Page 1525 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 ... LastLast
Results 38,101 to 38,125 of 46052
    Device adaptors that aren't labeled by the device they go to. When my mom died I had to deal with a bunch of keys that turned out not to go to anything. My kids will have to deal with the same, plus a box of adaptors that don't go to anything. At least the adaptors are unlikely to go to a safe deposit box or a safe "hidden" behind a painting.

Here's some literal shit that annoys me. How to tell I just washed my truck without me telling you I just washed my truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220527_185123997.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	417527

Fucking scammers!

OK, so the highway crew that are widening the road in front of my house cut the AT&T line that provides my shitty 10mbs internet connection. As bad as it is, we kind of miss it when it is out. So yesterday the AT&T technician comes out and says yeah it’s cut ( which I already knew, and had mentioned in the report I made to them). So he says he’ll have to get their contractors to come out and snake another line under the road.

A couple hours later I get a phone call, ostensibly from AT&T, although it sounds like a boiler room with a lot of conversations going on in the background. The number also looks a little suspicious to me with an area code I didn’t expect to be associated with AT&T.

So the lady says they are scheduled to do service at my address, and wants to know if today from 10AM to 12 would work. I said sure. I’m thinking, wow, what great service, I was expecting it to take a little longer than that.

And then she started going into a spiel about how I could save 50% off my electric bill with bulk purchasing. Immediately, my scam radar goes off. It sounds a lot like the 50% off of Directv scam that they tried to rope me into a few months back [the scammers offer you 50% off your Directv bill if you prepay in advance. Problem is they are not actually from AT&T/Directv, and you are out the money you give them].

So I shut down the 50% off electricity talk and end the call. So I suspect that no crew is going to show up this morning to repair the cut line, and indeed, no one shows up.

So, the disturbing thing to me is apparently these scammers have somehow hacked into AT&T’s service center to know that there was going to be an upcoming service call at my address, and they knew my cell number. Or maybe they hacked my cell phone and got that info from a text the AT&T tech sent me.

Anyway, it pisses me off.

More likely ATT is selling info on customers waiting for service calls to these scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    More likely ATT is selling info on customers waiting for service calls to these scammers.
    Well, I’m not accusing AT&T of being involved themselves, although I suppose someone on the inside could be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Well, I’m not accusing AT&T of being involved themselves, although I suppose someone on the inside could be doing it.
    More likely they are uploading data into some aggregator the scammers are buying from

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    More likely they are uploading data into some aggregator the scammers are buying from
    Oh, wow, I think you are right!
    https://www.att.com/cmp/ccpa/dnsatt

If I lived in California or Nevada, I could opt out of them selling my personal info. As it is, I may have to look harder at taking my business elsewhere.

Oh, wow, I think you are right!
    https://www.att.com/cmp/ccpa/dnsatt

If I lived in California or Nevada, I could opt out of them selling my personal info. As it is, I may have to look harder at taking my business elsewhere.
    No phone companies are very good about it, unfortunately. So anyone you switch to is probably just as bad.

Parents annoy the shit out of me.

My 10 year old has been playing in a baseball tournament this weekend, and the behavior of fans and coaches is so fucking insane. I can’t imagine what goes through someone’s mind that they think berating a 17 year old ump because “little Timmy definitely beat the tag at second!” is normal behavior.

My kid eats, sleeps, and drinks baseball, and is turning into a pretty good little player. But the higher the level of competition, the more deranged the parents. We played 4 games against good teams, all of the games decided in the last inning. It should have been a great weekend, but it was filled with screaming coaches, fighting fans and crying kids.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post

My 10 year old has been playing in a baseball tournament this weekend, and the behavior of fans and coaches is so fucking insane. I can’t imagine what goes through someone’s mind that they think berating a 17 year old ump because “little Timmy definitely beat the tag at second!” is normal behavior.

My kid eats, sleeps, and drinks baseball, and is turning into a pretty good little player. But the higher the level of competition, the more deranged the parents. We played 4 games against good teams, all of the games decided in the last inning. It should have been a great weekend, but it was filled with screaming coaches, fighting fans and crying kids.
    What will annoy me is if my kid changes his mind and ends up liking teeball enough to play again next year.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 05-30-2022 at 11:31 AM. Reason: My English made no sense
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Yeah it’s all such a joke. Johnny Used-to-Did sure he has the next Bryce Harper and willing to yell at a $30/game ump instead of facing the fact that he peaked in high school

Went through the same thing with girls fast pitch softball. I think the insanity peaks at the Little League level, but high school is pretty bad too. It’s noticeably better in travel ball.

Went through the same thing with girls fast pitch softball. I think the insanity peaks at the Little League level, but high school is pretty bad too. It’s noticeably better in travel ball.
    Gross. People are insane. This god forsaken piece of shit country is on the highway to hell. I feel for all you suckers who bought in to the having kids trap.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Gross. People are insane. This god forsaken piece of shit country is on the highway to hell. I feel for all you suckers who bought in to the having kids trap.
    Well, it’s not all bad…

BTDT. My kid is 17 and does basketball and soccer still for team sports. There's still the occasional parents who yell at the coaches, refs, or even other players. The only thing worse than a screaming parent is if the screaming parent is sitting next to you and belongs to one of your kids friends. Those situations were always interesting when they popped up out of seemingly nowhere. And then you look back and go oh, ya, now I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    You should have been aborted

#sarc
    Or maybe not.
    Breeding is fun.

Fucking allergies. Our new home is surrounded by these wonderful trees and the air is absolutely thick with their pollen. Looking forward to going to work just to get out of the pollen into a filtered environment.
    focus.

Allergies are so cruel. On days that most of us love being outside, people with allergies are miserable. So glad I don't have them.

Allergies were fucking with me so hard this spring I got Covid and didn't even know it. True story.

I just figured everything was just more allergy shit. Only found out when my wife started feeling shitty and she tested positive so I took a test. And by then I was just about better, tested negative a week later. Still had allergies.

COVID makes it a lot harder to just hang out and snort and sneeze.

Didn’t affect me too terribly when I lived in town for the last couple decades, and I love the trees, but goddamn. Between this and the fucking bugs, I sure do miss winter.
    focus.

Between nasal steroids, non-drowsy allergy meds, and masks (doesn't have tp be a good one) allergies should be tolerable for everyone.

Between nasal steroids, non-drowsy allergy meds, and masks (doesn't have tp be a good one) allergies should be tolerable for everyone.
    you forgot goggles

people that whine about allergies annoy the fuck out of me

suck it up you sallies
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

You obvs don't have allergies Mikey. Lucky you.

Same for you.

I'm fucking miserable for the entire spring. It sucks. I have hay fever, and allergic to grass, pollen, trees, pretty much anything outside. Being on a constant flow of steroids such as Rhinocort or injections did absolutely no good, they actually took away my libido as I found out, among other things, this is a proven side effect. Fuck. That. Claritin doesn't work, never has. I take benadryl at night, can't function with it during the day. These aren't complaints, just facts.

Allergies totally affect my life not in a good way, and the winds as of late have exacerbated them. Try having a conversation when nasal drip just starts coming down, or while you're trying to eat. Skin constantly peeling from blowing nose all the time. I wasn't breast fed and have been told a few times that's why my allergies are worse than most.

You allergy-free folks have no clue how awful they are to some people, and there's nothing that works without other, worse repercussions or side effects. Are they tolerable? Never. They totally affect my life in a negative way for several months every year, and there's absolutely nothing I can do. I can't just suck it up you sallies because my nose is fucking clogged!

Ppl that have no understanding of how bad allergies can be annoy the fuck outta me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    You obvs don't have allergies Mikey. Lucky you.

Same for you.

I'm fucking miserable for the entire spring. It sucks. I have hay fever, and allergic to grass, pollen, trees, pretty much anything outside. Being on a constant flow of steroids such as Rhinocort or injections did absolutely no good, they actually took away my libido as I found out, among other things, this is a proven side effect. Fuck. That. Claritin doesn't work, never has. I take benadryl at night, can't function with it during the day. These aren't complaints, just facts.

Allergies totally affect my life not in a good way, and the winds as of late have exacerbated them. Try having a conversation when nasal drip just starts coming down, or while your'e trying to eat. Skin constantly peeling from blowing nose all the time. I wasn't breast fed and have been told a few times that's why my allergies are worse than most.

You allergy-free folks have no clue how awful they are to some people, and there's nothing that works without other, worse repercussions or side effects. Are they tolerable? Never. They totally affect my life in a negative way for several months every year, and there's absolutely nothing I can do.

Ppl that have no understanding of how bad allergies can be annoy the fuck outta me.
    The mask part of that comment might be worth further examination. A neck gaitor (folded double) works really well and can be wetted down for hot weather. That's been my goto in the desert lately and I'm amazed it's not more common. Gamechanger.