Page 207 of 274 FirstFirst ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 6844
    All I want for Christmas is a jigarex to be in stock somewhere.

Have had 101mm, 102mm and 103mm wide skis with the Attack 95mm brakes and they have worked without bending although it’s getting tight on the 103mm. For 104mm and above I’ve gone to the 110mm brake and then bent the brakes in so they they tuck in better.
    Run 110mm brakes on my 118mm Wildcats and they just clear without bending. For a 120mm ski you’d have to either bend them a bit or maybe even a light trim to the brake plastic might be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Now that I think of it, are there templates for hammerheads? Can't remember when or how I last mounted them..
    https://twentytwodesigns.3dcartstore...l-Template.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    stop by i have the jig
    pass the safety and ski tips to the left hand side
    i used to haz a safety team vest
    but we failed to pass huggy bear ran up on er
    flipped our shit and swam hells 1/2 acre
    and among other things the river took it

back to buttercunt
    doin angry sober buttercunt
    tyros brakes bend best no prob bending the smallers out
    i miss the old 97/98 and still have a few
    the new 95 dont do the 100- 105 ish as well
    oh and i rareley tap more than a couple turns to start threads thru the metal top sheet .
    Thats a sweet ride!

I love new ski mounting day.

183cm Faction candide 5.0 mounted with attack demos at 1.5 cm behind the candide line, biased to my 295mm bsl for maximum adjustment range... because I like to play with mount points, and find full rocker skis can be particularly susceptible to small changes in mount point.

I should be able to try everything from the candide line to the trad line with them mounted this way.

This year is the first year I'm quite proud of the quiver I've put together and I'm looking forward to posting the the quiver pic thread!

Bring the snow!
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 11-30-2021 at 09:22 PM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

^^^ those attack demos came off my blaze 106 and the blaze gets g3 zed for touring now, mounted at +1.5cm from the back line. This weighs so much less than my last setup and should ski way better too... looking forward to it.

Between that and my zero g boots and yellow pomoca skins, I'm embarrassingly matchy... not by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    ^^^ those attack demos came off my blaze 106 and the blaze gets g3 zed for touring now, mounted at +1.5cm from the back line. This weighs so much less than my last setup and should ski way better too... looking forward to it.

Between that and my zero g boots and yellow pomoca skins, I'm embarrassingly matchy... not by design.

With the matching skis and binders, you look Practically Factory
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

After procrastinating for months I finally got these done Monday for the family - even after doing ~20 pair over the years I still find it nerve wracking drilling into new skis for fear of fucking it up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0615.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	394911

Blizzard Brahma 82
    Quiver Killer inserts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRAHMA.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	394922  

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post

Same thing has happened to me.
    You buy enough cheap stuff that you want (color not even being considered) and eventually, it all matches anyway.
    If I saw myself in the liftline or skintrack I would think: "I bet that guy can't ski!".

I call myself: The Accidental Skittle!

I picked these minty beauties up for a song this summer. Honestly I'm not completely sure they've ever been skied, maybe just rattled around in the roofbox for a while.
    I moved the heel to the rear holes and redrilled the toe a few cm's forward. These days I have my centering system dialed in and it's pretty painless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211201_021132735.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	395236

Some dummy drilled the heels less than a cm away from the original mount. There's no circumstance where this would be necessary with an STH heel.

Name:	PXL_20211201_000834436.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	395237

The starthaus is for sure a reputable shop, but they probably shouldn't have stickered this hatchet job. Maybe it wasn't them. None the less, another good reason to mount my own fucking skis.

Name:	PXL_20211202_231423549.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	395238

Don't mind the moving junk.

Tips to the left!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Could use some help identifying a mount. I was told these skis were mounted for a Jester Demo, but that is proving to be incorrect. Also, the toepiece holes aren't square...I'm just the slightest bit suspicious of them now.

Edit: I guess it doesn't matter what they were mounted for since I don't have those bindings on hand. I'd like to know out of curiosity though.

Name:	20211205_105448.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	357.4 KB 
ID:	395374

Question for those who mount their own fucking DPS Pure skis:

My gf just picked up a pair of older Yvettes and behind the heel it says to use a 7.5mm bit with a screw length of 6.5mm max presumably because it’s a thin carbon ski. I measured the existing screws that were in there though and they’re all ~8mm aside from the furthest back two on the heels. Probably a stupid question but should I just follow instructions and use a junior bit with short screws for all the holes, or just the two the furthest back? I don’t own a 7.5mm bit but can buy or borrow one

Also is the consensus to use epoxy for carbon vs other glue? I usually use Roo clear for bindings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    I picked these minty beauties up for a song this summer. Honestly I'm not completely sure they've ever been skied, maybe just rattled around in the roofbox for a while.
    I moved the heel to the rear holes and redrilled the toe a few cm's forward. These days I have my centering system dialed in and it's pretty painless.

Name:	PXL_20211201_021132735.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	395236

Some dummy drilled the heels less than a cm away from the original mount. There's no circumstance where this would be necessary with an STH heel.

Name:	PXL_20211201_000834436.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	395237

The starthaus is for sure a reputable shop, but they probably shouldn't have stickered this hatchet job. Maybe it wasn't them. None the less, another good reason to mount my own fucking skis.

Name:	PXL_20211202_231423549.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	395238
    What’s your centering system?

That’s the most time consuming process for me and I feel like I always end up a mm off, which isn’t a huge deal but I’d like it to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post

That’s the most time consuming process for me and I feel like I always end up a mm off, which isn’t a huge deal but I’d like it to be perfect.
    This is my go to (see the next page for more info from Alpinlord). Allows you to center off the ski edge and it's really straightforward (I mounted a pair of skis yesterday where the sidewalls on one ski were not symmetrical so the mount would've been off if I measured off the topsheet)

Probably a hot take (everything here is a hot take) but mounting skis yourself without a jig will never be truly perfect and you'll never notice 1mm of error. I've found my least accurate mounts were ones where I obsessed so much over fractions of millimeters that I ended up making larger errors due to cognitive overload and second guessing. Even with tech bindings as long as you use the boot as a guide to center the heel insert on the pins
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

^^^^^ I use exactly this method. It's also gotten more efficient as I've become sliiightly less of a perfectionist. I think I'm generally more accurate with this method than my jigarex... though definitely slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Using a t-square off of the ski-edge is > using the top sheet edge and besides alot of ski edges are not good for measuring off of but its all just good layout

I seem to remember DPS said to use epoxy or gorrila glue on CF skis but not wood glue
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Big thanks to Alpinord at SlideWright for sending this measuring/centering sticker with my recent order. It prompted me to pick up a new straight edge and some cheap-o vernier calipers. I find this method faster and more accurate than the folded-paper method.

Mounted up these bad ass BBR's last night... threads tapped by hand, ski tips facing opposite directions, using a high-powered drill one-handed like I meant it.

Name:  IMG_1923.JPG
Views: 591
Size:  232.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1924.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  263.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    Big thanks to Alpinord at SlideWright for sending this measuring/centering sticker with my recent order. It prompted me to pick up a new straight edge and some cheap-o vernier calipers. I find this method faster and more accurate than the folded-paper method.

Mounted up these bad ass BBR's last night... threads tapped by hand, ski tips facing opposite directions, using a high-powered drill one-handed like I meant it.

Name:  IMG_1923.JPG
Views: 591
Size:  232.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1924.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  263.9 KB
    So much win right here. Well done sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    This is my go to
    Did this for my last 2 mounts... I like it.

I tried a new method on my last mount.

Masking tape down rough center of ski.

Take a 1" x 8" strip of paper. Place it across the ski. Folder over edges/under ski. Take off ski, using the creases you just made from the edges together folder the paper again. This will create a crease exactly in the middle of the two edge folds. Place the strip back on the ski and line up the original edge folds with the edge again, mark the center fold location on the masking tape. Repeat a few times at various points along the ski and then connect the dots.

#2 here https://www.wildsnow.com/22931/find-...-longitudinal/

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    I tried a new method on my last mount.

Masking tape down rough center of ski.

Take a 1" x 8" strip of paper. Place it across the ski. Folder over edges/under ski. Take off ski, using the creases you just made from the edges together folder the paper again. This will create a crease exactly in the middle of the two edge folds. Place the strip back on the ski and line up the original edge folds with the edge again, mark the center fold location on the masking tape. Repeat a few times at various points along the ski and then connect the dots.

#2 here https://www.wildsnow.com/22931/find-...-longitudinal/
    I've tried this method before and it was never accurate. I'm probably doing something wrong since I know it's tried and true for a lot of people but I've never had success with it. It seems to be by far the easiest if I could get it to a point where I trust it

Did the thing!

Name:	IMG_0334.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	395637

First time with a baby on the front!

Name:	66052144159__77E1F7A6-1D5F-4934-91FB-4CFE27E03490.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	302.4 KB 
ID:	395638

Turned out great!

Name:	IMG_0336.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	395639

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	395640

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you ever can get your hands on an old telemark jig, such as Black Diamond's, it works great as a center line tool. Since those bindings are discontinued, the jig has become cheap. You just use the holes for the heel piece, which slides lengthwise of the jig, to make 3 or 4 marks along your ski, and then draw the line connecting them.