Page 1466 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 ... LastLast
Results 36,626 to 36,650 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    The whole Nirvana MTV Unplugged is incredible. Kurt's end with Where Did You Sleep Last Night haunts me every time I hear it.

The set with black candles and white lillies to represent a funeral, the song list, and the fact that (afaik) this was the last music he recorded all contribute toward the levity of the final song.

Maybe not your jam.

It always hits me where it hurts.
    Great album and my favorite track on there, also. He was an absolute fucking genius when it came to music.

Must not have kept up with the water today, feels like I'm trying to crap out a bowling ball. And I didn't even take any opioids.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642189518.615816.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	401134

There are so many ways to avoid that.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Well, first get a new garbage disposal (previous discussions) cuz yer old one can't even homogenize a HB egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post

Name:	Image1642189518.615816.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	401134
    I hear ya man! Even tho I’ve tried a multitude of ideas to avoid that, there seems to be one mother fucker who just doesn’t want to be peeled every so often.

Buy an Instant Pot and hard-boil your eggs using it. Shell comes off in one piece almost every time!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Buy an Instant Pot and hard-boil your eggs using it. Shell comes off in one piece almost every time!
    Buying an instant pot to boil an egg--that's what's wrong with this country.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Buying an instant pot to boil an egg--that's what's wrong with this country.
    Well, if you're only using it for that you're doing it wrong. They're pretty useful all around.

Have one, still every now and then one little sumbeech rebels.

A little salt and a little vinegar in the water helps make they easier to peel. That and shocking them with some cold water once you take them out - just time it correctly because you will obviously stop cooking with residual heat quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    A little salt and a little vinegar in the water helps make they easier to peel. That and shocking them with some cold water once you take them out - just time it correctly because you will obviously stop cooking with residual heat quicker.
    And still, despite all that, eggs sometimes rebels. Especially if they are fresh. When we had hens I would go buy eggs at the store if I needed a whole bunch of hard-boiled at once.

Our (gigantic) school district just announced that next year they are moving start times for elementary schools back to 9 AM (from 8:25) and high schools up to 7:00 AM. Middle schools are in the middle. Basically they're doing it to save money as they can use some buses on three rounds instead of two and so use less of them. I find this is outrageous as every single academic study finds that high schoolers perform better with later start times. Our district is already terrible and this sure isn't going to help them. Plus, it makes it harder for parents with normal time jobs to drop the kids off. Just so short-sighted all around.

Truth!

Did someone mention eggs?

Name:	egg.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	1,004.0 KB 
ID:	401154

Name:  egg1.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  202.0 KB

Name:  egg7.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  170.6 KB

Name:  egg6.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  188.5 KB
    Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    Did someone mention eggs?

Name:	egg.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	1,004.0 KB 
ID:	401154

Name:  egg1.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  202.0 KB

Name:  egg7.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  170.6 KB

Name:  egg6.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  188.5 KB
    This was not annoying.

I didn't know that eggs put out beacon signals. Learn something new every day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Must carry bacon and eggs to cover dog and beacon avi rescue.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Our (gigantic) school district just announced that next year they are moving start times for elementary schools back to 9 AM (from 8:25) and high schools up to 7:00 AM. Middle schools are in the middle. Basically they're doing it to save money as they can use some buses on three rounds instead of two and so use less of them. I find this is outrageous as every single academic study finds that high schoolers perform better with later start times. Our district is already terrible and this sure isn't going to help them. Plus, it makes it harder for parents with normal time jobs to drop the kids off. Just so short-sighted all around.
    Cry me a fucking river.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Cry me a fucking river.
    Whatever, old man.

High school test scores and placement can drive a district's home values. The extra two hours for first start Calculus is no fuckn joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Whatever, old man.

High school test scores and placement can drive a district's home values. The extra two hours for first start Calculus is no fuckn joke.
    Pulleez. I was taking calc in 10th grade and I left every morning at 5:00 to do so. And then I took calc at the university, again, in 11th grade, again at 5 in the morning. Then calc 2 in 12th. It was boring, but I found plenty of other ways to amuse myself during the long commute.

OMG, outrageous!

Wrong fucking thread.

Cry me a fucking river.
    wut?

He's right, our school district is doing the exact opposite, moving high school start times later because of those studies. And 9am is way late for working parents to be dropping off elementary age kids. And in any event, it sure seems like an appropriate post in a "shit that annoys you" thread, not to mention that you're not exactly the best person to judge what challenges a parent. Because a, you're not one, and b, your childhood was not the same as most.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Pulleez. I was taking calc in 10th grade and I left every morning at 5:00 to do so.
    so fucking what? You want a medal for that? I left at the crack of fucking dawn every day for my 1 hour commute to school, that doesn't mean that I'm awesome or that it made sense from an education point of view.

Pulleez. I was taking calc in 10th grade and I left every morning at 5:00 to do so. And then I took calc at the university, again, in 11th grade, again at 5 in the morning. Then calc 2 in 12th. It was boring, but I found plenty of other ways to amuse myself during the long commute.

OMG, outrageous!
    uphill both ways in a snowstorm

Do kids know how to take public transit, or use a bike or their legs anymore to get an education?