Page 98 of 122 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3042
    Going to cross the border at the end of the month. Vaccinated, and I've just recovered so I've got a positive test result from 14-180days before entry. Has anyone been randomly selected when crossing with a recent positive test? If I remember folks can test positive for a while after recovery.

Sent from my 5007Z using Tapatalk

I hate that I'm having to follow this thread...

Sorry if I've missed this -- but if test is required for after entry for everyone soon ("The Government of Canada is increasing the number of fully vaccinated travellers being selected for testing to reach 100% of vaccinated travellers in the coming weeks.") -- how long are those test typically to turn around? I'm supposed to fly into a hut and need to figure how far ahead of time I need to cross.

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

Maybe I missed it, fully vaccinated US citizen. Will get a PCR test 72 hours before entry. Likely need a rapid test at the border.

Do I need a test to come BACK into the states?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

Do I need a test to come BACK into the states?
    Not if you are driving.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Not if you are driving.
    Sweet thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nevermind, found my answer.

Sent from my 5007Z using Tapatalk

This is confusing. So only travelers who have been to countries other than the U.S. and Canada need to quarantine until they get a negative result? Or ALL travelers need to quarantine till they get a negative result? Because that would suck. And besides, is there any real indication that omicron is any worse than other variants?

Temporary border restrictions and measures to address COVID-19 Omicron variant of concern

In effect: There are new requirements for all fully vaccinated travellers who have been in any country other than Canada and the United States in the 14 days prior to entry to Canada. Fully vaccinated travellers who are selected for arrival testing must quarantine in a suitable place until they receive a negative test result. The Government of Canada is increasing the number of fully vaccinated travellers being selected for testing to reach 100% of vaccinated travellers in the coming weeks.

I spent a long time researching and trying to understand this requirement. I cross the border from WA every weekend to ski Whistler so I have a big stake in this.

Based on the articles below, the mandatory test + quarantine until negative result only applies to travel by air. It is worded vaguely, but after reading the articles, my interpretation is that the second sentence applies to people who fit the description in the first sentence.

As in, fully vaccinated travelers (who have been in any country other than the Canada and the US in the 14 days prior to entry to Canada) who are selected for arrival testing must quarantine.. until they receive a negative test result.

One article specifically says:

Also as of November 30, all air travellers entering Canada from any country other than the U.S. must take a COVID-19 test at the airport they land in, regardless of their vaccination status.

Those passengers must then self-isolate until a negative test result is received.

Officials also confirmed that they’re prepared to extend this measure further, to include all travellers entering Canada via land and air.

"We're reminding Canadians that travel rules — and border rules, in particular — can always change," Jean-Yves Duclos, the federal minister of health, said during the conference.
    So it seems that land travelers exempt from mandatory testing + quarantine.
    US citizens exempt from air traveler mandatory testing + quarantine.
    No immediate plans to mandate testing + quarantine for land travel but it is a possible future option.

Articles:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...trip=1&vwsrc=0

https://www.narcity.com/canadas-trav...micron-variant

https://www.narcity.com/travelling-b...micron-variant

Yes I think you're right. The lack of an effective transition between those two sentences creates the confusion, but for now it appears quarantine until result is not necessary for land travelers who have only bern in the U.S. or Canada. Seems like it would be very impractical if not impossible to enforce anyway, since so many trips (like skiing) are too brief to matter.

I think what's happening in the real world is inbound passengers on international flights (other than those from the U.S.) take a test upon arrival. They are not allowed out of the airport (or whatever the quarantine area is) until their negative results comes back. I've heard that means waiting 2-3 hours typically.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    And besides, is there any real indication that omicron is any worse than other variants?
    They won't know for a few weeks yet. Hopefully it isn't.

But now "they're" saying that even if it's not deadlier than delta, if it's more contagious then that's even worse. I feel like we're being groomed for more lockdown bullshit - people can't handle another one. Hopefully the kids getting vaccinated helps punch this one in the gut.

The question is is any of this doing any measureable good? As somebody mentioned upthread, it would be significantly simplified if they just allowed travel for vaccinated people between the U.S. and Canada with no testing. IMO travelers have very little up close indoor contact with locals anyway. I had virtually none during my visit, just quick dealings with employees that would seem very unlikely to result in transmission.

IMO travelers have very little up close indoor contact with locals anyway.
    Maybe border agents should be required to ask anyone entering Canada whether they plan to have sex with any Canadians.

The question is is any of this doing any measureable good? As somebody mentioned upthread, it would be significantly simplified if they just allowed travel for vaccinated people between the U.S. and Canada with no testing. IMO travelers have very little up close indoor contact with locals anyway. I had virtually none during my visit, just quick dealings with employees that would seem very unlikely to result in transmission.
    Exactly. Given how we're now seeing the same patterns as last year with case counts, it's looking like this is just something that's gonna happen no matter what. Of course this year we are pretty much open everywhere (still have masks though) and have vaccines so things aren't looking as crazy (yet...). Might just be another example of man's hubris to believe that our lockdowns and capacity restrictions have much effect on viral transmission at all.

It was kind of funny--going into Canada I pulled up to the border window without a mask, figuring the agent would want to see my face. He immediately told me to put a mask on. On my way back into the U.S., I put a mask on before I got to the window, and the agent immediately told me to take the mask off. Pretty much a microcosm of the whole situation.

Temporary border restrictions and measures to address COVID-19 Omicron variant of concern

In effect: There are new requirements for all fully vaccinated travellers who have been in any country other than Canada and the United States in the 14 days prior to entry to Canada. Fully vaccinated travellers who are selected for arrival testing must quarantine in a suitable place until they receive a negative test result. The Government of Canada is increasing the number of fully vaccinated travellers being selected for testing to reach 100% of vaccinated travellers in the coming weeks.
    Follow up on this - seems like the border patrol has been getting enough questions on this to change their wording. The updated wording now uses the word "they" instead of "fully vaccinated travellers".

In effect: Fully vaccinated travellers who have been in any country other than Canada and the United States in the 14 days prior to entry to Canada may be selected for arrival testing. They must quarantine in a suitable place until they receive a negative test result. If they’re selected for arrival testing, they may take connecting flights to their place of quarantine.
    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...try-vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Maybe border agents should be required to ask anyone entering Canada whether they plan to have sex with any Canadians.
    And what if my intention is to negotiate a marriage to a Canadian lass for the purposes of dual citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    And what if my intention is to negotiate a marriage to a Canadian lass for the purposes of dual citizenship?
    I think it's a fine plan, but probably something you shouldn't divulge to the CBSA.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Exactly. Given how we're now seeing the same patterns as last year with case counts, it's looking like this is just something that's gonna happen no matter what. Of course this year we are pretty much open everywhere (still have masks though) and have vaccines so things aren't looking as crazy (yet...). Might just be another example of man's hubris to believe that our lockdowns and capacity restrictions have much effect on viral transmission at all.
    This comment is on point.

The Prime Minister and the Provincial Premiers are meeting tonight, and apparently on the agenda is, among other restrictions, some sort of ban/restriction on non-citizens entering the country.

Some unconfirmed info via the twitterverse here: https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/stat...46788257079299

Merry Christmas!

Update: A news article for those interested https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ures-1.5707466

Sent this to my travel buddy after we purchased flights last month. Feels like a good day to break it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	260851742_318093649895823_2916141555282416128_n.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	218.9 KB 
ID:	396695

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post
    The Prime Minister and the Provincial Premiers are meeting tonight, and apparently on the agenda is, among other restrictions, some sort of ban/restriction on non-citizens entering the country.

Some unconfirmed info via the twitterverse here: https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/stat...46788257079299

Merry Christmas!

Update: A news article for those interested https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ures-1.5707466
    Lol, and the gong show continues. Are you surprised when a drama teacher is calling the shots???

Let's try to keep a virus that's already here out of the country and vaccinate all kids who are at zero risk....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Its so confusing. How do these virus' spread anyway?
    #virusususshowdotheywork

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Its so confusing. How do these virus' spread anyway?
    #virusususshowdotheywork

....Name:  5xx0aa.jpeg
Views: 568
Size:  42.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Lol, and the gong show continues. Are you surprised when a drama teacher is calling the shots???

Let's try to keep a virus that's already here out of the country and vaccinate all kids who are at zero risk....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    You're very upset about something that hasn't happened yet.

Also, children are not at "zero risk," but you already know this and are just being intentionally obtuse.