Page 1674 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 ... LastLast
Results 41,826 to 41,850 of 46183
    When someone starts a really stupid thread (*cough* Scotty B's bank crash thread *cough*), and some of you people are too damned focused on commenting on everything that you just can't let it sink to the bottom.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Why waste time on bank failures when there's goop to be bumped?
    I still call it The Jake.

I love to bump goop

I think its been well-established this week that to a man, the Maggots would all bump goop. No questions asked.

Well, maybe some questions, but not many.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Why waste time on bank failures when there's goop to be bumped?
    well, there's that. and the bank failures are not "new" news. and have already been discussed extensively on the TRGs by anyone who cares about the intricacies. but of course SB isn't really wanting to discuss the details of bank failures, he was just trying to score some political gotcha points.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My current #1 annoyance is people accelerating as you try to pass. It's an epidemic

I'm almost always on cruise control so it's glaring how many people do it.

Drives me fucking nuts
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    It annoys that that annual residential property tax is even a thing. Property should be taxed once like everything else, not repeated trips to the well. City services and infrastructure can get funded in other ways.
    That is the solution to the entire prop 13 problem. Eliminate property tax. Have local income tax. And you pay it regardless of where you make the money if you own property or rent in the town. (And don't bother pointing out the difficulties and problems with this approach, because it ain't happening.)

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    My current #1 annoyance is people accelerating as you try to pass. It's an epidemic

Drives me fucking nuts
    I think people do that subconsciously. Same as the folks who come up behind you and the left and then settle down next to you. People tend to match speed with the car next to them. Even when the car next to them is a double semi. I think it's some kind of hindbrain thing. Some of us misanthropes lack that--we want to be as far away froom other cars as possible.

A couple days ago I found a bit of water on the floor in the upstairs second bathroom. Only place it could have come from is the water supply to the sink or the drain, behind the cabinet/counter. Cabinet is solid wood and the only way to see what's going on behind it is to turn off water, undo all the plumbing and yank the whole counter/cabinet unit out. Not sure how hard that will be but I'm sure it will be a pain in the ass. Haven't seen any more water since.... is it worth yanking out? Don't want any water sitting under there long term. Either way it's annoying.

Can you figure out where the cabinet is in relation to the first floor and cut a small hole in the ceiling instead?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think people do that subconsciously. Same as the folks who come up behind you and the left and then settle down next to you. People tend to match speed with the car next to them. Even when the car next to them is a double semi. I think it's some kind of hindbrain thing. Some of us misanthropes lack that--we want to be as far away froom other cars as possible.
    Agree. I think the fact everyone seems to have ADD also is a factor...zero attention to detail and don't have any idea they're changing speeds
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Can you figure out where the cabinet is in relation to the first floor and cut a small hole in the ceiling instead?
    Not sure that would help. To add, I think the floor in that upstairs bathroom is full tile, with the cabinet/counter unit sitting on top of that. So the leak, or spot where water is dripping, would be between the rear wall of the cabinet and the wall.

Assuming I'm correct about tile covering the entire floor, water should at least just sit on the tile and evaporate as long as the leak isn't big enough to flow out into the hallway. It was just a small puddle when I found it. Problem will be worse if the wall itself is wet. Which is what I want to check.

Drives me fucking nuts
    And how?

Not that it helps, but I do like the smart cruise control on my Subaru.

unsmart fast talkers

Paying the extra $$$ for expedited shipping to have my car parts here BEFORE the weekend, just to have UPS take their sweet ass time scooting the package along. Been sitting in IL for like 2 days now. Now saying Monday. I was HOPING to work on it tomorrow. Sometimes it feels like I'm never going to get this car put back together.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    A couple days ago I found a bit of water on the floor in the upstairs second bathroom. Only place it could have come from is the water supply to the sink or the drain, behind the cabinet/counter. Cabinet is solid wood and the only way to see what's going on behind it is to turn off water, undo all the plumbing and yank the whole counter/cabinet unit out. Not sure how hard that will be but I'm sure it will be a pain in the ass. Haven't seen any more water since.... is it worth yanking out? Don't want any water sitting under there long term. Either way it's annoying.
    I saw contractors use infrared camera to pinpoint leaks from the roof. They had attachment IR camera for iphone. Expensive to buy but if you can find one to borrow may worth a shot.

It's a minor annoyance, but still...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GarbageSkinTrack032423.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	477.3 KB 
ID:	453059

@evdog Post some pictures. You don't want to fuck around with possible leaks. Crossing your fingers is not the way to go. I'm not really sure what you are describing but, peace of mind comes from replicating the problem and then fixing it. Just remember plumbing is a collection of $.05 Chinese pieces of garbage that are preventing your house from flooding.

First check the undersink plumbing. Empty the vanity and line the bottom with paper towels so any leaks are obvious. Fill the sink and drains. Run all the faucets. Ifs its a double sink, do both as they may be tied together. Disassemble and clean the trap (should be slip joint if newer). Its hard to know how difficult in would be to to pull the vanity without looking at the install.

What about your toilet? We've had what you describe happen in two bathrooms due to the toilets.

The first thing you should do is figure out who took a shower with nozzle aimed towards the floor and didn't bother wiping uo.

Drives me fucking nuts
    This.

My panacea is 340 bhp and a smile when they flip you off as you pass.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The first thing you should do is figure out who took a shower with nozzle aimed towards the floor and didn't bother wiping uo.
    That would be all of my kids. Not sure if they know how to use a shower curtain.

Some of us more thoughtful lack that--we want to be as far away from other cars as possible.
    Fify.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That is the solution to the entire prop 13 problem. Eliminate property tax. Have local income tax. And you pay it regardless of where you make the money if you own property or rent in the town. (And don't bother pointing out the difficulties and problems with this approach, because it ain't happening.)

Lately it’s been boomer skiers. Can’t stand to have someone pass them when they’re TGRing( tail gunning relentlessly)down the hill. Fucking heel pushers. They’re the ones that are invariably tailgating on the way up to the hill as well, gotta get first tracks on the groomers. Hearing them brag about how they got fresh cords like it’s a major accomplishment

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    @evdog Post some pictures. You don't want to fuck around with possible leaks. Crossing your fingers is not the way to go. I'm not really sure what you are describing but, peace of mind comes from replicating the problem and then fixing it. Just remember plumbing is a collection of $.05 Chinese pieces of garbage that are preventing your house from flooding.

First check the undersink plumbing. Empty the vanity and line the bottom with paper towels so any leaks are obvious. Fill the sink and drains. Run all the faucets. Ifs its a double sink, do both as they may be tied together. Disassemble and clean the trap (should be slip joint if newer). Its hard to know how difficult in would be to to pull the vanity without looking at the install.
    A couple pics below. Cabinet is small, there is clearly no evidence of water inside the cabinet, nor any on the floor from the toilet. As far as I can tell the tile on the floor and the bottom of the wall extend all the way behind the cabinet to the corner. The cabinet seems to be a single unit bolted to the wall on one side, and of course sealed to the wall with caulking to make sure the paint is damaged if I remove it. The water I found was basically covering the one tile on the right between the cabinet and the rag and appeared to have come from underneath the cabinet.

Name:	PXL_20230325_183406469.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	842.3 KB 
ID:	453100

Name:	PXL_20230325_183428086.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	753.6 KB 
ID:	453101

Long shot, but it might be your toilet.

I had a similar issue; occasional wet floor. It turned out the overflow tube in my toilet was an inch taller than the hole for the flush handle, and the filler valve was failing, so it would sometimes overfill and drip through the handle’s cutout, running down the side, then out to my not-so-level floor. Took me awhile to figure it out.