Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Just think of the new corvette as you would think of the Yanko Camaro. The Yanko is a pure drag car. 1000bhp and fast. It is built to go very fast, and in a straight line, or around an oval. Nothing else. It has no quality of finish. The corvette, other than a few 1980s models, have always been built for speed, great handling and sexy exterior looks. I don't anticipate anything different here. This is a niche for the car, for sure, and it certainly will have a market.
    Auto publications are always comparing the corvette to european super cars, and they perform admirably. I'm more concerned about the vehicle's finish and sustainablility.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    it IS a slick looking vehicle, and it has been in recent years too not sure why it gets looked down on, other than being American & affordable
    [i'm discounting the interior]
    when GM killed off support for racing in the early 60s it became a boulevard cruiser was extraordinarily anemic performance wise in the 70s and the reinterest in racing (00s) came too late to change minds because sportscars don't sell like they used too.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    when GM killed off support for racing in the early 60s it became a boulevard cruiser was extraordinarily anemic performance wise in the 70s and the reinterest in racing (00s) came too late to change minds because sportscars don't sell like they used too.
    Right? The Corvette C6R and C7R race teams have just dominated for a lot of the last decade but it's hard to turn public perception when most people don't watch racing and think of this when you say Corvette:

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    yeah, chevy never quite got a handle on interior design & componentry
    Like exterior design is so great.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Like all 'vettes, this new model will be great for a year or so, until the cheapness of the interior craftsmanship and quality of build starts rearing its ugly head. It's not that the vette will get out handled or get its ass kicked by a Ferrari or a Porsche, but it will break down and rattle after 50K.
    And still sell for 30k on the used market.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Right? The Corvette C6R and C7R race teams have just dominated for a lot of the last decade but it's hard to turn public perception when most people don't watch racing and think of this when you say Corvette:

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And still sell for 30k on the used market.
    See what I mean?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Absolutely.

Release date was pushed back a few months to work out electrical problems.. I’d wait until 21’ or 22’.

In other news... dealerships are giving away the last remaining inventory of front engine vettes. I know a half dozen people that were able to swing a nice deal... I want to say one guy told me he walked away paying sub $40k cash. GM forced dealerships to buy up the remaining inventory and they know damn well they will be stuck once this hits the market.
    Wait. You know a half dozen white bearded old retired Boomers who bought Vettes in the last year or so? Are you a member of a Vette club in Orlando?

My dad was always kind of a car guy, but never real serious about it. Picked up a used C6 corvette that had spent most of its life as a sunday car for another old guy. And it's fun. He can go fast when he wants but the guts are reliable and it turns on every time he wants to start it - none of the finicky bits of, say, an older muscle car. Interior is kind of chintzy and plastickey but so what. All of that said, the new vette probably isn't the car for him, nor do I think he's the target market.

Wait. You know a half dozen white bearded old retired Boomers who bought Vettes in the last year or so? Are you a member of a Vette club in Orlando?
    No... but I know a half dozen people who bought vettes in the last 4 months in the Detroit area.

I work at a country club. I talk to people for a living.

caddy shack^^ ?

So do I want a corvette or a porsche or ferrari ?

Corvette comes in last cuz it just won't taste the same

WELL " whats the point " when car makers are shutting down car lines and everybody either wants to buy a PU truck or an EV ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Hopefully it has many "never before" features:

No... but I know a half dozen people who bought vettes in the last 4 months in the Detroit area.

Are you the valet?

I have a very small sample size of each (porsche/Ferrari/vette). Ferrari at speed/porsche both street and speed/vette street.

All of them (and the rest) in street clothes are nothing but ego boosters for the weak. Tangible evidence of self-importance. Highly prevalent in my domain. Predominantly the midlife crisis types or the wanna be 1%r. Advertising their soft spot – mostly humorous – often pathetic. Rarely the.real.deal behind the wheel. Does occasionally happen because of the neighborhood.

The Ferrari has a balance all to its own that the prosche has a grip on, but it’s mechanical and not a flavor. The vette is fine in the dry and plenty of car to scare the majority. Its weight bias makes it un-drivable in the wet in street clothes.

Don’t/didn’t/haven’t followed the design progression. New engine placement will make this a paradigm shift for the model. Never to be even distantly associated with a 63 Split window again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bffra1n68Nk
    Question/comment @ 0.25s... No Shit? You and your brain trust came up with this all by yourselves didga?! whodathunk - I couldn’t get past 2:30
    ​I am not in your hurry

Are you the valet?
    No. But I was a valet for a long time... a long time ago.

Hey Sabo, can you make a Bull Shot?

Can you make a shoe smell?

No. But I was a test driver for a long time...
    fify
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    See what I mean?
    the newer corvette drivers have been similar to the old ones ime........

the weird part is Corvettes were never big sellers - highest production year was ~50k units. Recently (recession) Porsche made/sold more 911 variants than GM Corvettes. hell V8 Ferraris aren't rare anymore (>10k total production), just rarely driven.

Name:  lamal.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  14.8 KB

Flower class FTW
    watch out for snakes

Looks like a f-430. Not like a corvette.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It has a some similar lines to a Ford GT

But it's still a Gheyrolet

To me it’s a step in the right direction and I bet it will be thrilling AF to drive.
    But who the fuq designed that single switch row that edges the cockpit? What a dipshit.
    Wonder if that’s a proud design statement?

No one is getting it for $60k, most will be 75-85

Looks fun to me.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Is this GM's first mod engine car ever? Looks sexy as hell

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    No, and the last one came with rave reviews only to crash and LITERALLY burn... Seriously, they turned out to be fire traps..
    Also named the "Fiero" LOL!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!