Page 676 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 ... LastLast
Results 16,876 to 16,900 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Agree with JC, which means the pricing is as retarded as San Diego
    The difference I see between most places and San Diego however, is that unlike many places, San Diego can actually somewhat justify the silly prices. Haha. Meth'd out remote towns in WA, ID, etc, tho? Yeah, no. See those GOTOS Sprinters roll into town tho? Congrats! Your trailer just increased by half a mil on Zillow!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    my uncle was complaining about this to me last night, small world. i also learned my grandma put in some time at Diamond Mountain way back when, that was a new one to me
    Does MacCalman or Hoffman ring a bell? One family still has a compound near the inlet, but I've spaced their name.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The ticky tacky boxes going up behind me were starting in the $500s pre-pandemic. Now they’re starting in the $700s and all the lots are spoken for.

It’s made people think they can get the same for their 20-30 year old house that hasn’t been updated since it was built. There’s still a touch of sanity left, but we’re catching enough of the DC and NYC escapees that the sanity seems to be fading.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    We put in an offer on this one but didn't really expect to get it. Surprise, we didn't get it. Just for fun, what's your best guess on what this listing sold for? Closest guess gets a gold star

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15807613
    $699, 950
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    The ticky tacky boxes going up behind me were starting in the $500s pre-pandemic. Now they’re starting in the $700s and all the lots are spoken for.

It’s made people think they can get the same for their 20-30 year old house that hasn’t been updated since it was built. There’s still a touch of sanity left, but we’re catching enough of the DC and NYC escapees that the sanity seems to be fading.
    Where is Shadynasty's jazz club exactly? Vermont?

We put in an offer on this one but didn't really expect to get it. Surprise, we didn't get it. Just for fun, what's your best guess on what this listing sold for? Closest guess gets a gold star

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15807613
    $699,951

$1

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    The difference I see between most places and San Diego however, is that unlike many places, San Diego can actually somewhat justify the silly prices. Haha. Meth'd out remote towns in WA...
    LOL @ this being a meth'd out remote town! Have you ever been here?

The reason houses are expensive is that it's where people come when they want to get out of Seattle/California/Colorado

what's your best guess on what this listing sold for?
    That's a nice house, in a really central location, but there are a few downsides to it. First it's on half a lot. If your arms are long enough, you could probably shake hands through your windows with the guy in the house on the other half. It's damn near impossible to park a car in the pointy edge of the lettered streets (although that place has a driveway). And it's a mix of owners/renters, fixed-up/rundown. The people on the corner are kinda hoarders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    MF’s looking to edge out Benny in the remote ‘local’ and obsessive political ragging categories. Should be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Sorry. My comment was not meant to be directed toward your town. Rather the crazy real estate trends at large. There's been more than a few crazy high priced and very questionable trailer properties posted here.

Here's what about $600k gets you in North Seattle right now:
    https://www.redfin.com/WA/Seattle/11...33/home/104004

My wife and I were curious about what this would sell for because we pass it every Friday when we go out to eat. It's a complete dump and was listed at $545k. Amazing that even a place like this goes for over the list price.

20 min walk to light rail. Opposite green space (cemetery). My friends who live across from a different cemetery in North Seattle say it becomes an impromptu dog park in the early morning. Pretty good location despite needing some love.

Also, do you eat at the same restaurant every Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

My wife and I were curious about what this would sell for because we pass it every Friday when we go out to eat. It's a complete dump and was listed at $545k. Amazing that even a place like this goes for over the list price.
    Yikes. Bit of a fixer-upper, that one. Unless you like stepping in to the 1970's (?) like a time machine.

Carpet on carpet, who are these monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Also, do you eat at the same restaurant every Friday?
    We do, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    My favorite part is how basically the entire "yard" is concrete slab.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Walking the pups this morning I see a neighbor putting on new shingles over the old layer. Who does this?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

So what is the lot worth? Might be a steal.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

My question would be is the neighborhood gentrifying, and what would a similar (vacant) lot go for?

It's pretty easy to knock a house down.

Walking the pups this morning I see a neighbor putting on new shingles over the old layer. Who does this?
    Reroofing/overlaying is common with asphalt shingles.

Lot of people, Tear off and disposal cost $$$
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

That made me look up the Zestimate on our old place on Phinney Ridge. It's a 2bd/1bath, 1100' square feet with some limited finished space with sub-7' ceilings in basement (done after we sold).

My god...$1.035million!!!!

What's the average pay in the PNW these days?????

That, and your painting comment above tells me that you've never worked in the construction arts.

Two, and even three layer asphalt composite shingled roofs are fairly common.

As of 2019, the median income for all Seattle households was $102,500.

That lot is probably zoned multi-family. So if you were going to tear down the house you would build like 8 townhomes on it, with each selling for $750k. Or sell it to a developer who is buying up surrounding property. Two beater homes next to me are getting turned into a 41 unit complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Reroofing/overlaying is common with asphalt shingles.
    This. And it was super-easy when every asphalt roof was 3-tab shingles. Sure don't miss *that* type of work.

Better than tear offs.

My favorite part is how basically the entire "yard" is concrete slab.
    that was a 60s or 70s Seattle thing though, wasn’t it? Well more than one home like that, which I never understood.