Page 50 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2669

Thread: Shiffrin

2nd run about to start on Olympic Channel.

Nina O'Brien qualified for 2nd run.

SPOILER ALERT:

1.21 seconds over everyone else when all was said and done

Great run. So smooth. Now tops the GS, SL, SG and overall leader boards.

Anyone have a good site for race results on mobile? I used to just use the FIS site, but they did some redesign that has made it useless on mobile (or at least I haven't figured it out).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Great run. So smooth. Now tops the GS, SL, SG and overall leader boards.
    If she stays healthy, this could be an all-time historic season... (!)

Awesome. Good kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Anyone have a good site for race results on mobile? I used to just use the FIS site, but they did some redesign that has made it useless on mobile (or at least I haven't figured it out).
    FIS 2018/2019 season page on wikipedia gets updated pretty quick. Not the most detailed, of course, but mobile friendly.

Shiffrin

She’s skipping the downhill in Cortina d’Amprezzo because she’s physically and mentally fatigued. This was announced before her recent win in the GS.

This really is the thing that she and her coaches need to monitor, because fatigue will lead to injury.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    If she stays healthy, this could be an all-time historic season... (!)

Awesome. Good kid...
    Nah, Tina Maze's 2013 season will easily beat it.

1st in GS, SG, and Combined, 2nd in DH and SL.

2,414 total points.

If Mikaela wins out in the GS and SL, she'd net 600 points. That'd put her at ~2,000. That'd leave her with 1 Combined Race, 4 SG, and 6 DH races to compete in to try to catch and beat Maze. Given that a win is 100 points, 2nd is 80, 3rd is 60, and 30 is 1, she'd need at least 4 wins and a top 30 finish to beat her or some combo with a lot of top 10 results.

Very little margin for error. I don't think she'll compete in many of the remaining speed races either, given that this year are the World Championships and she'll want to medal in the SL and GS.

Realistically, we may not see her again till February 1st at the Maribor GS. We've got a big spate of speed races at Cortina and Garmisch coming up.

FWIW, Maze also told Mikaela it was not worth it with regards to the fatigue, both mental and physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Are you using the FIS App? It works for me on Android. A bit buggy but it does the job. It is a pain in the ass though that they update it every few months and one has to relearn how to get the info.

point well - made
    And well - taken. . .

I would still claim the second-best season overall, by an American on the WC is historic --

I don't follow it the way I used to follow it. ( And I give LV lots of Respect for her success(es). . . )

I 'll hope MS stays healthy and let the chips fall as they may ( proverbially )

... Thanks ! ... tj

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

2,414 total points.

If Mikaela wins out in the GS and SL, she'd net 600 points. That'd put her at ~2,000. That'd leave her with 1 Combined Race, 4 SG, and 6 DH races to compete in to try to catch and beat Maze. Given that a win is 100 points, 2nd is 80, 3rd is 60, and 30 is 1, she'd need at least 4 wins and a top 30 finish to beat her or some combo with a lot of top 10 results.

Very little margin for error. I don't think she'll compete in many of the remaining speed races either, given that this year are the World Championships and she'll want to medal in the SL and GS.

Realistically, we may not see her again till February 1st at the Maribor GS. We've got a big spate of speed races at Cortina and Garmisch coming up.

FWIW, Maze also told Mikaela it was not worth it with regards to the fatigue, both mental and physical.

Quote Originally Posted by patxi View Post
    Are you using the FIS App? It works for me on Android. A bit buggy but it does the job. It is a pain in the ass though that they update it every few months and one has to relearn how to get the info.
    didn't know that there was an app, I'll give that a whirl.

Well, apparently I DID know that there was an app, since it's on my phone. Just checked, and yeah, that is amazingly simpler to get the info I want. Thanks!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    point well - made
    And well - taken. . .

I would still claim the second-best season overall, by an American on the WC is historic --

I don't follow it the way I used to follow it. ( And I give LV lots of Respect for her success(es). . . )

I 'll hope MS stays healthy and let the chips fall as they may ( proverbially )

... Thanks ! ... tj
    Oh by far one of the best American seasons of all time. Without a doubt.

I mean, at this rate she's ~3 years away from surpassing Stenmarks # of overall victories (which I think Hirscher will also overtake) bar any injuries.

I'd love to see her stay healthy and I think given her skiing style and discipline choice, she has a better chance of than if she were a speed skier.

Time will tell. I'd love to see Vlhova keep pushing her as well. I think she's pushed Shiffrin into another gear FWIW.

Oh by far one of the best American seasons of all time. Without a doubt.

I mean, at this rate she's ~3 years away from surpassing Stenmarks # of overall victories (which I think Hirscher will also overtake) bar any injuries.

I'd love to see her stay healthy and I think given her skiing style and discipline choice, she has a better chance of than if she were a speed skier.

Time will tell. I'd love to see Vlhova keep pushing her as well. I think she's pushed Shiffrin into another gear FWIW.
    A good kick in the ass is always helpful. Mikaela always says the right thing and writes friendship notes to all but her facial expressions made it clear she was downright pissed after Vlhova beat her.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    A good kick in the ass is always helpful. Mikaela always says the right thing and writes friendship notes to all but her facial expressions made it clear she was downright pissed after Vlhova beat her.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Agreed. She doesn't like to lose, at all.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

2,414 total points.

Good synopsis.

Still, strong chances that either Mikaela (11) or Marcel (9) tie or surpass the season record of 14 wins this year.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    She’s skipping the downhill in Cortina d’Amprezzo because she’s physically and mentally fatigued. This was announced before her recent win in the GS.

This really is the thing that she and her coaches need to monitor, because fatigue will lead to injury.
    Yup. Easier said than done, but so important. Taking a break while you’re on top is hard psychologically, but it’s definitely better than an injury forcing a break.

But also, what a tank. Announcing “I’m tired” pre-race, then winning anyways.

Anyone have beta on how to watch via Apple TV or YouTube? Last season I got everything on replay. This season looks like I only get live.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Won the Super-G.

Sheesh.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

She will probably eclipse Stenmark's 86 WC wins (or LV if she is able to continue to race and win)

Can she stay healthy and avoid the big injuries that have ravaged so many careers. She’s adding speed slowly but downhill is what can stop a career in a hurry.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Can she stay healthy and avoid the big injuries that have ravaged so many careers. She’s adding speed slowly but downhill is what can stop a career in a hurry.
    Yeah, but she doesn't need to push speed to push that record. And, she's what, 22?

Shiffrin

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Would imagine that she is starting to get a little bored with the slalom. DH is a whole new challenge and she seems like the kind of person that thrives on that stuff. Will be interesting to she how she bounces back after one of those life threatening crashes that all DH'ers eventually have. Bet she bounces back big but ya never know until it happens.

Couple of races this weekend

Live at 7am on the Olympic channel Fri/Sat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 7.02.47 PM.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	354.7 KB 
ID:	267555

GS
    sports.bwin.com/alpine-skiing

Slalom
    sports.bwin.com/en/sports/alpine-skiing
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime