Page 126 of 235 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 5864
    Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Wednesday is looking good in The Zone. Posse forming.
    Oof. Wish I could hang. Should be great because I will be in CO.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    You’re assuming that each visitor only went to the McGlades once. The case mentioned in the article suggests that visitors are making more than one trip per season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had.a.long conversation with the guy who's making the film. He was trying to say the.samw thing. The Dutch hill stats state clearly it s visits.

He was then.trying to say the DH numbers didn t make sense but the BG stats possibly meant what to are implying. We did some math. 16 weeks of a study. 200 ppl a week which fits his personal observations having gone there 20 times equals 3200 visits. Fairly clear the.wording is awkward but they mean skier visits, not 3200 skiers hitting it multiple times. He admitted that the number they published more accurately represents what he may have spent in the area after 20 visits. Finally he begrudgingly admitted the number "seem off". Gee, ya think. Can t believe they published that load of garbage. I can't wait until I hear some moron quote those figures to me as fact. People are really stupid it seems. The study at Dutch was the month of January. The time frame for the Brandon Gap glqdes was January to April.

Nice day to fly a kite as long as you use 2" cable and have carbon fiber kite rods. 148mph wind gust just after 7am recorded by mwobs this morning, highest in a decade+. Nothing that stiff slopeside at Jay but easily gusting 60+ with downslope winds. Morning walk on the golf course with the dogs was quite an adventure.

Now I have "visited", I'll account for my cash infusion to the RASTA neighborhood. Warning, it wasn't much; I bought a pound of Extra Dark Coffee, a coffee refill and a cookie at Sandy's.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    I had.a.long conversation with the guy who's making the film. He was trying to say the.samw thing. The Dutch hill stats state clearly it s visits.

He was then.trying to say the DH numbers didn t make sense but the BG stats possibly meant what to are implying. We did some math. 16 weeks of a study. 200 ppl a week which fits his personal observations having gone there 20 times equals 3200 visits. Fairly clear the.wording is awkward but they mean skier visits, not 3200 skiers hitting it multiple times. He admitted that the number they published more accurately represents what he may have spent in the area after 20 visits. Finally he begrudgingly admitted the number "seem off". Gee, ya think. Can t believe they published that load of garbage. I can't wait until I hear some moron quote those figures to me as fact. People are really stupid it seems. The study at Dutch was the month of January. The time frame for the Brandon Gap glqdes was January to April.
    The person who did the study, IIRC is a grad student at UVM. This came from a presentation I attended. He placed electronic counters at the trailheads and then collected that data at various points during the season. When he visited the areas he used his observations to confirm the info from his counter. He admitted visitation numbers are not perfect. the meter does not account for non skiers, multiple passes (ie skied to the road headed up again), people passing trailhead multiple times for say forgotten items. The study is flawed. The dollar amounts are way off in regard to BC skiers. My guess somewhere deep in the tourism boards info there’s a figure that on average tourists to VT spends x dollars per day. I didn’t have time to question his dollar amounts or learn how they came to be.

It's the best damn day of the year! For iceboating...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0113.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	305.1 KB 
ID:	268869  

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Even if you wanted to, I don’t believe there’s a spot between Dutch Hill and Mass to spend $583.
    It's actually pretty easy if you stop at every mom and pop stand with a maple leaf sign out front and buy 5-10 gallons of syrup at each one. It's a good investment and it's always nice to have a few extra on hand...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    My guess somewhere deep in the tourism boards info there’s a figure that on average tourists to VT spends x dollars per day. I didn’t have time to question his dollar amounts or learn how they came to be.
    My guess is this is true. It really calls into question the entire tourism model as o have been saying for years and getting a lot of hate for. We need to be honest about the economics and get more juice for the squeeze.

My guess is this is true. It really calls into question the entire tourism model as o have been saying for years and getting a lot of hate for. We need to be honest about the economics and get more juice for the squeeze.
    So what's your solution? I mean, instead of just constantly bitching about it all the time over multiple internet forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

12` and as windy as it has ever been bob. snorth mostly on winhold at the moment. Watched a patroller on Steins with the binocs. He had a moment and stood still after for 4-5 minutes before zorroing and sideslipping the rest of the way. Trail is now closed. Wind likely blew all of the groomer till off the trails leaving corrugated ice culvert behind. Nice and cozy inside.

An hour spent looking around found no survey results, guess I'll reach out to CTA and see if they'll give it up. The Blueberry Lake study was funny as ever with the numbers they claim though no where near as high.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 9.21.08 AM.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	268872

.facebook.com/CatamountTrail

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^nailed the tunes, VT-F!

It’s Ice alright. Man what a shitty week of weather.
    crab in my shoe mouth

long slides possible today. found this in a history book:

Name:	IMG_4610.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	268889
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Well next week looks good. I spoke to someone who was at SB yesterday and he said that there was decent skiing with lots of soft springlike snow. today is another story.

That wasn't snow.

How is the base in the woods after the thaw earlier this week? Hoping they will be skiable after the snow midweek. Planning on heading up wed.

Also, when does Magic make the call on opening for a snow day? What's the best (cheapest) way of buying a lift ticket for those days?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    So what's your solution? I mean, instead of just constantly bitching about it all the time over multiple internet forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    How about honesty instead of just flaming me for pointing out the utter stupidity of the hype machine?

The Bush was way better than expected today. No crowds, decent granular snow and plenty of sun. I’ve had worse ski days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    How is the base in the woods after the thaw earlier this week? Hoping they will be skiable after the snow midweek. Planning on heading up wed.
    Exposure and Elevation, Should be okay where it was plentiful. 8-10 inches will help, but it will be prone to sloughing off. Switch on the terrain trap awareness.

Also, when does Magic make the call on opening for a snow day?
    They spell that out on their site

What's the best (cheapest) way of buying a lift ticket for those days?
    Online is good for riding lifts; skins are a 5 years EYT powder-pass
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Name:	AD685A54-B4F2-4059-89BE-21A93BEC5E90.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	831.2 KB 
ID:	268923

Tug delivers....

How about honesty instead of just flaming me for pointing out the utter stupidity of the hype machine?
    Dave’s work/ town attempting to cash in on the marketing spin of the BC world.

Name:	A52D6C5E-AA9D-43E0-BA67-EC449A4A78F3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	739.1 KB 
ID:	268928

Oh the hypocrisy, I fart in your general direction, DaveNJ.
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

Also, when does Magic make the call on opening for a snow day? What's the best (cheapest) way of buying a lift ticket for those days?
    If you're asking about the base in the woods at Magic, it's non-existent. 12+ inches won't fix that. Further north, it should be fine. Prior to this most recent setback, the snow levels on Mt. Mansfield were at record high levels (since they started recording in 1954). 98" settled at the stake on 1/31.

Let's respect that real life/board personality border folks, c'mon. Spew all you want, but keep folk's day-to-day out of it. #fakemoralpolice

I skied... 2 runs at K today. Also uncrowded and well groomed to sugar, but pretty much all joey slalom everywhere. For personal safety I pulled the cord and went snowshoeing instead. Gotta use those things once in a while I guess. Cheers you silly geese, we'll get through this 273rd thaw freeze of 18/19, I promise.

It was time for skates today.

Name:	IMG_2577.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	258.3 KB 
ID:	268936

Pond hockey tomorrow.