Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Wow, insanity. BTW, Global News was saying the adult day pass will be $130CDN. So like, 8 bucks American

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Situation as of 7:10 this morning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wb11172017.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	216427

I regret coming here already. I'm not sure what I was expecting. In sure my fine will change once I get out of this line.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I regret coming here already. I'm not sure what I was expecting.
    hahahah

Well, at least those few thousand people who will be standing in line for ?? hours aren't being rained on.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I regret coming here already. I'm not sure what I was expecting. In sure my fine will change once I get out of this line.
    I laughed very hard at this

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    yeah you can normally tour, but its up to patrol whether they open the "gates". Generally its a good bet they will be at some point if the avi conditions are favorable

also. its fucking deep up there!
    Thank you!

I take it back.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Coverage looks sick for this time of year from the social mediaz. Two questions for those up today:

1) Is temp boundary open up Pika's to Harmony?

2) How bad were guest services lines (Creekside especially)? Did they have any extra stations or anything to deal with the masses?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Coverage looks sick for this time of year from the social mediaz. Two questions for those up today:

1) Is temp boundary open up Pika's to Harmony?

2) How bad were guest services lines (Creekside especially)? Did they have any extra stations or anything to deal with the masses?
    A friend posted a pic hiking up Pika's so it much be open.

lol whistler.

I went skiing today...saw one person.

Obnoxious village lines ups for equally ridiculous great snow. Amazing how many of the lemmings fucked off on traverses when the mid mountain was untracked. Many thx.
    Things are shaping up, left at noon, did they pop the sign line above t-bars this afternoon?
    Clownshoe, what’s the plan w the alpine in the coming days

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Vail North aka Whistler Conditions 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Obnoxious village lines ups for equally ridiculous great snow. Amazing how many of the lemmings fucked off on traverses when the mid mountain was untracked. Many thx.
    Things are shaping up, left at noon, did they pop the sign line above t-bars this afternoon?
    Clownshoe, what’s the plan w the alpine in the coming days

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Mike D posted a pic from above Sun Bowl so I assume they did... looks like people skiing to the village too?

Desk jockeying hard from cubicle land here.

great opening day! deep laps, and not bad lines. We hit Pika's to the closure at the camel humps this morning, not sure if it opened later. We hiked to P2C too, and that was also great coverage right to the valley. Way more consolidated than last years opening and I'd argue way better coverage overall.

Awesome opening day. Arrived at Creekside guest services at 7:45, pass in hand around 8:15, and hopped on the Gondi. As I was leaving guest services the line was out the door and over the bridge.

Coverage was great and I was almost disappointed I brought my skinny rock skis, but did manage to hit a few rocks to make it worth while. If the forecast for this weekend comes in Sunday should be sick (other than the fact that it's sure to be a shitshow).

^^^Nice. Have a great winter, killer start!

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Closure was at the saddle as of 2:30pm. We went into the horseshoes/gunbarrels. decent enough coverage. Still lots of hazards out there so take it easy. Its a long season...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171117_084138.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	929.4 KB 
ID:	216546

Hardly any snow.. so disappointed

Great ski day, but my pass was a pain in the ass. I received my pass in the mail 5 weeks ago. I got to the gondola turnstile and my pass
    doesn't work. An employee takes me aside, asked for my pass, I give it to him, he checks a computer and scans it and says there's a
    problem with it and they have to print me a new one. They did it right there, it took 5 min or so and he showed me a maybe 3" stack of passes that he said had to be taken and reprinted so far.

So I have my new pass.Once up the mountain, my pass didn't work at any of the lift gates and there was always a employee with a wand with a card at the end he would wave at the sensor, the turnstile would open. It worked once on Red chair in the afternoon and I thought "great it's fixed now". I did 3 more laps and it never worked again.
    Apparently a lot of people had this problem.

Skied out to the valley. Went straight to guest relations to sort it... this took about 45 min, shitshow, but lots of people working. They ended up printing a new pass again and assured me that it works.... I hope so.
    I also asked about my sons pass, I received it in the mail one week ago. They said the computer said it was valid but it was flagged for the waiver. Had to fill out the waiver and they filled in the computer and said that it was good to go and not flagged anymore .
    I hope so, I don't want to have thru go thru this with my kid tomorrow . Also was never notified about the waiver, it would have been more bs to go through in the morning if I hadn't asked about my kids pass.
    It will be nuts at the base tomorrow.
    Still great early season day.

How was the first Saturday of the season? Did they open any more of the mountain for the crowds?

Still Emerald/Red for a little while I think.

Creekside wasn't that busy, got in line around 7:45 after waiting for my buddy to get his pass, took about 10-15 minutes maybe at 7:30. We were at the top of Pika's by 9:10am. Emerald waits were maybe 10min/half to 2/3 of the lift line full maybe.

Patrol pushed the sign line down to camel humps around 10am, not sure if it was due to weather/avalanche concerns or it was never supposed to be open today in the first place. Still lots of awesome pow skiing accessible from there considering it didn't snow overnight. Very stoked on the day, much better than I expected.

Where was everyone today? In line at guest services getting their passes? That was an awesome day.

Gutted I had obligations today. Ah well, can’t complain... looks like a pineapple mid week and then back to better conditions. Wondering if it will be enough to consolidate down to the Nov 9 crust layer.

glad i was convinced not to go to baker. got to creekside guest services at 745, out by 815, on gondy by 830. nuking all day with no more than 5 min lift lines. makes no sense. best early season day ever for me.

tomorrow will be special if the sun comes out. heard bombing so maybe some alpine will open? hoping some alpine stays closed for next weekend so i can come back and tour.

Sick day today. Was super pumped to be out there. Things were refreshing and crowds were much smaller than expected.

Ended the day on a downer though... lost a ski and was never able to find it despite an hour and a half of digging. Planning on heading back tomorrow with shovel and probe. And these were my nice pow boards - switched out from the rock skis after seeing how good coverage was on Friday!

Anybody have any pointers on finding a buried ski?