Page 139 of 204 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 5088
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    If there was a way to do MX without HAVING to stay at the resort I would be there. Buddy of mine has a family place in Cancun. Would be so rad to just stay there and do our own thing and then see the shows at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    If there was a way to do MX without HAVING to stay at the resort I would be there. Buddy of mine has a family place in Cancun. Would be so rad to just stay there and do our own thing and then see the shows at night.
    I sort of dig the cruise ship feel to the whole thing... Lol. 4 nights. I'll need a confined area that I can waller in to recover. Just keep someone sending frozen drinks and white cheese dip.

so who is going to see phish?

I have never really considered the MX thing but here’s a thought.

Check out Airbnb and vrbo places in Puerto Aventuras. Been down there with with the wife and kids. Cool spot. Mostly homes/townhomes. Probably a mile or less from the Barcelo. (If that’s not the venue anymore then this post is for shit)

If I was to hit those shows I’d definitely stay there and avoid to wook party bullshit. Food in PA is ok but probably better options than the big resort. Much more laid back. Easy to find a place with a private pool too.

Edit : didn’t think about it....does the resort require you to stay there to get into the shows?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I have never really considered the MX thing but here’s a thought.

Check out Airbnb and vrbo places in Puerto Aventuras. Been down there with with the wife and kids. Cool spot. Mostly homes/townhomes. Probably a mile or less from the Barcelo. (If that’s not the venue anymore then this post is for shit)

If I was to hit those shows I’d definitely stay there and avoid to wook party bullshit. Food in PA is ok but probably better options than the big resort. Much more laid back. Easy to find a place with a private pool too.

Edit : didn’t think about it....does the resort require you to stay there to get into the shows?
    Yeah, they only do MX shows as a package deal. Have to buy an all inclusive package with rooms, etc to get concert tix.

Gotcha. Makes sense, I guess. That solidifies me couch touring MX shows.

New venue as well. This is pretty much all I will need.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I've got the 2 month free trial on XM and have really been enjoying channel 29 lately. I love hearing shows from this past week in little bits while I take a short drive. No way I'm going to a stadium to see them play, but the quick turnaround on the recordings is fun and the boys sound in great form.

Oh and a swim up bar full of wooks might be my worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    New venue as well. This is pretty much all I will need.

So much pee

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    So much pee
    I thought this forum was full of gnarly wooks that pee in pools and huck meat....
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

FWIW they are only playing a couple stadiums these days. I would never go to Fenway. Hear the sound sucks. Dick's is surprisingly good for sound on the field. It's not fully closed in like a regular stadium and there is no boomy sound. The rest of the shows these days are in venues they have been playing since the mid 90s.

As far as wooks, I have heard there are essentially zero wooks at the MX shows. All 40 something dentists/insurance salesmen/tech nerds pretty much.

Ya - no wooks in MX. Just custies. Brad and Chad and whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Ya - no wooks in MX. Just custies. Brad and Chad and whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good. No one will be asking to borrow a sip of my beer.

FWIW they are only playing a couple stadiums these days. I would never go to Fenway. Hear the sound sucks. Dick's is surprisingly good for sound on the field. It's not fully closed in like a regular stadium and there is no boomy sound. The rest of the shows these days are in venues they have been playing since the mid 90s.

As far as wooks, I have heard there are essentially zero wooks at the MX shows. All 40 something dentists/insurance salesmen/tech nerds pretty much.
    Dicks on the field is great. Unfortunatley, Nashville is lack luster because they can't turn up the volume. I just got some great seats for tonight. NYC is always may favorite though. The sound there is amazing. I imagine Phish has invested quite a bit of money there.

MX isn't as expensive as every makes it out to be. For example. I got 2 tickets for tonight on SH for 400 total. Thats 3 rows back Mike side. Grass are still available for 80.
    Lets just call it 100 for the ticket tonight. My hotel is 200 (Last minute deal for the Omni Charlotte). Food will run me 100 bucks. 100 in gas. 150-200 at the show for drinks and nachos and such. So about 700 all in. NYC is where I really take a beating because Beatrice Inn.

I’m going for the cheapest possible show ever at SPAC on the 2nd. Driving home after the show, hoping to score a lawn on the ground and won’t be spending any money on alcohol. Gas is about $30 there and back.
    Let’s Party
    crab in my shoe mouth

The alcohol cost at the show is absurd. Metal bottle Coors Lts for 15 bucks each...

Eat more L
    Drink less

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    The alcohol cost at the show is absurd. Metal bottle Coors Lts for 15 bucks each...
    I quit beer a year ago. Last phish shows I was at in Chicago, (fall ‘18), I dropped well over $100/night and I wasn’t drinking heavily. I seem to recall a single whiskey was 20-25 bucks with tip. Silly.

Haven’t looked into the MX price but I’d imagine it’s pretty reasonable for the package. I just steer clear of crowded resorts when possible. Probably fun tho.

Stay at your buddy's place then charter a boat and anchor off shore and kick it, maybe even splurge for a captain so you don't get taken over by pirates

I just watched that second set opener. That was hot.

The boys are absolutely killin it. The shows are coming up fairly quick on relisten too. Also Sirius has last nights show on at noon today. Good time to be a fan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3867.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	365.2 KB 
ID:	286480

Last night was the first good show of tour. Let’s not get carried away. I’m hearing rumors of improved sound on the lawns this summer, extra speakers and whatnot. Will this be the case at SPAC? Really hoping this is a thing.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I’m sorry but SPAC is so fucked now that they put in the beer/food paywall between the bowl and the lawn.

If I’m the lawn, get there early enough to sit right behind the soundboard. MNIAW says it’s the best sound in the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I’m sorry but SPAC is so fucked now that they put in the beer/food paywall between the bowl and the lawn.

If I’m the lawn, get there early enough to sit right behind the soundboard. MNIAW says it’s the best sound in the place.
    Oh, don’t I know it. The heads of today will never understand what that place was like back in the day. Caught three dead shows there, 84-85-88. Having delay towers on the back lawn with everyone getting the fuck down, that shit raged. No other way to say it, it raged.
    From what I’m hearing, Phish is setting up more speakers at the end of the pavilions to blast the lawn. I really hope this is the case at SPAC. Love that town and that venue.
    crab in my shoe mouth