Page 1285 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 ... LastLast
Results 32,101 to 32,125 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I know, especially this week of all weeks, we are supposed to be mortal, binary enemies of everyone that isn't with us 100%, and I am generally of the mindset that there's something to like in everything and everyone. But man, I can not get down with a blanket hatred of olives, too fucking good.

What do you put in your gin when there's no tonic n limes around? Huh? WHAT?
    I do however have a strong dislike for kids that stick them on their fingers. And the parents that allow that shit.

I'm well aware that *other* people don't mind olives. And I'm OK with that. Eat all the olives you want. It's cool.

But those nasty little things can fuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Cleaning the flue.
    The ladder that has about 8" clearance off the 2 story+ high gutter, getting the ropes setup, all the toxic soot, the gutter funkwater, slipping on a 4/10 metal roof.

So over this.

(excuse my intrusion into the finer points of Olive Oyl, I hadn't looked...)
    You need a SootEater and a powerful drill. Clean that shit from the bottom up. Sweeping a chimney from the top down is so Dickensian.

Also, burn drier wood (2 summers split and stacked, minimum) and run your stove hotter.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm well aware that *other* people don't mind olives. And I'm OK with that. Eat all the olives you want. It's cool.

But those nasty little things can fuck right off.
    That's it, you are going into a FEMA camps until you love olives! Not just tolerate or like them, but love them.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I do however have a strong dislike for kids that stick them on their fingers.
    come on.... some of us are just trying to see.

Name:  scary.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  36.8 KB

That's it, you are going into a FEMA camps until you love olives! Not just tolerate or like them, but love them.
    FTS.

You shut your whore mouth! I fucking love olives.
    Green olives for me.
    I still recall farm-cured olives from my great uncle. Put me on a life long quest of green cured olives.

The black ones are sawdust in comparison.

Kalamata olives, long method are freaking tastey and they look black to me.

If you're ever on the I-5 corridor north of Sacramento, this place is olive heaven: https://www.granzellas.com/

The Italian Dry Oil Cured are like no other olive you've had.

People that eat on zoom conference calls.

There is no place in eastern Idaho that I have found where one can purchase a decent baguette or good cheese. Broulim's has tried to up their cheese game. I usually stop in at Whole Grocer to pick up some cheeses and breads when on that side of the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    That's what the tiny tech-bro baby Jesus gave us the mute and camera-off button.

Also, zoom annoys me. There's no good reason to use that pile of unsecured garbage. Same with MS Teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I know, especially this week of all weeks, we are supposed to be mortal, binary enemies of everyone that isn't with us 100%, and I am generally of the mindset that there's something to like in everything and everyone.
    This bears repeating; frequently. And should be based in the 'America's Burning' thread, or anywhere where politics leaks into that's not PolyAss.

Be awesome and love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Do they have sourdough in France?
    Some but it's definitely not as big as here. I really like it and I'll now pick up a sourdough baguetter over a french-style one if I have the option. The sourdough is a bit denser and doesn't seem to dessicate as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Green olives for me.
    I still recall farm-cured olives from my great uncle. Put me on a life long quest of green cured olives.

The black ones are sawdust in comparison.
    This. Black olives are an abomination, I can't understand why they're left on the tree so long. Pick the fuckers before the texture goes to shit! Farm-cured greens OTH, now that is some delicacy I wouldn't mind stuffing my face with more often.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Just to bring things full circle, the olive loaf from my sister's bakery is some of the best snacking bread you've ever had.

Dip it in equally good olive oil with a bit of fresh grated parm mixed in and pair with a bottle of white and you've got dinner.
    I still call it The Jake.

Call a noon zoom meeting and you're going to see me eating every time

Boissal, there's no good bread within 20 miles of our Issaquah house. There was a great boulangerie within walking distance of our house in Berkeley, and I miss it so much. Americans mostly suck at cheese, bread, pastries, and cured meats. Basically anything good to eat that takes a bit of time and is subtle.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Boissal, there's no good bread within 20 miles of our Issaquah house. There was a great boulangerie within walking distance of our house in Berkeley, and I miss it so much. Americans mostly suck at cheese, bread, pastries, and cured meats. Basically anything good to eat that takes a bit of time and is subtle.
    The FDA does a great job of preventing us from having quality cured meats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The FDA does a great job of preventing us from having quality cured meats.
    I dunno - these guys are doing a pretty damned good job of it, locally:

https://www.ilporcellinodenver.com/

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    There was a guy in Bellevue making good baguettes but that was several years ago. I should check with my parents if that place is still open, a friend of theirs from France recommended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This. Black olives are an abomination, I can't understand why they're left on the tree so long. Pick the fuckers before the texture goes to shit! Farm-cured greens OTH, now that is some delicacy I wouldn't mind stuffing my face with more often.
    I like black olives, good ones at least. I'm not picky about the variety. The pale black olives that taste like sadness do not count in the discussion.

Order a chainsaw chain. It arrived in a couple of days. USPS. In a locked package locker. With the top of the undersized padded envelope open, the box flattened, and the chain missing. First thought was stolen by a postal employee, but thinking about it maybe the envelope was run through a sorting machine for letters and the chain got squashed out of the box. If so it's probably inside the broken sorting machine along with 10,000 mail ballots.

There is no place in eastern Idaho that I have found where one can purchase a decent baguette or good cheese. Broulim's has tried to up their cheese game. I usually stop in at Whole Grocer to pick up some cheeses and breads when on that side of the pass.
    460 Bread in Driggs! You can find their baguettes at Barrels and Bins. The dude is pretty good at this baking thing

Quote Originally Posted by Single Track View Post
    460 Bread in Driggs! You can find their baguettes at Barrels and Bins. The dude is pretty good at this baking thing
    Can you stop by the bakery and buy direct? I think this is what I usually pick up in a few places Jackson or Driggs, or bread from Persephone.

Can you stop by the bakery and buy direct? I think this is what I usually pick up in a few places Jackson or Driggs, or bread from Persephone.
    They didn't in the past but I do know they moved their HQ to a new building in the past couple years. Me thinks probably not (especially in these times).

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Bread is a life blood in France. Bread + butter is the go-to snack.
    ...When I lived back home I was eating a baguette a day no matter what, I would snag it from a boulangerie on my way back form work and it would be gone by the end of breakfast the next day.
    In France I saw like thousands of folks carrying and chomping on baguettes on their way home from work every day.

EDIT: the actual saying about a day without bread is "long comme un jour sans pain" which is used to mean something endlessly boring or painful. As long as a day without bread.
    Gotcha, thanks for that.

BTW, an Italian told me that the best cheese in France is the butter.

God damn fruit flies! Something I bought brought in an infestation. Never in my life have I seen fruit flies like this. Totally out of control. I have an apple cider vinegar trap set up and could change it every hour dumping out hundreds of dead flies. Fork me!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism