Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    I just read The Monk of Mokha about a Yemeni American with no relevant experience who decided that he would restore Yemeni coffee to its once-high status. It's not just about coffee, but it's a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I drink a fuckton of Ethiopian naturals and I really like this one. It's not life changing but it is solid, with good acidity and structure while still having big fruit flavors and a decent bit of floral/tea notes.
    This would be amazing tasting notes on a coffee bag!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    yo coffee bro
    a hudge pot of bday wishes
    brewed and sent your way
    thanks
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    yo coffee bro
    a hudge pot of bday wishes
    brewed and sent your way
    thanks
    thanks buddy

got a bag of beans with your name on it the next time i see you

A few months after returning an Ode with the upgrade burrs because they wouldn’t fit, I saw Fellow was now selling the Ode with the SSP red burrs installed and pulled the trigger. Only done a few grinds so far but it is everything I’d hoped it would. This one also didn’t come with QC issues like being way out of calibration out of the box.

Just here to say

My shitty coffee tastes better in a heritage ski labs mug.

You might need one.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    A few months after returning an Ode with the upgrade burrs because they wouldn’t fit, I saw Fellow was now selling the Ode with the SSP red burrs installed and pulled the trigger. Only done a few grinds so far but it is everything I’d hoped it would. This one also didn’t come with QC issues like being way out of calibration out of the box.

Damn. Fucking jealous. What do you think of it? Seems like a giant killer.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Damn. Fucking jealous. What do you think of it? Seems like a giant killer.

It’s really good. I notice the difference on the pallet and visually. Taste wise I feel like I get more specific clearer flavors compared to my old drip grinder. I’ll have to put it against my hand grinder side by side and compare. It is also quite quite. Wife says noticeably so from the bedroom down the hall.

Saw inflation hit the Bullet 2.0. $3,800 shipped now. I may have to look at some other options.

It’s really good. I notice the difference on the pallet and visually. Taste wise I feel like I get more specific clearer flavors compared to my old drip grinder. I’ll have to put it against my hand grinder side by side and compare. It is also quite quite. Wife says noticeably so from the bedroom down the hall.

Saw inflation hit the Bullet 2.0. $3,800 shipped now. I may have to look at some other options.
    I was down between the bullet and cormorant. Picked the latter. Never tried the bullet, but still feels like the right decision based on what I read and the obvious serviceability advantages of the design. Usd-gbp exchange rate is decent enough to save 800 bucks or so over the bullet assuming a fully kitted out cormorant.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

What options did you get on the Cormorant? How do you feel about the data collection it offers?

Not much to add to the conversation yet, except to report that nearly 2 years after the OP, tgapp's generosity has reached a new level. When I was in UT a few weeks ago, I was able to collect his old roaster and bring it home. Some mild cleaning and it was ready to go. we connected over zoom and he walked me through my first few roasts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A82C11B9-0726-4924-A3DE-FDE3EBB4BD84_1_105_c.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	417073

I've done about 20 roasts in the past few weeks. It's been a fkn blast and I've never had better coffee in my life. It seems to me that coffee roasting has an ephemeral element that I think appeals to skiers. For someone who appreciates a delicious complex cup, roasting also allows you to be one step more closely connected to the daily ritual. But for me, the biggest benefit is simply accessibility to flavors and quality that are not remotely in the realm of the local roasters.

Many thanks to tgapp for creating this thread and sharing the stoke.

badass

Nice work jackattack! Enjoy the roast trip.

TGapp brings the stoke no doubt. My espresso skills are in a better place than they ‘d ever be without his guidance and encouragement. I am a disciple.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3701.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	417122
    Uno mas

I just ordered a Niche. Lol

Bianca is next.

hell yeah!!

also the fact that jackattack discovered that the amprobe temperature reader has a built-in stand (something I never understood in all my years of owning that machine) speaks to not only his mechanical prowess but also his potential as a coffee roaster.

We've got quite a few of us roasting now that I know of - old goat on the stove, mattig on a Cormorant, neufox on a Bullet, and now jackattack on the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I just ordered a Niche. Lol

Bianca is next.
    ahahahaha I should fucking earn a commission from Lelit and Niche at this point

It's amazing how much better that combination is than literally anything else at that price

ahahahaha I should fucking earn a commission from Lelit and Niche at this point

It's amazing how much better that combination is than literally anything else at that price
    The Niche will be an upgrade to Doremite's old Encore no matter what. The upgraded burrs make for a nice grind, but it's super loud and the retention is annoying. I'll hold on to it for big cold brew batches and as a backup.

My green bean supply is dwindling down. Anyone made any recent purchases they like?
    that's a question for the coffee roasting thread jong

Royal just landed in three coffees from Galo Morales, none of which I've had, but all of Galo's coffee is exceptional and I would buy without question. I'm eyeing his natural that Royal is carrying right now
    I'd be happy to buy a 2-3 kg off of anyone who picks up a box from royal.

I think my wife would really appreciate this decaf https://royalcoffee.com/product/3427097000011908052/

I’d definitely go in on one (or a couple) too.

coffee for mags - a coffee roasting trip report (& free mag coffee)

The Niche will be an upgrade to Doremite's old Encore no matter what. The upgraded burrs make for a nice grind, but it's super loud and the retention is annoying. I'll hold on to it for big cold brew batches and as a backup.

I think my wife would really appreciate this decaf https://royalcoffee.com/product/3427097000011908052/
    I was working off a Sette 270Wi but also have owned the Encore and Rocky. The Niche is just amazing in comparison. I am blown away. You won’t regret it. Stylish too!

I’ve pulled four shots so far today and all were some of my best work. So so goooood.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I was working off a Sette 270Wi but also have owned the Encore and Rocky. The Niche is just amazing in comparison. I am blown away. You won’t regret it. Stylish too!

I’ve pulled four shots so far today and all were some of my best work. So so goooood.
    I think I bought the Encore from you a while back.

I have that decaf and it's fucking dope. Best decaf I've ever had. Sent a bag to Woodsy last week.

I have that decaf and it's fucking dope. Best decaf I've ever had. Sent a bag to Woodsy last week.

Also anyone who wants a few lbs of this decaf (green or roasted, green is easier) I am happy to mail them, just let me know

We've got quite a few of us roasting now that I know of - old goat on the stove, mattig on a Cormorant, neufox on a Bullet, and now jackattack on the quest.
    95% of our beans are roasted on the back deck in a Stir Crazy/Convecton Oven rig. Would love to upgrade to a Cormorant, but the SC/CO is pretty damn good.

I think I bought the Encore from you a while back.
    You’re right! The Niche will be a an amazing upgrade for espresso
    Uno mas

Just ordered a box of that decaf and their Mexico Bella Vista. Hoping the Bella Vista will be a go to espresso.