Page 82 of 167 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    Not sure about poo poos, but cracked piston skirts r caused by over reving it on my big old skidoos. But it needs to rev out 500. Total rebuild time now. I would rebuild crank too. Not guna b cheap.
    Cold cease is common. Wot was the temp when she went pop?
    -6 . was warmed to 50c before moving it.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Piston skirts are the common injury on those. Apparently do to their extreme crank angles. Look at a "fix kit" when rebuilding. Check snow and mud for plenty of info.

Conditions this year certainly are better than last.

Agreed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1453085793.746846.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	282.4 KB 
ID:	175126
    Taken yesterday at Rabbit Ears!

http://nanaimo.craigslist.ca/snw/5430947619.html

Thoughts on these/the price? Am looking to get a sled to access logging roads. No plans to use as a mountain sled as of yet, though that may come; right now just looking to get started into owning a sled and using it to cut out the long slogs up the road here on the island. Mountain sleds could always come at a later date?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

1500 for 2 sleds seems good. But if there is any fresh snow on the trail yuor in for a stuckathon.
    length of track is a big issue. Enticiser will need jets changed for higher eleveatons but ur not going to get it up that high on the island. Buy them and get in the game. The yamy will still be running for ur grndkids

Wow is it easy to start disappearing down the rabbit hole with sleds - soon you're looking at thousands of dollars and have to reign yourself in because you just bought a house and don't have that kind of money.

http://whistler.craigslist.ca/snw/5426245280.html

Also found this one, which I could pick a trailer up with (don't have a truck, so need a trailer at the moment). Downside is additional cost and only one of them (would love 2 for the gf and I, but if this could haul us both down the trails, then no problem). Upside = better sled? Guessing there.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

An M7 will definitely get both of you down a road unless one of you is huge or something. It's what I ride and we tandem on it all the time. That said tandeming is annoying for long distances or in more difficult terrain (sidehills, etc). Having multiple sleds is always good in case one decides to break, with two you can tow the broken one out. But yes the M7 is a better, more capable sled than the first two.

All three of the sleds you posted will have limitations in deep snow though, with the M7 being the best of the bunch. An M7 with a longer track will do much better than one with the short 146" track. I don't know your market but around here it's not too hard to find a 153" M7 for around that price.

Anyone looking for sled ski/board racks? My buddy is making some, good price $360 CDN. My brother has one on his new XM and it is working great, I actually like the geometry on these better then my CFR. PM me if interested.

"Sled Racks - $360
    Aluminum construction, powder coated flat black, urethane ski/board mounts, simple bungees/eyelets with S hooks for securing gear. Fits a 20L fuel can perfectly."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0496.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	176567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rack 2.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	176568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rack 1.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	176569  
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Sadly, in Canuck pesos, things are often relatively expensive up here (assume you're in 'murica - so that's equivalent to ~US$2100 right now). I'll keep my eyes open for a 153 track, though and keep researching. Good to know that it would be possible to tandem, though - especially to get up the logging roads.

Hey all - I read that San Juan Snowcats is now running out of Durango Mountain Resort dba "San Juan Untracked."

Are they using catroads put in by the sled clubs? Their own? From reading what I can find, they're using an area roughly north of the ski area. Any insight? Kid is going to Fort Lewis this fall, guess I'll be making more sled-ski trips way down south, gotta unlock the Sanjuans.

Thoughts? Not looking for stashes, just figure I'll use their roads for starters, park @ DMR?

Quote Originally Posted by Mannix View Post

Thoughts? Not looking for stashes, just figure I'll use their roads for starters, park @ DMR?

I'm betting they won't let you. Aspen Powder Tours permit allowed them to exclude sled access, even though we had decades of prior use.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I'm betting they won't let you. Aspen Powder Tours permit allowed them to exclude sled access, even though we had decades of prior use.
    That doesn't seem to be the norm for snowcat tours. Sleds are allowed to use the roads built or used by cat ops at Jones, Vail, and Buffalo Passes. That really sucks about Aspen, though.

Hmmm, yeah. Depends on the land/permit, I guess. The op out of Ski Cooper runs on public land, but runs their op right out of the ski area - their roads are fair game IF you can get to them, and getting to them from places outside the ski area is tricky (especially on low-vis days), and naturally, they won't let you ride sleds through the ski area.....

Vail and Steamboat's permit lets them limit sled use to established routes. Jones Pass is fair game, all of it, and I wonder how they stay afloat - that place gets HAMMERED by sleds.

If I'm inferring correctly from the limited info I've found so far, the SJU op runs on public land which has groomed/marked sled routes all through it. I'd be a bit surprised if their permit allows closure of "their" areas, but who knows. Looks like there's parking at DMR to access the sled-legal routes (among other parking), so...hrmmm.

It appears as though SJU runs their cat from the ski area boundary out to wherever they ski. Dunno. I have to think there's good skiing out there, and certainly nowhere near the traffic of the other places, due to location/population density. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannix View Post
    Vail and Steamboat's permit lets them limit sled use to established routes. Jones Pass is fair game, all of it, and I wonder how they stay afloat - that place gets HAMMERED by sleds.
    Chip has deeeep pockets. He just wanted his own a cat op and most of the guides already work for his snowmobile op.

Chip has deeeep pockets. He just wanted his own a cat op and most of the guides already work for his snowmobile op.
    That's about all that makes sense. Nice guys, but I don't know that I'd be stoked paying for what I know to ski @ Jones.

I brought this up before and you never responded. Do you know something an entire community does not? Chip Besse does not own Powder Addiction. He is some how affiliated with Bob Fanch who owns Devils Thumb Ranch. He is a big boy real estate developer now. I don't know him personally but I do know that his attitude is rubbing a whole bunch of people the wrong way.

If he is your boy, that is cool and all but you might want to either brush up on your facts or drop the knowledge. This might seem all out of place and aggro but when a name pops up and that person is responsible for upsetting the apple cart is this little podunk cow town, i take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I brought this up before and you never responded.
    Didn't see it.

I haven't seen Chip in a few years, but yes, I like him.
    He had something to do with it, he invited a bunch a guy up for three days, when it first opened.
    I didn't go, but they all had a good time.
    Said the sledding was better than the skiing.

I know a couple of the Powder Addiction guides, have skied with some on their off days, have interacted with others while out sled skiing. Good people, knowledgeable, courteous to sled skiers as long as you're not impeding their operation, big supporters of avy education programs like Friends of Berthoud Pass. The cat roads they put in are quite convenient for sled skiers. The guests all look like they're having a good time when I run into them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I know a couple of the Powder Addiction guides, have skied with some on their off days, have interacted with others while out sled skiing. Good people, knowledgeable, courteous to sled skiers as long as you're not impeding their operation, big supporters of avy education programs like Friends of Berthoud Pass. The cat roads they put in are quite convenient for sled skiers. The guests all look like they're having a good time when I run into them out there.
    Agreed. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them. Vail, too. We once had a stuck sled just off the road @ Jones, the Powder Addiction guys were out for training (early season). We were busy digging, saw the cat coming up the hill, waved, heh, ooops....all of a sudden, ALL of them were there. They parked the cat, jumped out, ran over, one-two-three-unstuck. Rad. I like those guys.

Steamboat, otoh...eh, their attitude got _bad_ last season, which freaking irritated me, being dicks WILL NOT help their cause (and I go way, way out of my way to not interfere with catops).

Well Steamboat Powdercats had to deal with asshole sledders and snowbikes riding off trail and into their tenure a lot last year. So they can be grumpy if they don't know you I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Well Steamboat Powdercats had to deal with asshole sledders and snowbikes riding off trail and into their tenure a lot last year. So they can be grumpy if they don't know you I guess.
    Wholeheartedly agree that last year was bad wrt people riding off established routes, but their crappy attitude is NOT going to make things any better - I don't expect special treatment from them (or any of the catops), and I don't get the shitty attitude from the other catops I encounter, even from new guides I don't recognize.

I've been skiing at buff for a while, as a customer and sled skier. Last year was bad, and I'm NOT "that guy." I go out of my way to make nice with the cat ops, our lives are better because of them. I sometimes ski in areas with no cat ops, and while fun, it is a different game altogether. I like the catops. Powdercats hired a couple (not all. ...very much not all) of shitheads last year; if they ticked me off, I can only imagine how "those guys" interpreted their cheery demeanor.

MOST of them were great. One in particular really ticked us off. I generally like them, but last year stood out for us; chatting with another group of sled skiers last year suggests it was not just us that noticed it - the guys we spoke with noticed the same changes; like us, they'd been around a while & appreciate them, not combative. Oh well. Hopefully better next year, hopefully the boundaries are enforced more strongly next year.

Iain

Yep there were some newbies at SB PC so I can understand

Hey Guys, wanted to show you the new stuff coming out this season, we're very excited about the racks capabilities and also the performance when carrying external devices, like skis/snowboards.

You can check out more at www.mo-pros.com or shoot us an email: support@mo-pros.com

Name:	AJ GR Series Measurement Text.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	510.0 KB 
ID:	186179

Name:	AJ GR Series Inside Cut Out.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	563.7 KB 
ID:	186180

Name:	Bracket and Strap Mono Kit.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	457.3 KB 
ID:	186182

Name:	Bracket and Strap Full Kit.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	513.0 KB 
ID:	186183
    Last edited by MoPros; 08-12-2016 at 12:04 PM.