understand human behavior is all I am suggesting.

Think of it another way, are you going to get raging drunk with a bunch of gay men? If you do, you may wake up with a sore ass you could have avoided.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I feel more comfortable acknowledging that all politicians are pond scum and to expect anything less from them is unrealistic. No need for Democrats to take the High Road and shoot themselves in the foot if the Republicans are represented by the Pussy Grabber and Chief and Alabama sends that POS to the Senate.

Fuck Putin's narrative ("They're all the same! There's no difference between parties!..."), and fuck you for trying to spread Putinjizz where there is a clear difference between how the two American Parties are responding to the same situation, you dumbed down motherfucker.

Protip: Hold all elected representatives to high standards of conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Fuck Putin's narrative ("They're all the same! There's no difference between parties!..."), and fuck you for trying to spread Putinjizz where there is a clear difference between how the two American Parties are responding to the same situation, you dumbed down motherfucker.

Protip: Hold all elected representatives to high standards of conduct.
    I could be wrong but I think he is suggesting that the dems should take a page from the GOP handbook rather than take the high road not that they are currently behaving the same. A sort of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

I could be wrong but I think he is suggesting that the dems should take a page from the GOP handbook rather than take the high road not that they are currently behaving the same. A sort of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".

He's saying that since they're all the same and all crooks anyway, the Dems should just go ahead and handwave sexual harassment/assault in their ranks if they can gain advantage by doing so.
    That behavior ultimately degrades the the whole process, which is quite in standing with the "Tear it down!" narrative liv2suk lives2promulgate.

The Swift boat thing wasn't even close to the same situation.

And I don't get why you're on about women having alterior reasons for making accusations. Sure, some may do so...some are manipulative assholes just like some men are manipulative assholes....but I think the women who "falsely accuse" for alterior motives are probably the minority.

As I said before. I think there is a lot of shame that happens when a person is sexually harrassed, and often we are talking not just harrassment but downright abuse. I think shame and fear of humilation and just plain fear makes it hard for the abused to confront their abuser...sometimes it takes years. Child abuse cases iften follow the same exact lengthy itinerary. Sorry...I don't buy much of the "but it's just false accusations" blarney.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    The Swift boat thing wasn't even close to the same situation.

And I don't get why you're on about women having alterior reasons for making accusations. Sure, some may do so...some are manipulative assholes just like some men are manipulative assholes....but I think the women who "falsely accuse" for alterior motives are probably the minority.

As I said before. I think there is a lot of shame that happens when a person is sexually harrassed, and often we are talking not just harrassment but downright abuse. I think shame and fear of humilation and just plain fear makes it hard for the abused to confront their abuser...sometimes it takes years. Child abuse cases iften follow the same exact lengthy itinerary. Sorry...I don't buy much of the "but it's just false accusations" blarney.
    All I'm saying is I have reasonable doubt about the veracity of some of the allegations.

I believe the swift boat incident, where all involved later on admitted to lying to help defeat John Kerry (a lie for the cause!) is on point. Politics is dirty rotten pool and there are those who play to win no matter what the cost and I have known women who will stand up for another against a common foe even if it means lying.