Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2012
    This looks like a good one. Good tunes and good beer on my birthday sounds like a must hit. https://www.dirtfarmerfestival.com/

The National Reserve & Charley Crockett @ Brooklyn Bowl last week. First time hearing National Reserve-liked what I heard. Charley was incredible.

Greensky Bluegrass this Friday @ Pier 17!!! Psyched.

next week, two nights of Dark Star Orchestra..Bergen PAC & Stone Pony summerstage.

following week, Dawes @ Higher Ground
    I ski the east.

Rolling Stones at MetLife Stadium.
    Can’t believe Mick Jagger just got a heart surgery 4 months ago and sings and moves the way he did.
    Great show that I may don’t get another chance to see them all together.

Going to go see Blondie and Elvis Costello tomorrow night. Should be a fun time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I’ve seen Blondie a few times. Great show.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So yesterday at work I met Bill Laymon, bass player for New Riders of the Purple Sage and the David Nelson Band. He told me he’d be playing today and tomorrow at a local joint with Lacy J Dalton. Today I got to tie in with them and meet Lacy J before the show. Shes quite a good woman. She’s known as a country singer, but she’s played with a lot of outlaws and psychedelic freaks. Her show today was FANTASTIC! She plays a hell of a lot of Dead. Turns out she and Bill and I have quite a few mutual friends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0143.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	290104
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Edgar and George Meyer with Mike Marshall downstairs bar capped at 100 people equals one of the best shows of my life. And that is saying a lot.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

scored a ticket for Tyler Childers for tonight @ Webster Hall.

will be wearing my yellow Marcus King Band hat...say whats up!

psyched
    I ski the east.

Tab Benoit at a little venue that seats maybe 350 max Friday night. I'm thinking it could be good.

edit: fuck that it's gonna be great

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Tab Benoit at a little venue that seats maybe 350 max Friday night. I'm thinking it could be good.

edit: fuck that it's gonna be great
    It is. Have fun, man

Laidback Country Pickers opened for Tyler Childers last night. Enjoyed them a lot.

As far as Tyler, absolutely blown away. Crowd was loving it. Can't wait to see him in December @ Brooklyn Steel.
    I ski the east.

Saw the first show in a bit where I was impressed by all the bands and all the sets were good.

Voidvator, never heard them before. They did a really cool metal Dick Dale cover https://voidvator.bandcamp.com

Sanhedrin was fucking excellent as expected https://thesanhedrin.bandcamp.com

And I finally got to see the Lord weird slough Feg
    https://thelordweirdsloughfeg.bandcamp.com

Name:	IMG_20190808_001247~2.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	290598

^^^ you make my taste in metal seem so mainstream. gonna check them out.

Name:	IMG_0709.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	290672

Tab Benoit last night. Such a good show. Rockin' bluesy blue-eyed soul is about as close as I can come to description. He was in a great mood, bantering all night with the crowd, asking for requests...everybody was yelling out songs and after it went on for a while I yelled "Free Bird!" as a joke but he picked up on it, saying he'd never play that song, he's been to too many Cajun weddings where it got played by the groom and the bride's family didn't like it and people were, "Fightin', tryin' to get traction on the VFW floor in their rented tuxedo shoes, in the beer and cake batter on the floor, bustin' out their own teeth tryin' to get at somebody else..." it was pretty hilarious.

The opener was this guy Eric Johanson. Tab played drums for him (he's a really good drummer) and Tab's bass player played bass. Wow. Great on the guitar, he's another Louisiana guy, tons of soul, great voice too. You'll hear about that guy at some point. Here's a video I found of him from last year with Tab on drums and the same bass player (sorry i don't know his name).

Last edited by iceman; 08-09-2019 at 08:35 AM.

word on friends' social media was that Tab's show was all-time.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

He killed it. Mixed in some covers like Los Lobos' "Loaded" and a sweet version Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine" along with a bunch of originals, it was really good. When he ripped a string off his guitar that wouldn't stay tuned mid-song and didn't miss a beat, that was a moment. Great show and I love the venue, the Narrows Center is cool.

Also can't say enough about the set by Eric Johanson. Great night all-around.

I'd love to see Anders and Tab together, that would be something.

Apparently Anders Osborn’s guitars were stolen from his tour van at the Best Western in Corte Madera, CA last night.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

That sucks. I'm sure some of them meant a lot to him. Hopefully he gets them back.

Is Dave Chappell and John Stewart considered a concert? Either way, they killed it the other night at the Fillmore in Denver. Just killed it.

Colour Haze in Bruson Switzerland

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed seeing Stick Men last night at a small theater in Albany (Tony Levin and Pat Mastelotto from King Crimson and crafty guitarist Markus Reuter). They played some songs from the KC tour (Red, Level 5, Lark Tongues in Aspics Part II, Breathless and Industry). They also played Pink Floyd's Learning to Fly with a guest singer from Brit Floyd who was in the audience that night. Their own songs were great, too.

Here's a small sample. Watching Pat close up was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Colour Haze in Bruson Switzerland

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
    Is that Bruson the ski area? Great memories skiing the trees at Bruson during a two foot dump a few years ago.

Wow very jealous. I love Colour Haze. And I too have fond memories of deep powder days at Bruson.

I check their tour dates from time to time and they pretty much never come to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm seeing Tab Benoit Tuesday night. Been listening to Colour Haze on spotify today. I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Really enjoyed seeing Stick Men last night at a small theater in Albany (Tony Levin and Pat Mastelotto from King Crimson and crafty guitarist Markus Reuter). They played some songs from the KC tour (Red, Level 5, Lark Tongues in Aspics Part II, Breathless and Industry). They also played Pink Floyd's Learning to Fly with a guest singer from Brit Floyd who was in the audience that night. Their own songs were great, too.

Here's a small sample. Watching Pat close up was amazing.
    Nice! Markus is a ripping long time KC side project guitar player who toured in a band with Belew & Levin, saw them back in 2011 or 12.

Stoked to see KC @ Radio City next month for their 50th anniversary, anybody else here going?