Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1663
    Skied Stevens today. Found dust on crust out back and soft snow on the front side. I’ll probably be back up there tomorrow wearing some Coug colors (Crimson coat, Grey pants) rocking either SuperGoats or X88s.

Hoping for some guidance for next week as I'm new to the PNW snowpack/weather cycles. Temps are supposed to ramp up quite a bit across western Washington beginning Monday, and I pre-purchased lift tickets for Crystal for a few days next week. I've heard all the crustal jokes, but how bad could things potentially be during the mornings considering the lows are supposed to stay below freezing but then jump up to 50-55 during the day? Should I sleep in and arrive later to allow things to thaw a bit?

In hindsight I would have not bought the tickets had I known it would be so warm (bought them over a month ago when the boss approved me taking PTO for the week), but I'm trying to make the best of it now...
    "If I could have any K2 skis this year I'd go with the Volkl Gotamas." - Monique

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    Hoping for some guidance for next week as I'm new to the PNW snowpack/weather cycles. Temps are supposed to ramp up quite a bit across western Washington beginning Monday, and I pre-purchased lift tickets for Crystal for a few days next week. I've heard all the crustal jokes, but how bad could things potentially be during the mornings considering the lows are supposed to stay below freezing but then jump up to 50-55 during the day? Should I sleep in and arrive later to allow things to thaw a bit?

In hindsight I would have not bought the tickets had I known it would be so warm (bought them over a month ago when the boss approved me taking PTO for the week), but I'm trying to make the best of it now...
    You’re over thinking it man. Just go. You’ll have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You’ll have fun.
    Don't forget to check out the umbrella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Don't forget to check out the umbrella.
    Biggest in North America.

Sun will soften things pretty quick and you'll see how the run/mtn. orientation plays with that. Look forward to the good weather and ski that mutha up!

and the view from the top never gets old.....

It'll be fine, unless you're hell bent on skiing terrain that would suck anywhere in the same conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    and the view from the top never gets old.....
    You've been to the top of umbrella?

Jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You've been to the top of umbrella?

Jealous.
    The button on top is a little big, but with some CBD lube it works just fine. Don't blame you for being jealous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

If there’s a thaw and rerfreeze just follow the sun. Xtal has a lot of steep north facing (all three bowls and the king) - if it doesn’t get too warm you will be in good shape- if not ... well...

I mean, if you don't like skiing spring conditions, you should probably avoid booking ski vacations in the spring.

Crystal should keep you entertained. Lots of terrain and area to explore straight off a lift, or with a little bootpacking. Plus the view from the top is stunning. I highly suggest you ride the gondola up first time and face the mountain, youll get that "oh shit!" moment about 95% of the way to the top.

Should I sleep in and arrive later to allow things to thaw a bit?
    Yes.

Mostly sunny with temps in the mid-40s... pretty prime for spring skiing.

Thanks guys - I guess my over-analyzing brain was worried it might be a slush fest considering how high the temps are supposed to be. Looking forward to it now!
    "If I could have any K2 skis this year I'd go with the Volkl Gotamas." - Monique

Apologies in advance for noobie question:
    I’m flying up to Crystal next week for the FWQ event- anyone know the easiest way to get from the airport up to the hill without renting a car? Shuttles, ride shares, etc?
    Google and Crystal’s website don’t seem to be super helpful...

Ass, Grass, or Cash.

Where are you actually staying? At Crystal or somwhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Yeah, much needed improvement. Now they need to scrap Chair 1 and replace it with a fixed grip quad at the minimum.
    Yes buuut

Quote Originally Posted by Liftblog
    If all goes according to planned, Mission Ridge guests can be the only ones in the world to ride a classic Riblet double chair to a bubble detachable next winter.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Yes buuut
    Chair one is the Achilles heel. High speed quad from bottom to top with a mid station unload/load I should add. Remember midloading on the old chair one at Baker. Flying up that ramp...
    Last edited by wickstad; 03-15-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Ass, Grass, or Cash.

Where are you actually staying? At Crystal or somwhere else?
    Yep- up at the hill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAE86333-BD85-4BBF-ACE6-47B6510DFDC6.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	275307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69FA36C7-A469-4319-8DA8-3E136F11AF3C.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	275308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3895D13B-62C8-4FCA-B4AD-641006ACBAEA.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	402.8 KB 
ID:	275309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	592044CE-F858-4D63-B49E-30EA250C466E.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	275310Still skiing at Mission. Almost fifty degrees but snow is still pretty good on the piste.

Good corn skiing from this past weekend up at Mt. McCausland.

Name:	00029XTR_00029_BURST20190316130637~2.jpg 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	275313

Name:	PSFix_20190316_151021.jpg 
Size:	719.0 KB 
ID:	275314

I got a favor to ask as a former PNW resident. Can one of you shine the light on Missoulians about definition of mediocre. Preferably with a picture or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post

Are these shots from 8 mile Peak or somewhere nearby? 2nd pic is Daniel/Citadel?

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    I got a favor to ask as a former PNW resident. Can one of you shine the light on Missoulians about definition of mediocre. Preferably with a picture or two.
    Can someone send him a picture of a really small umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    I think you might know more about mediocre these days than us. Judging by the transplants getting sick of winter’s over abundance in your neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Are these shots from 8 mile Peak or somewhere nearby? 2nd pic is Daniel/Citadel?
    Both are from Jim Hill.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app