Page 1584 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 ... LastLast
Results 39,576 to 39,600 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Why is stainless rusting at my house? And what heavy metals are therefore coming out of the Chinesium?
    Is it possible that you have heavily chlorinated water or do soften your water with salt?

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    Is it possible that you have heavily chlorinated water or do soften your water with salt?
    My guess would be that there is iron in the water that is depositing in the kettle when boiling, not that the stainless steel is rusting. My parents place has this issue.

Shit that annoys you

Why is stainless rusting at my house? And what heavy metals are therefore coming out of the Chinesium?
    Heavily chlorinated water, or acid salts in your (community) aquifer? Copper pipes leaching onto your bath and kitchen tubs and toilet? Only thing I can think of that would cause stainless steel to corrode like you described.

Or as Mr deJong described, ureic acid?

Stainless is not rust proof. Google it; lots of reasons for it to rust, including applying heat.

I'm out of the loop; please enlighten me as to why not just a teapot? Mine has served me well for decades.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'm out of the loop; please enlighten me as to why not just a teapot? Mine has served me well for decades.
    Because I want a glass one and the glass one I have has a plastic top to make it whistle. I therefore don't use the top because of the plastic. My wife won't boil water for my tea if the device doesn't make a noise and or shut off. And if I make my own tea with the glass kettle, it will invariably live on the stovetop. That will aggravate my wife. Given what's up with the electric kettle, I'm not going to go get a stainless one. I suppose I could get an enameled one. See previous point about shit living on the stovetop. Also, the electric is sorta cool because it has multiple temperature set points for different beverages. Why can't they make an all glass electric kettle?

A dedicated kettle is faster. If you boil water multiple times a day and have the counterspace, it's a nice thing to have. And it turns off when the water boils, so no jumping up when the kettle whistles.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

But doesn't your water just get cold? I mean, if you want to boil water,, don't you want to just use it when it boils? It's like 3 minutes depending on volume and altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A dedicated kettle is faster. If you boil water multiple times a day and have the counterspace, it's a nice thing to have. And it turns off when the water boils, so no jumping up when the kettle whistles.
    More efficient, faster, auto shut off, don’t have a kettle on the stove top, fancy ones can control the water temp., don’t have a residual hot surface just for the tea kettle, etc

But doesn't your water just get cold? I mean, if you want to boil water,, don't you want to just use it when it boils? It's like 3 minutes depending on volume and altitude.
    The fancy ones will hold the temperature.

People are fucked.

People are fucked.
    It’s totally a lifestyle choice worthy of derision.

Old fucks arguing about how they boil their water. Is this what TGR has come to?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Old fucks arguing about how they boil their water. Is this what TGR has come to?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbel051H7-s

Shit that annoys you

a kettle is good if you don’t have a gas stove

if the power goes out you use your camp stove

I’m not arguing

I’m just saying
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

It shouldn’t bother me… but the fact that RedWings and Thorogoods are now a fashion boot for the hipster crowd is some shit that annoys me…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    It shouldn’t bother me… but the fact that RedWings and Thorogoods are now a fashion boot for the hipster crowd is some shit that annoys me…

Red Wings are garbage compared to Thorogoods if we’re talking about moc toe work boots. I think it’s great that people are wearing them, hopefully they can keep production of their US made boots going

tea
    I think I've found the problem!

This annoys me...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221008_225828835.jpeg 
Views:	165 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	429404
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    a kettle is good if you don’t have a gas stove

if the power goes out you use your camp stove

I’m not arguing

I’m just saying
    I gots a gas stove still. It was handy the one time in 20 years that the power went out for more than a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    This annoys me...

Aww relax. He's probably a cop.

The reason old fucks want an electric kettle that turns itself off when the water boils is because if we use a regular tea kettle we forget to turn the gas off and we burn the house down. That said, I use a tea kettle on the stove (on the rare occasions I drink tea--when I make Chinese food) and my wife does it in the microwave.

I was trying to organize my shop and I must have 20 jigs and templates that I can't remember what they're for. I should throw them out since I never make the same thing twice but I can't bring myself to do it. And even the ones I know I'm sure I'll never use--another pencil post bed? Sliding dovetails? Nope.

So I get ready to make dinner (szechuan chicken) and the kitchen light on a ceiling fan is flickering so I take it apart using a headlamp and the soldered connection to one of the sockets is badly corroded and charred. There are 2 more sockets that are probably as bad and the lights can't be aimed anymore--they just flop. I run over to HD to get another cheap ceiling fan but when I go to hang it the headlamp dies and there are no more AAA's in the house. Correction--there are 3 AAA's in the battery bin, but 2 of the 3 are dead. I did manage to get dinner cooked so I can't be too annoyed. And if anyone is interested, I had a coke, not tea.

you shouldn’t do coke you’re too old
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    This annoys me...

This man is clearly outstanding in his field.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    you shouldn’t do coke with out hookers, that's weird.
    Fify