Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Theres an imposter in that photo!

Also a Dynastar Fan.

I had the Ski Cross 10's that I blew up at Louise on their 6th day. Great ski, managed to cobble it together.

Then I picked up some Legend 8000's. Man, I loved that ski. It was so versatile (for the EC). Not a power ski by any means but with good technique could be made to do any turn.

Just scored a set of 165 Slaloms for $50. With bindings.

My wife had a pair of the BIg Troubles, similar to this:
    Name:  119485_119485_1.jpg
Views: 7321
Size:  27.7 KB

https://youtu.be/N403j2bEOIw

I want to try these!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    https://youtu.be/N403j2bEOIw

I want to try these!

I think Bandit Man still is trying to sell his... for $99 pretty low risk. - https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...mic-Tracker-13

Someone is selling last year’s used Pro Riders flat for $500 here in Salt Lake City on the KSL classifieds. It seemed like a high price but thought I’d pass along the info nevertheless.

2016 Dynastar Pro Riderhttp://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=50419153

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think Bandit Man still is trying to sell his... for $99 pretty low risk. - https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...mic-Tracker-13
    They look like they turn pretty quick for being so burly. I didnt like that quick turn initiation in the cham 87, but I may like that in a 127mm powder ski.

Eeeey chalk up another mark for loving the Cham 1.0s. The 97 has been my all-mountain for two seasons. I slarve plenty on different skis but the 1.0s really like to arc, so I feel like they keep me a little more awake and a little more creative with my lines than I might be otherwise. They're getting pretty banged up at this point, so I've been wondering lately what to replace them with when the time comes... haven't skied the 2.0s but they look sort of lightly neutered by comparison.

still on the fence with the 2.0 97's, 184 - mounted on line but not sure going back would do much better. skied them in pow, mixed, - felt a bit squirrelly...maybe the tip rise, maybe the light weight,,,,couldn't put my finger on it. looking forward though to trying out some LP 105's i picked up end of season.

Just got my hands on the 192 ProRiders. (The photo I posted was just a teaser). Absolutely beautiful boards. Missiles!

It's full on summer here in NZ, but I may just have to go and hike up a volcano - with a heavy load! - just to get a few turns on them.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    still on the fence with the 2.0 97's, 184 - mounted on line but not sure going back would do much better. skied them in pow, mixed, - felt a bit squirrelly...maybe the tip rise, maybe the light weight,,,,couldn't put my finger on it. looking forward though to trying out some LP 105's i picked up end of season.
    I liked mine at -1

My take:

In general I prefer a softer ski, old bumper habit I guess. most of my mounts are -1.5

184 97 HM, one of the best everyday skis I have ever had. Mounted my bit tired pair with Kingpins late last year for touring and side country. Just replaced the inbound need with Mythics, no time on them yet.

XXL 194's, had them for up in AK use. Hated them, they made little tiny turns and straight-lined well but would not make long super g style turns...weird combo of tendencies. Liked the 105 LP way better up there.

Cham 97 2.0, had em, sold em, not as snappy or poppy as the HM's I was trying to replace, nice and damp and held an edge well but not as much energy return for me as the HM.

107 HM , have two pair, one with Kingpins that fill the new snow backcountry need well and a near worn out pair for inbounds that just got down graded to rock ski duty this year. 106's waiting in the wings as snow depth gets respectable enough to bring them out.

87 Chams, wife and daughter each have a pair and love them . Same with the ladies 97's, virtually everyone I have talked into a Cham model has loved them. They do it all.

Of note the 107 ladies ski is the same as the HM model and can be obtained pretty cheap in 184's when available new on EBAY...sub $300 and sometimes sub $200...a good option when waiting for the 107 Mythic to show..if ever

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I liked mine at -1
    i hear ya...just hate to put another set of holes in if i sell.

Just took a tape measure to my Pro Riders and geeked out a bit:

Straight pull (over the bindings): 191.5cm

Tip rocker: 27cm - decambered 33cm
    Tip taper: 21cm
    Tip splay: 5.0cm - decambered 5.5cm

Tail rocker: 11cm
    Tail taper: 11cm
    Tail splay: 1.5cm

Camber: 7mm

Weight: heavy...

So tips are low and have very gradual rocker.

Q for those of you on Cham 2.0s (paging Leavenworth Skier). I have a 3x tele mounted pair and the only mount point I can fit new holes is at +2.5. Would like to hang on to the skis - how will a forward mount ski? Prior mounts with different bindings have been at 0 and -1...

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Q for those of you on Cham 2.0s (paging Leavenworth Skier). I have a 3x tele mounted pair and the only mount point I can fit new holes is at +2.5. Would like to hang on to the skis - how will a forward mount ski? Prior mounts with different bindings have been at 0 and -1...
    I dunno man, I always want more tip than less. I don't think I've ever purposely moved my bindings forward of the line. Can't help you on that one unfortunately.

Anything I should do with the Dynastar Pro Rider wood side walls?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Anything I should do with the Dynastar Pro Rider wood side walls?
    Let them dry out between ski trips (ie bring them inside and don't leave them wet in your roofbox for 2 weeks post skiing.)

I didn't think the sidewalls were actually wood when I had mine. Looked more like micarta or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I didn't think the sidewalls were actually wood when I had mine. Looked more like micarta or something similar.
    Some say they are a marine grade teak, others a resin based laminate. Either way I don't think it's best to leave them wet.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I couldn't tell, but didn't want to mess around.

Sounds like I just need to make sure I'm not an idiot with em.

I can do that.

I couldn't tell, but didn't want to mess around.

Sounds like I just need to make sure I'm not an idiot with em.

I can do that.
    Mine have held up great.

Day One 184 Mythics, Pivots -1, Alpine boots, mixed cold snow conditions at Jackson.

Short answer...loved them, light, snappy, quick but still have chops for blasting through crap. Stiffer than my HM models but not "throw you around" stiff. Floated well in what new snow we had and blasted through the rapidly forming bumps on the steeper stuff no problem. Held on snowmaking ice when asked. I know these are marketed as a touring ski but if you the kind of skier that doesn't really like the ride of heavy metal and prefers to ski with a lighter more technical touch these are worth a look for sure. Touring is a no brainer winner.

Best Cham to date IMO...

All I can say is these fuckers are heavy. Like carrying a race ski.

Edit:

Can someone tell me what is supposed to mark the recommended line?

Is it that slight rise on the topsheet near the edge?

The Dynastar Thread

All I can say is these fuckers are heavy. Like carrying a race ski.
    Ahhh, the signature of a great inbounds charging ski.