Page 157 of 432 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 10792
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I like it. I like it a lot.
    Sweet, thanks for the rundown. Interesting findings RE: climbing. I've got no business buying one, and probably won't but still would like to take one for a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I agree. Just quote the text.
    WIN!

Also, Powdork, great pic (Tahoe Mt?), but that looks super sketch with the dogs. Do you ever hit them? Once upon a time, a buddy's dog jumped playfully at me mid-turn, way back on Norman Clyde Glacier (long way from car). Needless to say, my ski edges cut his leg, and it made for a loooooooooooong, very bloody exit, a trip to the vet for stitches, and the permanent stink-eye from my (immediately thereafter) former ski partner Stoney. Anyway - dogs?? No problems?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Some recents
    Attachment 219378
    nice pic mtngrl
    However many are in a shit ton.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    nice pic mtngrl
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    It's actually the upper that's a crash replacement. Don't feel like I've ever really tested the 2R chin bar. As far as I'm concerned, it's a 'fake full face', I figure still better than nothing though. This was supposed to be a pedaling trip, haha! I'll be replacing it with the new Super DH as soon as they come in. Looks like it might be a true quiver of one helmet. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

15F on Christmas Eve. There was some uphill walking involved.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Froze up! Digging that it's going to stay cold by me for a while! We usually have an ongoing freeze/thaw cycle of crap

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

The absence of winter is a bit troubling but I'm enjoying the riding weather. Still some dry dirt in the Valley if you know where to look.

Name:  flintstone drop.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  181.6 KB
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

One-shot TR from this weekend in Virgin.

Some pics from the last couple rides of 2017. Flew home to BC from Phoenix so I could make this ride... a 100-miler in the desert a friend puts on each year.

No riding at home, too cold and snowy

Flew in the day before and did a ride around Papago Park

Pretty fun little trail system and quite diverse. Worth checking out if you're right in town and have a couple hours to kill.

For the big ride about 12 of us started at 530am. Here is Schillingsworth climbing away in the pre-dawn...

We'll be doing a loop over by the those mountains then heading north into Brown's ranch in the afternoon

First rest stop, 25mi in

Lots of new to me singletrack in Brown's Ranch as they've been buying land, building trail and bringing existing stuff into the system

Daytime finish was not to be as I slowed down a lot in the afternoon. Nice day to be out though, and great way to end the year!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1210.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	220811

Name:	IMG_1503.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	528.3 KB 
ID:	220812

Derby Trails, Tasmania

Tasmania! Dude, elaborate!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    x2, guy I follow on strava was down that way but didn't upload any photos. Hopefully you can put up a TR.

Looks like a good big ride in PHX evdog.

One-shot TR from this weekend in Virgin.

Awesome! That's a big hit for the little ripper. How old is that kid?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Awesome! That's a big hit for the little ripper. How old is that kid?
    He turns 8 on Saturday. I had fun too:

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    x2, guy I follow on strava was down that way but didn't upload any photos. Hopefully you can put up a TR.
    I don't have time for a TR, wish I did. Beyond lack of time, iphones now compress photos into .heic files and I can't preview or post them on this forum. It's annoying, and I'm not going to figure out a work flow to change this. Before I had a simple workflow of picking my photos that were backed up on the cloud, very easy and not happening any more.

I will say everything written about tasmania is not hype or overblown, as most articles are about the new next hot spot. I was in shock how good the trails were in Derby. So many perfect handbuilt berms, tons of random jumps on most of the trails, and so many miles of fun rolling trails. Not a lot of steeps though, so the rocks slowed you down. I rented an Enduro, which was overkill on most of the flat trails, but overall it's good to have a bigger bike and roll into unknown things without stopping. And since it's all so new, it's like being in Downieville before it blew up. And they are building a ton more trails there. Restaurants are just opening up in Derby, first building in 30 years in the town sold, someone just bought the local pub and is renovating the rooms, etc. A second shuttle company just opened, too. I stayed in a pub 10 minutes away, and it was like staying in a small pub in England, so cool and so different! And hotels all over the island are reasonable, pubs are really cheap though. Renting a camper van is a way to go too.

The scenery was incredible, it was a forest fairly land where you just had to stop and take it in sometimes. Lotsa big trees/fern/mosses like the PNW, but with more of a tropical island feel. I was hoping to see a snake or two, and I did. I found out ALL snakes on Tasmania are poisonous, which is a bit freaky. Both sankes I saw so close I had to come to a stop, and one gave me a good look before going away. One was probably a baby Tiger snake, the other one was a common poisonous black snake, not a big deal for a poisonous snake but I was far from any road. Stopping to take pics, I had to remind myself to not go face-first into a spiderweb or step on a snake. A couple times I jumped at scurrying black salamander tails I only caught a glimpse of, ha!

One cool experience was taking a big shuttle at 9am and ending the ride at a pub half way down. You eat at the pub, then take another short shuttle up for a lonnnnnng descent to town. Pubs in the middle of rides is brilliant, except the food served is about the worst kind for getting energy to ride!

He turns 8 on Saturday. I had fun too:

Nice, I think that's the one I overshot and went to the hospital in 2015? at Rampage. First time I hit it, was humbling and made me realize I'll never figure out jumping.

Missed the campground flood because of it though!

Thanks for the Tasmania write-up, sounds epic. You'd have to be trying pretty hard to overshoot that step-up unless it's been re-worked since then. I was flying into it. At the Fanpage whip-off this year Lacondeguy, Cody Kelly and some other pros were boosting it about 10 ft higher than I did there. To do that they were starting way further up than I do and pedaling like madmen the whole way down the in-run.

Thanks for the Tasmania write-up, sounds epic. You'd have to be trying pretty hard to overshoot that step-up unless it's been re-worked since then. I was flying into it. At the Fanpage whip-off this year Lacondeguy, Cody Kelly and some other pros were boosting it about 10 ft higher than I did there. To do that they were starting way further up than I do and pedaling like madmen the whole way down the in-run.
    Maybe I hit the one to the right? Or it's been reworked a bunch. I went far into the steep landing area.

evdog - Nice Mojo 3! I've been loving mine since I bought it last spring. You inspired me to post a few shots from the last month or so. Low tide in the sierras but the trails have been fun as always this winter.

Lemonade

Name:	20180112_111712.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	221273
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

From today in Walpole NH.
    Killington view.

crab in my shoe mouth

Sick! I walk the dogs there some days, that's a few blocks from my place.