Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Got back from up North and hit SHP. Dig the daylight savings! Where it was groomed was great. Where it wasn't, it wasn't.

Made it halfway across this bridge

Uggh, snowing again. Just as the local trails were starting to melt off to a rideable condition. I guess the fatty stays ready for a while longer.
    Name:  photo-3448213-centi.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  2.2 KB
    Sorry for the crappy quality postage stamp pic. This was yesterday in the Catskills.

The snow is missing us up here, which I'm secretly happy about. I'm going to do some NEK fatty biking Saturday assuming the trails have firmed up enough.

I rode from April until Dec. 10 last year. Looking forward to riding this April until ????

Got my CC back on Monday, new can and full internals, the guy I talked to said it's basically a new shock for an extra $65. I can wait a few more weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180320_193555.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	229256
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^Did you get it serviced locally? Just curious. I had my Pike and Monarch serviced by Bike Express a couple weeks ago. Tech was a helpful, seemed like he knew what he was doing but I'll find out once the tires hit the dirt.

Are you guys being proactive and servicing before failure...like a logical person would do? Maybe I should do that

I had mine done by Cane Creek, spendy but they have the upgrade kits and I would rather have mine done by someone whose speciality is shocks rather than a jack of all trades.
    On the other hand I am servicing my Pike by watching the factory service video on youtube.

JS, mine blew something internally in late November, ridable with more air and avoiding big hits. Honestly was going to have it serviced this winter even if it didn't need it.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Are you guys being proactive and servicing before failure...like a logical person would do? Maybe I should do that
    I never serviced my suspension before this year but also never had issues with failure, leaking, etc. I figured I'd do it this year because I found a place to do it locally and my Pike was feeling a little off at the end of last season.

As far as I know, only Cane Creek service centers can service their stuff, doesn't seem like you can buy anything past seal kits on their site.

Hank, you'll hopefully be surprised by the difference. Its kinda disgusting the color and gritty consistency of the oil that comes out if its not seen some love in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    ^^Did you get it serviced locally? Just curious. I had my Pike and Monarch serviced by Bike Express a couple weeks ago. Tech was a helpful, seemed like he knew what he was doing but I'll find out once the tires hit the dirt.
    Just had my shock revalved and rebuilt by Avalanche, leaving the fork as is and hoping installing a Luftkappe will provoke the desired performance improvement.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    As far as I know, only Cane Creek service centers can service their stuff, doesn't seem like you can buy anything past seal kits on their site.
    This is true.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Three sawzalls, beers, weed. Trail clearing mission.

Daylight savings is the best, finally took a cleanup ride with the boy. Pretty amazing how much fell in the last few weeks. We were quite devastated to see about 1/4 of our backyard trail system had been logged. All the branches are tilled up into the dirt. Once we clear the brush I think the trails could be much better due to the available dirt but it's going to be work. As if that wasnt enough another whole trail had been postholed by horses while super soft. Kinda bummed on the whole situation. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180321_165727083.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	229330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180321_173820554.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	229331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180321_175435303_HDR.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	229332

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I had so much fun skiing pow this week I cracked two ribs, won't be riding anything for a bit
    Sorry about the ribs, did that last winter. Craziest feeling when they move and feel like they're on fire. Heal quick.

We still have a bit of snow here so it's still fatty season

Name:	KIMG1342.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	229614

Name:	KIMG1345.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	229611
    My daughter = my riding buddy
    Name:  29597236_217483648998094_2013322216475559089_n.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  100.0 KB
    Name:  29513265_217483728998086_2378198452554753370_n.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  101.9 KB

Kingdom Trails was real nice Saturday AM. Groomed norrow(ish) singletrack was a welcome relief from the usual trails I’ve been riding this winter. A few felt like a snowy pump track.

That place is great when it’s not packed with people and conditions line up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post
    Sorry about the ribs, did that last winter. Craziest feeling when they move and feel like they're on fire. Heal quick.

Thanks, I find the clicking to be extra special

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Thanks, I find the clicking to be extra special
    Ah phuck man...that makes me cringe Clearly broken. Ouch! Heal up...err drink up!

Heading to Nashua this weekend.....any chance trails are rideable down there? My bet is a “no.”

Heading to Nashua this weekend.....any chance trails are rideable down there? My bet is a “no.”

Why would anybody head to Nashua?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Why would anybody head to Nashua?
    I lost a bet.

No.....my folks live in Hollis next door, visiting them for the weekend.

I'm itching to ride some dirt so I may venture south of Boston.

No reports? Bueller?

I lost a bet.

No.....my folks live in Hollis next door, visiting them for the weekend.

I'm itching to ride some dirt so I may venture south of Boston.

No reports? Bueller?
    No idea, but the NH seacoast is not really rideable. Maybe at night when it's frozen, but during the day is a gloppy deep mess of snow with patches of mud and downed trees everywhere.

Still snow in my driveway in Somerville. Cape may be ok?

Damn, I figured I'd be SOL. Cape is just too far to drive. Oh well, I'll just keep watching the snow melt.

Damn, I figured I'd be SOL. Cape is just too far to drive. Oh well, I'll just keep watching the snow melt.
    We got a good amount of rain incoming, it'll likely clear the remnants but we'll need some time to dry up after.

I've been putting off building my new bike to curtail my excitement, but looks like that'll be changing very soon!