Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I figured you'd have some sense of what the trails are like there, more so than me anyway I've only been to Alpine and Ringwood. You doing alright though? Slow recovery huh.
    Yup. Slow recovery. I’ve only been partial weight bearing for 3 weeks now. I’m at the point now where I can be without crutches for a little bit but if I go too long, it starts to hurt... like what I just did today when I was coaching a lacrosse tournament. Time for some ice.

Well, enough about me. Ringwood should be mostly good by this point in the season.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Anyone know if southern NH/northern MA trails are dry(ish) and rolling nice? I'm heading down there this weekend and wouldn't mind riding some actual trails.

Thanks gravity and spanky!- Ringwood was awesome, just a touch of moisture in the dirt made it perfect, got the feeling I did red blaze in wrong direction but it was awesome! Halifax is fun as shit! Great day, pics when I stop being a lazy bish.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Anyone know if southern NH/northern MA trails are dry(ish) and rolling nice? I'm heading down there this weekend and wouldn't mind riding some actual trails.
    I'm in Concord NH and some of the networks around here are dry but some are still icy and muddy. My guess is it is good past the MA border.

Thoughts on riding around Boston tomorrow? see some rain early morning but high of 70

19 NE - It's all up from here

The guys at JRA in Medford said the fells is riding well, not a lot of mud as of today. I’m gonna check it out on Sunday. Breakheart would be another option, it seems to drain pretty well.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 04-13-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Put in a hard, rocky ride with a big crew at Russell Mills. Felt great to ride some dirt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60310FC8-D09A-4C7C-A87F-DACDCF18C56D.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	278469

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    The guys at JRA in Medford said the fells is riding well, not a lot of mud as of today. I’m gonna check it out on Sunday. Breakheart would be another option, it seems to drain pretty well.
    Was also out there today. Not much mud at all, great time

Nice warm dry weather up here lately; I'm going to go stroll some local trails this afternoon to see how the drying is going.

Millstone trail clean up/work day this Sunday. Anyone interested?

It hasn't been excessively wet here but it rains pretty hard every couple of days. Some spots in the area are 2" above normal for April and all it takes is .25" and water starts flowing out of the ground in the regular spots. The trees are leafing out and filling in now and it's been pretty breezy so the ground surface dries pretty quickly. Wet areas are still super soggy and creeks are still really high so it's going to be a while before it really dries. It's been great for hiking and trail cleaning though. I did get a hard time from a ranger a few days ago though because I didn't have authorization to be doing trail work. I was just tossing sticks and clearing drains as I walked. My wife was flabbergasted that he gave me such a hard time.

Bennington area trails are open.

I heard Cochrans is mostly open too but I'm skeptical about that.

I took a walk around Millstone yesterday and it's drying out nicely but still needs more time. Plenty of bone dry parts, a bit of standing water and some soft/muddy spots.

Pretty great day out today—Boston to Ipswich and back on the train. Connected the fells, lynn some other little singletrack up to the rail trail out of danvers. Fitness is trash so bailed before willowdale/Georgetown and didn’t make it to Newburyport. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1556393255.045508.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	280229

nice roady CantDog....I still have the Spinergy Spox.. dropped the ball on the bike resurrection but 12 years later got the bike fit dialed in and those babys . Gonna get some pics later...I'm still alive after riding those..
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

Cantdog is secretly Davis Phinney. (not really)

Hello NE MTB, time to pedal (and still ski). See y'all out there.

and I'm now gonna shift gears and say with those tires that's not really his roady...thinking of going in a similar direction

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    and I'm now gonna shift gears and say with those tires that's not really his roady...thinking of going in a similar direction
    Only road it sees is connecting trails. Still have a road bike but being on the road around Boston freaks me out more than it used to.

Spinergy Spox! I love that. Always thought those thick spokes look cool.

I still have a pair of Spox wheels on a mid 90's VooDoo HooDoo. I have enough parts to rebuild them and keep them running forever considering the bike never gets ridden anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Is the progression this -

motocross
    mtn bike
    cyclo-cross
    gravel
    road
    Death?

I'm not dead yet.
    I just read this whole thread..:
    reverse the above, eliminate motocross maybe switch the dead part...
    Once again I'm behind the times...
    that's funny on the spox GL, they'll last forever that way :-) glad you're out and about, picking up sticks, causing trouble, and more...

19 NE - It's all up from here

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    glad you're out and about, picking up sticks, causing trouble, and more...
    Cheers GL, heartily seconded!

Causing trouble is what it's all about isn't it?

Thanks guys

KT opens Saturday. Surprised after the rainy week up here.

gettn there... I purchased the frame new in 1977..steel is real, always has been.
    this is going to be a quasi gravel bike.. kinda limited on the tire size, I come with baggage so I got rack..
    got 27 gears ( a triple front crank... that's right, triple front crank mtfkrs) and those are some Spinergy Spox.... either love them or hate them there's no in between...
    approaching the century we are in but not in a hurry...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3847[1].jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	281262

Get after it bitch!!! ^^^
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Grrr another wet year shaping up We are on day 23 in a row with measurable precip. Some of those days were just a trace but it has been enough to keep things wet all the time, it never really dries out. I'm going to reach that point soon where I don't care if the trails are muddy I'm just going to go ride anyway and the haters can stick it up their wazoo.