Page 1444 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... LastLast
Results 36,076 to 36,100 of 46050
    I went to the dentist in Sept. Next appt always gets scheduled 6 months out when I am there. By the time that date rolls around I often I have to reschedule. Had a trip coming up so I called and they had a time slot 10 days before the scheduled appt. Now dental insurance is denying the claim because I apparently went to the dentist 3 times in one calendar year. Assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There are private imagining clinics in my 'hood that do MRIs for $400-500 w/o a physician referral (https://www.taylormedmri.com/services-1). Not saying that was an option for you, just highlighting how egregious charging $6,000 for one is. That's goddam criminal.
    Shit could have flown to salt lake, hit an MRI and blown 2k in Wendover and still come out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There are private imagining clinics in my 'hood that do MRIs for $400-500 w/o a physician referral (https://www.taylormedmri.com/services-1). Not saying that was an option for you, just highlighting how egregious charging $6,000 for one is. That's goddam criminal.
    Yeah, Denver does too. Don't they have to tell you what things are gonna cost now before doing that shit? $6K is ridiculous.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Don't they have to tell you what things are gonna cost now before doing that shit?
    Haha, good one!

[it is so frustrating how unhelpful insurance actually is…]

Quote Originally Posted by Chair 6 View Post
    I have a feeling it means family oriented.
    The doc probably splits time between all 3 offices & the women make up the day to day staff at all locations.
    Yeah, looks like that’s the case.
    https://sherwood.senestrarofamilyort...eam-p43294.asp

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Haha, good one!
    No seriously, some states require it.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    No seriously, some states require it.
    Apparently not mine
    (Did not know that…that’d be an improvement)

Shit that annoys you

Apparently not mine
    (Did not know that…that’d be an improvement)
    Yeah, multiple calls to insurance and imaging clinic provided zero visibility into price, or what places might have lower costs.

So apparently not required in Oregon.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

5k for a gum graft. Sure, schedule that appointment for three months that I’ll cancel because the money hasn’t magically appeared in my bank account. False teeth here I come.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit that annoys you

I’m visiting my folks
    Today I walked in on my 80yo dad in his office on the phone with “paypal customer service” walking him through adding a credit card to his phone so he could Apple Pay three individual orders on a crypto app they got him to download. After an escalated-to screaming match with my Dad complete with Indian customer service guy assuring me he’s paypal and that the call is being recorded for safety, i got my dad to hang up. $1990 in charges averted. But now they have the boomer’s phone number; so, after i head home, god knows how my folks will be baited into giving money away.

Multiple times during this call, my dad told me he was FIXING a scam, not participating in one.

They called back multiple times…me yelling at him not to pick up & just let the call go unanswered.

Egos were bruised, but we are back on speaking terms again.

Gotta give him a few days and then have a hopefully not condescending talk with him about how to protect himself…

(Old people, can’t leave em unattended…and I’m likely headed for the same with whatever scammers come up with in 30yrs…)

Really was hoping to pst in the Wagon Stoke thread, but here we are:

I ordered a brand spanking new Subaru Outback Wilderness edition back in first week of August. At the time, dealership says “8-12 week” build out and delivery. Come end of October, I start getting the “ we are sorry, please be patient, blah blah blah”. I wasn’t to stressed about it, until today. Sales rep calls, “your car is here but unfortunately suffered some ‘light’ damage in transport”…..Um, what. “Ya we need you to come look at it tomorrow and let us know what you want to do”……What the fuck, I’m paying a lot of $for a brand new car, I’d like a brand new car. He goes on to say that then we’ll have to order you a whole new one. What’s the build out time, I ask? “ 8-10 weeks” says he, without missing a beat. I am annoyed. Seriously. What says the Collective? Fuck.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Local guy in town was recently killed in a rollover. A memorial cross was put up today with some antlers since he was an avid hunter. Less than 2 hours of being up someone stole the antlers.....wtf is wrong with people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post

I ordered a brand spanking new Subaru Outback Wilderness edition back in first week of August. At the time, dealership says “8-12 week” build out and delivery. Come end of October, I start getting the “ we are sorry, please be patient, blah blah blah”. I wasn’t to stressed about it, until today. Sales rep calls, “your car is here but unfortunately suffered some ‘light’ damage in transport”…..Um, what. “Ya we need you to come look at it tomorrow and let us know what you want to do”……What the fuck, I’m paying a lot of $for a brand new car, I’d like a brand new car. He goes on to say that then we’ll have to order you a whole new one. What’s the build out time, I ask? “ 8-10 weeks” says he, without missing a beat. I am annoyed. Seriously. What says the Collective? Fuck.
    Get it in order tomorrow. Ain’t no way I’m buying a dinged up new car. Needs a carfax before you even take ownership? Nope.

I would assume they would fix for free along with a stellar discount. Though it would have to be a really good deal or I would definitely just order new again, worth the wait IMHO.

If it’s just cosmetic, push for a yuge discount. YUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Get it in order tomorrow. Ain’t no way I’m buying a dinged up new car. Needs a carfax before you even take ownership? Nope.
    Oh I agree, I’m just curious what “get it in order” is going to fucking look like….
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I would assume they would fix for free along with a stellar discount. Though it would have to be a really good deal or I would definitely just order new again, worth the wait IMHO.
    Also agree, but I really can’t go another four months without wheels…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Didn’t sound like just cosmetic, but tomorrow we will see……
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Agreed. All skis are rock skis. Or something.

If it's just cosmetic and your get a big discount, go for it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Oh I agree, I’m just curious what “get it in order” is going to fucking look like….
    Looks like a metric fuckton of patience, more beer, some edibles and a lot of “motherfucker, I just want my damn car”.

Sorry *on order.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Looks like a metric fuckton of patience, more beer, some edibles and a lot of “motherfucker, I just want my damn car”.

Sorry *on order.
    Spot. On. FUCK! Prolly should’ve posted in the First World Problems thread……

ETA- Bobby Stainless/ Beer Drinker to the white courtesy phone……
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

I’m visiting my folks
    Today I walked in on my 80yo dad in his office on the phone with “paypal customer service” walking him through adding a credit card to his phone so he could Apple Pay three individual orders on a crypto app they got him to download. After an escalated-to screaming match with my Dad complete with Indian customer service guy assuring me he’s paypal and that the call is being recorded for safety, i got my dad to hang up. $1990 in charges averted. But now they have the boomer’s phone number; so, after i head home, god knows how my folks will be baited into giving money away.

Multiple times during this call, my dad told me he was FIXING a scam, not participating in one.

They called back multiple times…me yelling at him not to pick up & just let the call go unanswered.

Egos were bruised, but we are back on speaking terms again.

Gotta give him a few days and then have a hopefully not condescending talk with him about how to protect himself…

(Old people, can’t leave em unattended…and I’m likely headed for the same with whatever scammers come up with in 30yrs…)
    My cousin who is in her late 60s and gets along fine by herself and all fell foe the same thing. She was at her bank talking to the scammer on the phone as she was moving money from one account to another probably scammer held account and a bank employee overheard her and asked what was going on. She said the guy on the phone was helping her prevent a scam and the teller took the phone and screamed at the guy and hung up. She told me this as though it was some sneaky plot that anyone would fall for. I was amazed somebody fell for it that wasn't 90 and alone, Geez.

8-10 weeks is suspicious right out of the gate for a complete build out.
    I was told 3 months on my car, and it took 6, with a shit ton of nagging, pre-covid/supply shit show.
    I mean, hell, I was told my custom flex skis from Austria would take 8 weeks (working on 12 weeks with little hope for quick resolution).

Exactly.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

I've been hammering it into my parents for years never to give out credit card or banking details to anyone over the phone, or really any information to anyone who calls. They've got the message which is good because they're constantly getting calls from "Microsoft" billing, "police" telling them there is a warrant out for their arrest if they don't pay an outstanding tax bill, etc.

I'm more concerned with them clicking something they shouldn't online. So many ways hackers can get you, and they're becoming less computer savvy by the day. Constant system updates that unnecessarily move things don't help so they can't find things don't help

It's the first scratch or dent that hurts the most on any new car. Agreed, unless its something major go for repair and big discount.