Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2234

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    the yellow line is cgi, it's not there, they definitely can't see it.

edit: oh you mean when the refs are watching replays. good question.
    Yeah. I think I’ve heard from one of the refs on the commentary booth that they don’t see that. They have to see the ball and a line on the field.

Might be helpful for the refs to not call TDs that didn't make it in as Touchdowns, because the teams players all put their hands up, and then claim you don't have enough clear evidence to overturn.

The NFL's review process is such a complete crock of shit.

Ref had good angle on where the ball hit the ground and he market it with a foot to spare. Glad we get the Pack. Good matchup for 49ers.

Anybody care that the Browns hired Vikes OC Kevin Stefanski to become their new head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Anybody care that the Browns hired Vikes OC Kevin Stefanski to become their new head coach?
    I do! I’m stoked they didn’t hire away the 49ers’ D coordinator...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Real time he looked way short but the slow mo made it look a lot closer than it first appeared. I think he got there.
    He would have been short if he hadn't landed on the defender. The first thing to hit the ground was his arms holding the ball, on the line to gain.

Nah. He came up with the turf still stuck in his helmet.

Browns doing Browns things.

Somewhere back a few pages I left an underwhelming welcome to Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Browns doing Browns things.
    He seems competent and has run a good offense for a long time. Can’t be worse than Freddie Kitchens.

That said, no one Jimmy Haslam hires will ever get rousing approval from me because at the end of the day it’s still Jimmy Haslam in charge.
    I still call it The Jake.

Probably didn't get Mcdaniels because unwilling to give him GM. He can pick a better situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Probably didn't get Mcdaniels because unwilling to give him GM. He can pick a better situation.
    Maybe so, but the Giants cancelled their interview with him and went in another direction.

Carolina cancelled their interview with him and went in another direction.

Several HC openings came and went with him on their list and he ended up with none of them.

Something is bothering better franchises than the Browns about McDaniels whatever that may be. I’m not buying the hype that he was the chosen one and they should have offered him whatever just to get him. He’s awesome where he is, how that goes when TB12 isn’t there or Belichek goes to be seen.

Still not giving Haslam any kind of pass until I see double digit wins.

NFL 2019/2020

He probably only interview if full control. See if any of those jobs give the coach GM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    He probably only interview if full control. See if any of those jobs give the coach GM.
    Reports are saying that McDaniels wanted the Browns job, and the Browns passed. Stefanski first choice.

FWIW

And now it’s official: the Browns organization is being run remotely by a part-timer statistician out of San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Reports are saying that McDaniels wanted the Browns job, and the Browns passed. Stefanski first choice.

FWIW
    Some are writing that McDaniels wanted the job, but also wanted to completely restructure the organization. Haslam thinks he has some good systems/people in place. They mutually agreed it wasn't a good fit.

NFL 2019/2020

Powerful leaders reluctant to relinquish power. Nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Some are writing that McDaniels wanted the job, but also wanted to completely restructure the organization. Haslam thinks he has some good systems/people in place. They mutually agreed it wasn't a good fit.
    Completely restructure pretty much only means that BMills' part timer (Depodesta) would step down. That's all. Haslim has made a similar move 3 times in the past few years - changing up the top - so he is not at all adverse to it. Hell he already did most of that this year letting the GM go. Restructuring was not an issue if McDaniels was the first choice. Haslim listened to Depodesta, and let him pick the coach. Depodesta's first choice was Stefanski last year and it's Stefanski now. McDaniel's was not the organization's first choice.

I've clearly read about 320,000 too many words on this topic. Sucks to be a Brown's fan. So, so much suck. We've been reduced to reading 6,000 articles on the 157th coaching search in 7 years.

All I know, is that I got to be taking care of my chicken....Sound ain't the greatest.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Several HC openings came and went with him on their list and he ended up with none of them.

Something is bothering better franchises than the Browns about McDaniels whatever that may be.
    Might have something to do with not wanting to be left at the altar by him, again, given the uncertainty in NE right now. He's been openly seen to actively want to be Belichek's successor and who knows how NE works out this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Also, if you were building a roster from scratch, which White QB would you pick over Mahomes, Wilson and Watson?
    Either of the QBs playing tonight in the NCAA championship might be in a couple of years.

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

Hey Bmills, I found the perfect tattoo for you.

Name:  IMG_2883.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  128.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That has to come with a free parking pass to the Muni Lot and a case of Beast Ice.

Ringer a couple minutes ago: Luke Kuechly, who was among the best defensive players of his generation, has retired at age 28.

Me: Great player. Getting out before it's too late? Good for him if so.

Smart move by Kuechly I'd say. He's taken a beating, and he's rich. Time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Ringer a couple minutes ago: Luke Kuechly, who was among the best defensive players of his generation, has retired at age 28.

Me: Great player. Getting out before it's too late? Good for him if so.
    Put him in with Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman as being fantastic players leaving the game young...