Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I didn't get over there until probably about 5 on Sunday, there was a massive crew of kids on BMX cruisers. It is insanely addictive to just go as fast as you can in that thing.

Skateparks scare the shit out of me, but slowly building the confidence to send more gaps. I think I've seen people play bike polo more in the rink than actual hockey haha

19 NE - It's all up from here

The street hockey game plays around 10:30am-1:30pm on Sundays, then bike polo takes over. We also skate some Tuesday and Thursday evenings, the new lights look great for that. If you know anyone that plays hockey, shoot me a PM and I can get you on the email list, it’s a fun game.

Around 11am on Sunday there was a pretty awesome session going with what seemed like some pretty talented riders, in their 20s I would guess. Mix of BMX and jumping bikes. It’s gnarly IMO.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 03-26-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Figured here would be a good spot to post this for sale.

Two frame adaptors for sale; https://vermont.craigslist.org/bop/d...850894841.html
    Last edited by Bluebird; 04-02-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A458C16B-5B08-4B97-BAB3-A30EB3DD1E1A.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	276379

Snow is receding fast up here and gravel roads are just right for grinding. I know dry trails are weeks away but it felt damn good to pedal in the 50 degree temps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A458C16B-5B08-4B97-BAB3-A30EB3DD1E1A.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	276379

Snow is receding fast up here and gravel roads are just right for grinding. I know dry trails are weeks away but it felt damn good to pedal in the 50 degree temps.

Are you in for the Rooted ride? It should be quite the party.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Are you in for the Rooted ride? It should be quite the party.

Yeah, I'm most likely in for the Rooted ride. Might push for the 85 miler.

Also, doing the WATA and Lawson's grinders first weekend in May.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Lawson's grinders first weekend in May.
    What's this? I need to get registered for a few grinders and the beer offering usually serves as a great incentive.

'The Ranger' mini anyone? VTF and Buttah were in last year, I plan to do the full course this year, so you guys can all heckle me when I come in DFL...

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    What's this? I need to get registered for a few grinders and the beer offering usually serves as a great incentive.

'The Ranger' mini anyone? VTF and Buttah were in last year, I plan to do the full course this year, so you guys can all heckle me when I come in DFL...
    https://www.bikereg.com/38958

https://vmba.org/event/cranko-de-mayo-gravel-grinder/

I'll be hobbling over the finish line after doing the WATA grinder the day before.

I'll check out The Ranger and see if I can swing it.

Thoughts on sub $1k grinders like the Aventon Kijote, Diamondback Haanjo, Fuji Jari, Salsa Journeyman, etc?

700 vs 650b?

No idea about those bikes but I feel salsa always gives a lot of bang for the buck. Personally I think 700c is the way to go, but have friends who love their c'dale slates with 650.
    Inexpensive bikes are great until you ride a nicer one. Ymmv.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Thoughts on sub $1k grinders like the Aventon Kijote, Diamondback Haanjo, Fuji Jari, Salsa Journeyman, etc?

700 vs 650b?
    A change of tune re gravel? You doing RAS? I love my 650b Slate, but likely don't know any better. It was well over 1k, sooo

I am in for Rasputitsa, Ranger and Overland currently and will add a couple of others over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Inexpensive bikes are great until you ride a nicer one. Ymmv.
    truth.

Although I think 1k gets you a lot closer to something truly enjoyable for road/gravel than it would for mtb

Any reccs for a NE NJ/or NY ride, say within 60 minutes or so Of jersey suburbs that dries well or doesn’t hold too much mud for Saturday after rains stop? That’s in the Northeast right?

19 NE - It's all up from here

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    A change of tune re gravel? You doing RAS? I love my 650b Slate, but likely don't know any better. It was well over 1k, sooo

I am in for Rasputitsa, Ranger and Overland currently and will add a couple of others over the summer.
    No change of tune. I shod my roadie with 28mm gravel kings at the beginning of last year so I can ride more mixed roads. The 23s just had me too nervous.

I just don’t do the race series thing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Any reccs for a NE NJ/or NY ride, say within 60 minutes or so Of jersey suburbs that dries well or doesn’t hold too much mud for Saturday after rains stop? That’s in the Northeast right?
    You're going to be in NJ? (Sorry ) People seem to have been getting out pretty much everywhere the last few days. It dried out here super fast. Ringwood has been seeing some traffic. If you're in NY try Sterling Forest it should be good to go. Pretty much everything below ~1500 feet south of I90 should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You're going to be in NJ? (Sorry ) People seem to have been getting out pretty much everywhere the last few days. It dried out here super fast. Ringwood has been seeing some traffic. If you're in NY try Sterling Forest it should be good to go. Pretty much everything below ~1500 feet south of I90 should be good.
    Ha! yeah unfortunately in the NJ/PA area for another 18 months, was a swift kick in the butt for last few years after 8 in the CO mountains. In any event, yeah been nice riding last couple weeks, just concerned about Sat late morning/pm when the rain finally stops if there will be anyplaces that tend not to hold water.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

No change of tune. I shod my roadie with 28mm gravel kings at the beginning of last year so I can ride more mixed roads. The 23s just had me too nervous.

You should check out the BikesDirect rides. Frames are as good as any of the cheap ones from mainline companies, components are much better.

http://www.bikesdirect
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

If you're willing to drop a little more, this seems like a pretty amazing deal. Swiss army bike with lots of carbon stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1335819644854/

That ^ would be a good ride for Peruvian as he likes the big wheels. Frame might be too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That ^ would be a good ride for Peruvian as he likes the big wheels. Frame might be too small.
    True but Surly sizing is different from that of other bikes, especially road bikes. I believe that the Krampus frame is optimized/designed for a flat bar or riser bar; not drops, which automatically impart more reach.

On a large Krampus, the Effective Top tube length is 59.5 cm, the head tube angle is 69*, chainstay length is 43.5 cm . Here's the Geo chart

On a 59cm Salsa Warbird, a gravel frame designed for use with drop bars, the effective top tube length is 59.0 cm, the head tube angle is 70.75*, chainstay length is 43.0 cm

Both have exactly the same seat tube angle (73 deg)

I don't even know the guy who's selling the bike but I'm just being a devil's advocate about bike fitting - flat bar frames are different from drop bar frames.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Ha! yeah unfortunately in the NJ/PA area for another 18 months, was a swift kick in the butt for last few years after 8 in the CO mountains. In any event, yeah been nice riding last couple weeks, just concerned about Sat late morning/pm when the rain finally stops if there will be anyplaces that tend not to hold water.
    Well, a lot of northern NJ is all rocks so should be good. Ringwood, JH... rock. Spanky?

Gonna hit the Ringwood area I think or high point. Only asked because the area I’ve been staying closer to the commuter burbs right outside the city have some awesome reservations I’ve been messing around in and while obviously predominantly rocky, have had quite a few sections of slop, nothing too crazy but didn’t know if that was gonna be the case further north, regardless looking forward to exploring the Skylands/Ringwood area, wish I picked up the MTB bug as a kid before I moved to CO, so much good riding right in my childhood backyards!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Well, a lot of northern NJ is all rocks so should be good. Ringwood, JH... rock. Spanky?
    Not sure on the call out. I’m still on the DL. I am riding in the trainer for 30 minutes about 5 days a week. I’m a long way from getting back on the trails though.

Ringwood and Wawayanda are my favorites in NJ.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I figured you'd have some sense of what the trails are like there, more so than me anyway I've only been to Alpine and Ringwood. You doing alright though? Slow recovery huh.

Seconded for Waywayonda. Try and find a local group, there some sort of hidden stuff there that is excellent. Get to Blue Mtn as well, although not a great spot for wet conditions.