Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2618
    Go ahead and cook them again, it's not a problem. And you can swim right after eating, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Go ahead and cook them again, it's not a problem. And you can swim right after eating, too.
    Dang! And after all this time, i've been doing it wrong after eating.

Thanks much you two for the info! Takes a concern off my mind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Running with scissors helps too

especial if the boots are red

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Running with scissors helps too

especial if the boots are red
    Only orange accents. Close, on the color spectrum, but sadly lacking all the same.

Just got back from my local shop. They were VERY resistant to cooking the shells again. They were of the opinion cooking them more than a couple times messes up the plastic and flex. I insisted, and to their credit, they did indulge me in cooking the shells again. Feels sooo much better now in the hotspot areas. Thanks to both of you for your info and help!

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post
    Only orange accents. Close, on the color spectrum, but sadly lacking all the same.

Just got back from my local shop. They were VERY resistant to cooking the shells again. They were of the opinion cooking them more than a couple times messes up the plastic and flex. I insisted, and to their credit, they did indulge me in cooking the shells again. Feels sooo much better now in the hotspot areas. Thanks to both of you for your info and help!

glad its working You can self cook with hot water too.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...V-boot-molding

Cook your own fucking boots.......

As well as mount your own fucking skis... Need a source for that low density bootfitters foam, though. Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Cook your own fucking boots.......

As well as mount your own fucking skis... Need a source for that low density bootfitters foam, though. Where?

Brain fart. Not low density. Low compression, high density foam.

https://www.tognar.com/boot_heater_w...snowboard.html

Sweet! I'll still have to throw some cash to the local ski shops for punches and grinds, if necessary. (Because, why not support local small businesses.) But otherwise, looks like I'm all set then for my next pair of boots down the line.

I have a problem with my Lange xt130 free boots(with spoilers on) no grip walk soles. I think they don't have enough forward lean? I can't ski more than maybe 100 vertical meters and my legs are burning. I'm in better fit than before and could easily ski 1000 vert meter runs no problems last year(boots salomon QST pro 130 with spoilers and touring soles). So I guess new boot makes my skiing position little bit off. Any hints what to do? My best boot ever was Full Tilt with 4mm forward lean wedge.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using TGR Forums mobile app

Where can I as a civilian buy a boot press? Anyone want to get me one through svst? I need to start working on my own fucking boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    I have a problem with my Lange xt130 free boots(with spoilers on) no grip walk soles. I think they don't have enough forward lean? I can't ski more than maybe 100 vertical meters and my legs are burning. I'm in better fit than before and could easily ski 1000 vert meter runs no problems last year(boots salomon QST pro 130 with spoilers and touring soles). So I guess new boot makes my skiing position little bit off. Any hints what to do? My best boot ever was Full Tilt with 4mm forward lean wedge.

Quad burn is often connected to too high binding delta/ramp. What bindings do you use?

I had the very same experience when I got in my Lange RX's a couple of years ago, coming from Kryptons and Tecnicas. In the previous boots, low delta Wardens felt off to me but Sth2 was perfect. With the Langes I have to shim the Sth2 toes 2 mm to escape quad burn. Low delta bindings like Attack feels perfect to me in the Langes. I ditched the RX spoiler too as I get a snug enough fit without it and don't need the higher forward lean.

So maybe your solution is the opposite of what you're suspecting?

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Quad burn is often connected to too high binding delta/ramp. What bindings do you use?

I had the very same experience when I got in my Lange RX's a couple of years ago, coming from Kryptons and Tecnicas. In the previous boots, low delta Wardens felt off to me but Sth2 was perfect. With the Langes I have to shim the Sth2 toes 2 mm to escape quad burn. Low delta bindings like Attack feels perfect to me in the Langes. I ditched the RX spoiler too as I get a snug enough fit without it and don't need the higher forward lean.

So maybe your solution is the opposite of what you're suspecting?
    Atk Freerider 14 2.0 and my sole on Langes is 306mm, when on salomons it was 296mm. 25,5 to 26. Would that affect that much? Too bad I don't have access to lift and need tour every vertical meter I ski, so getting things dialed is really slow...

Did you only change the boots? (same ski and binding?)

Do you get this wtih other ski set ups? (same boot, other skis/bindings)

I agree odds are a angle thing.

easy way to try is fold up a sock, and put it between the ski boot liner and shell (pushing your lower leg forward) and see how that feels.

Did you only change the boots? (same ski and binding?)

Do you get this wtih other ski set ups? (same boot, other skis/bindings)

I agree odds are a angle thing.

easy way to try is fold up a sock, and put it between the ski boot liner and shell (pushing your lower leg forward) and see how that feels.
    Ski changed too, Salomon qst99 to Scott Punisher 110. I have skied my pow setup couple of times, Moment Donner Party + beast 16. It wasn't as bad but definately still there.

Ski changed too, Salomon qst99 to Scott Punisher 110. I have skied my pow setup couple of times, Moment Donner Party + beast 16. It wasn't as bad but definately still there.

so maybe a combo of boot angles plus binding angles.

add a shim/sock and make the boot more forward and see if that is better or worse, and do more of what ever makes it better

then play with bindings if needed

so maybe a combo of boot angles plus binding angles.

add a shim/sock and make the boot more forward and see if that is better or worse, and do more of what ever makes it better

then play with bindings if needed
    That sock is thing is good advice, why haven't I thought of it. Very easy way to try it out.

That sock is thing is good advice, why haven't I thought of it. Very easy way to try it out.

a glove also wroks

Is tightening buckles mid day normal?

I either cynch up (losing flex) or I get heel slip. If this isn’t normal, I will start working my way through the list on page 1.

Thanks for this thread and resource!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    Is tightening buckles mid day normal?

I either cynch up (losing flex) or I get heel slip. If this isn’t normal, I will start working my way through the list on page 1.

Thanks for this thread and resource!
    most people have to re-tighten a bit thru out the day. (or find the boot really tight for the first few runs)

Thanks for letting me know I am somewhat normal!

With the boots on tight. I have no problems with pain, but I do feel like I don’t have enough flex.

I have 2016 model Rossignol Allias with 120 Flex. There are no easy adjustment options, so does anyone know if a bootfiter would be able to soften it?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    Thanks for letting me know I am somewhat normal!

With the boots on tight. I have no problems with pain, but I do feel like I don’t have enough flex.

I have 2016 model Rossignol Allias with 120 Flex. There are no easy adjustment options, so does anyone know if a bootfiter would be able to soften it?
    1) does it have rivets on the back? remove 1 for 10% softer

2) do up the power strap BETWEEN the liner adn the shell. This will also make it softer?

see a boot fitter for permanent solutions if you like the softer flex

Here's a random question:

I have a pair of Salomon Falcon CS Pros from like 2008 that I love. Customized 'cause I have a foot slightly over a size bigger than the other, custom beds, fit like a dream - though very tight 26.5 shells on a 10.5+ foot (larger foot.) However, the liners are done, and was just going to go to intuitions, but am realizing the soles are pretty worn. No replaceable toe and heel pads, so it's looking like new boots soon.

The only little nagging concern I have on the boots is that it seems like they have a lot of forward lean, and I don't think I love it. Slightly more upright might be better for a couple reasons. Are you familiar with the old falcon cs pros? Is the lean really pronounced, as I have heard it is? And how much less lean is in a more modern boot? How noticeable will that be?

Thanks for any thoughts. Just starting to think about new kicks, so info will help...

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Here's a random question:

I have a pair of Salomon Falcon CS Pros from like 2008 that I love. Customized 'cause I have a foot slightly over a size bigger than the other, custom beds, fit like a dream - though very tight 26.5 shells on a 10.5+ foot (larger foot.) However, the liners are done, and was just going to go to intuitions, but am realizing the soles are pretty worn. No replaceable toe and heel pads, so it's looking like new boots soon.

The only little nagging concern I have on the boots is that it seems like they have a lot of forward lean, and I don't think I love it. Slightly more upright might be better for a couple reasons. Are you familiar with the old falcon cs pros? Is the lean really pronounced, as I have heard it is? And how much less lean is in a more modern boot? How noticeable will that be?

Thanks for any thoughts. Just starting to think about new kicks, so info will help...
    Yes, they are forward, but you can get that boot changed to be more upright if that is what you want. I assume you have removed any cuff / F lean shims already?

or buy a new version of that boot that will be more upright to start with