How's the spring/summer ski mountaineering in Pagosa Springs CO?

I'm from CO so I'm familiar with the area but I've only been over Wolf Creek pass once

Are the Weminuche and South San Juan areas pretty hard to access? I see a few 3500ft+ lines around the area

Quote Originally Posted by sharkk View Post
    I'm from CO so I'm familiar with the area but I've only been over Wolf Creek pass once

Are the Weminuche and South San Juan areas pretty hard to access? I see a few 3500ft+ lines around the area
    some of it is hard to access, yes, but the train provides some really cool access to parts (west side of the Weminuche).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    some of it is hard to access, yes, but the train provides some really cool access to parts (west side of the Weminuche).

That's not very close to Pagosa though, right? Over an hour away? I'm talking the areas south and west of Wolf Creek pass

but yeah I have skied off the train before

Quote Originally Posted by sharkk View Post
    That's not very close to Pagosa though, right? Over an hour away? I'm talking the areas south and west of Wolf Creek pass

but yeah I have skied off the train before
    yeah, it's an hour to Durango and then however long the train is. But distances in SW Colorado are different and less bothersome.

I think I still have an old "guide book" for WC Pass that was once posted online and the subject of much consternation from the locals way back when, I'd be happy to share, but it wasn't focused on spring/summer objectives.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There's parking at Wolf Creek Pass- people are always frolicking up the mountain from there. Closer to town, there are a number or forest access roads that open as snow recedes.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Does FrankZappa still check in around here? He'd be your huckleberry for that area.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I do not know about south and west. Are you talking Montezuma, Conejos area.
    off your knees Louie