Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Whole Enchilada Tour Guide?

Anyone around Saturday Nov 18th and want to play tour guide to a couple of out of towners on TWE? Strong east coast riders, with minimal out west experience. Happy to pay for your shuttle and some apres beers and snacks.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Just book a trip with Chasing Epic
    However many are in a shit ton.

Go see Jacques (sp?) at Moab Cyclery. They can shuttle you and/or show you around. I rode there with him and a couple guides a few years ago and it was an overall incredible ride.

We have a shuttle booked but the price I was quoted for a guide was $140/person. It's a little cost prohibitive for a group of 3.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

What do you think a guide will get you? It's really really intuitive. You'll be fine.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I'll second you don't need a guide. Not that you'll need it but it's all on trailforks anyway. Just bring a jacket for the top this time of year, and plenty of food, water, and tubes. Also watch out for the ice after the second creek crossing on Burro.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

What the last two said
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Not sure you'll be able to ride it from the top after tomorrow's (small) storm... in which case, if you start at Hazard then it's a super easy trail to follow. Just look out for the "TWE" signs at virtually every intersection, and look before you leap.

I will be arriving Moab Sat, was hoping for whole Enchilada on Monday, but like smmokan said, looks like a storm might snow in the upper part. You around the full week?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I will be arriving Moab Sat, was hoping for whole Enchilada on Monday, but like smmokan said, looks like a storm might snow in the upper part. You around the full week?
    Well be around through Tuesday. Looking to ride SlickRock and Ahab monday/Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Not sure you'll be able to ride it from the top after tomorrow's (small) storm... in which case, if you start at Hazard then it's a super easy trail to follow. Just look out for the "TWE" signs at virtually every intersection, and look before you leap.
    If it is at *all* wet do NOT try to ride Hazard OR the Kokopelli Rd section just below Hazard. Don't ask me how I know this.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Well be around through Tuesday. Looking to ride SlickRock and Ahab monday/Tuesday.

Our group will be out at Ahab/Hymasa/Cliffhanger on Monday morning... if you're out there, stop and say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Our group will be out at Ahab/Hymasa/Cliffhanger on Monday morning... if you're out there, stop and say hi.
    I'll keep my eye out. I'm on an orange 5010 and my wife is on a yellow Juliana furtado.

Back in the day we'd just ride it from town to avoid the shuttle. Think it was 25 mile road spin up if I remember correctly? Just pack an extra bottle or two and a pb and j and made a day of it. Starting early was key.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    Back in the day we'd just ride it from town to avoid the shuttle. Think it was 25 mile road spin up if I remember correctly? Just pack an extra bottle or two and a pb and j and made a day of it. Starting early was key.
    No.

No.

And fuck no.

Not necessarily in that order.

If you're going to do something stupid like this, at least ride UP Porc Rim to piss off the people descending.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No.

No.

And fuck no.

Not necessarily in that order.

If you're going to do something stupid like this, at least ride UP Porc Rim to piss off the people descending.

Ha! Naw I never mind a good road spin to get to the goods. It's a self sufficiency thing. Earn more beers that way!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Have you ridden Slickrock before? If not, I'd strongly suggest you ride the practice loop first and then decide if you want to do 12 more miles of that. Odds are good you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    If it is at *all* wet do NOT try to ride Hazard OR the Kokopelli Rd section just below Hazard. Don't ask me how I know this.
    Listen to this.

Ha! Naw I never mind a good road spin to get to the goods. It's a self sufficiency thing. Earn more beers that way!
    No.

When exactly was “back in the day?”

I can only assume you were amongst the very first people linking Porcupine Rim from Burro Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    When exactly was “back in the day?”

I can only assume you were amongst the very first people linking Porcupine Rim from Burro Pass.
    For extra cool-points you can get all pedantic on people and tell them that they didn't actually ride TWE unless they did it from town.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Have you ridden Slickrock before? If not, I'd strongly suggest you ride the practice loop first and then decide if you want to do 12 more miles of that. Odds are good you won't.
    Are you saying it is boring?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Are you saying it is boring?
    If he won't, I will. That ride kind of sucks. Lots of punchy ups and downs. Constantly. It's probably a really fun route on a trials motorcycle.....which is what it was marked out for eons ago.

There's a neat view over the river and like everywhere else, the scenery is awesome. But it's not much when it comes to a fun bike ride. If my life sucked to the point that I thought things like wind sprints were something I needed to do, I'd go do that bike ride instead. It's at least better than repeatedly sprinting up the same hill over and over again.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Slickrock is a cool do-it-once trail
    I'll go ahead and say that so is TWE's top section. I like Hazard down much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Actually I think I might have just discovered my first personal justification for an e-bike.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'll go ahead and say that so is TWE's top section. I like Hazard down much more.
    Gotta disagree ... Burro is one of my favorite trails anywhere.