Page 182 of 385 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 9612
    Looks like it'd be a lot better for hoops if the backboard was over the garage door.

unfortunately the driveway slopes down from just where the picture is taken, so too easy to lose balls that way. This is where it was when we bought, and I've since moved it down to 8' but on the same side. Works just fine for the kiddos!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I guess if you sprayed a lot right on a nest it'll get a few but you're not really supposed to spray plants. It's a barrier.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

can someone recommend me a good DIY tile saw?

i've got a bathroom, a backsplash, a landing, and a small room to tile. not a ton, but enough that i don't want to cheap out on tools

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

i've got a bathroom, a backsplash, a landing, and a small room to tile. not a ton, but enough that i don't want to cheap out on tools
    I got this one after some research and was pleased. Built better than comps at HD and HF. Only drawback - not designed for bigger tile (I was laying 24" x 12"). but not hard to make it work.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-7-in...Saw/1000760324

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

come git mine and all the trowels and grout bags sponges floats mixers etc
    for i leave for chitown fri
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Doesn't look like I'm breaking any etiquette rules, and I actually knew them all.

Definitely wasn't implying such.
    I do know where a tattered one is flying @ a residence in Alpine. Doesn't look so good

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Definitely wasn't implying such.
    I do know where a tattered one is flying @ a residence in Alpine. Doesn't look so good
    Naa man I didn't think you were.

Tattered is no bueno.

That tattered flag should be burned--but not right now please.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Common decency says a guy should be able to share a pic of his house in this thread without being harshly judged no less drawn into some political shit. Doesn't really inspire sharing and participation if you get pecked at.
    Yea, I acted poorly. As a builder I have a few design details that bug me and the dead wall is near the top.

This is where I live and I also designed and built it. Added the door overhangs to break it and keep water away from the doors. The garage overhang would allow a plow guy to backdrag snow away without getting too close to the door, I prefer to shovel the drive as it's only 150'. A couple of can lights provide a warm welcoming glow as well.

If someone asked me to remodel your house I would suggest a similar overhang going edge to edge. Also would apply a stone veneer, real or fake to the sections of concrete flanking the door, I have used product from both companies and would again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210810_162427.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	382069
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Yea, I acted poorly. As a builder I have a few design details that bug me and the dead wall is near the top.

This is where I live and I also designed and built it. Added the door overhangs to break it and keep water away from the doors. The garage overhang would allow a plow guy to backdrag snow away without getting too close to the door, I prefer to shovel the drive as it's only 150'. A couple of can lights provide a warm welcoming glow as well.

If someone asked me to remodel your house I would suggest a similar overhang going edge to edge. Also would apply a stone veneer, real or fake to the sections of concrete flanking the door, I have used product from both companies and would again.

That window looks lonely
    . . .

Sorry I criticized your house earlier....but allow me do it again...

The window was nearly placed identical.

I do appreciate the architectural comments. I'm not happy with the wall but given budget we couldnt do it all at the time.

As we all know our homes are rarely ever "done". The changes mentioned are obviously easy fixes. We did not do the roof with the remodel as it was/is I good shape, but when we do I will think about the suggestions. it wasn't on my mind as we made very few exterior changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That window looks lonely
    That's exactly why I removed it. Mine was identical and with interior design decisions adding didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That tattered flag should be burned--but not right now please.
    Call the local Boy Scouts.
    They will handle it properly.

What's with the janky-assed A/C??

First time caller here...

We're closing on a condo in two weeks and had our inspection done last week. Among other things the seller has agreed to replace or give credit for the kitchen sink that was cracked and leaking through. Current sink is undermount into Formica. He's suggesting a $300 Kohler drop-in sink to replace it, plus $100 labor.

$400 for the full swap seems low, and I'm unsure of the drop-in fitting properly etc etc. Ultimately we'd want to replace the countertops as well, so it's more about an accurate value for a new sink+labor. WWMD???

Name:	IMG_2834.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	560.8 KB 
ID:	382123

This is Aspen? I'd double it. But I defer to fastfred on mtn resort pricing.

The lip on drop ins drives me crazy but YMMV.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    First time caller here...

We're closing on a condo in two weeks and had our inspection done last week. Among other things the seller has agreed to replace or give credit for the kitchen sink that was cracked and leaking through. Current sink is undermount into Formica. He's suggesting a $300 Kohler drop-in sink to replace it, plus $100 labor.

$400 for the full swap seems low, and I'm unsure of the drop-in fitting properly etc etc. Ultimately we'd want to replace the countertops as well, so it's more about an accurate value for a new sink+labor. WWMD???

Name:	IMG_2834.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	560.8 KB 
ID:	382123
    If that's porcelain I'm pretty sure you could find a way to seal it temporarily. Get some estimates and argue the concession? If you can stop the leak and put the cash towards the counters and put the sink you want in then?

That's formica? Looks like Corian or another solid surface. I would guess they can get the new sink to fit OK - they can cut away some countertop if needed to make it fit, but $100 does seem kind of low for the labor. Ask for $500 off the purchase price, patch the leaks with caulk or JB weld as best as you can and replace the counters+sink sooner rather than later. No point spending money on something you're going to take out.

What skidog said. With nice counters you will likely go with the under mount sink type.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

sink and counter top and the plate covering the three holes for a single hole faucet is a travisty do not buy this house

labor $1,100.00
    new sink blanco drop in fake granite $600.00
    Grohee stupid ass commerical faucet in your kitchen $800.00
    misc parts and shit $80.00
    garbage disposal $180.00
    floor protection plastic and an old plastic soda bottle to spray water while cutting the counter top $100.00
    20% mark up for me to smoke weed in your driveway tell someone what to do come back later to check on them throw out an atta boy or two assure you that we did not douche out your nieghbors unit with water and there is no leaks and email you an invoice

We should pool our money towards a new countertop for alpinevibes if he copy and pasted that quote from Fred and sends it to the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What skidog said. With nice counters you will likely go with the under mount sink type.
    When we replaced our tile countertop with granite I bought a top mount sink. My wife and the contractor looked at it and told me I'd lost my mind. And I have to agree--the undermount looks better.

In the case in question--with the way the countertop is rounded over--will the lip on a top mount sink be wide enough to cover the roundover?
    Why not replace with another undermount?
    As far as the labor to replace the sink--I would think it would depend on what the plumbing looks like under the sink--is there a disposal, dishwasher? How bad is it fucked up? I would think at best $100 would leave you with a sink not connected to the drain pipe. At worst a hole in the countertop where a sink used to be.

I think dan is right. That's solid surface. There is a big chip where it rolls into the sink. The sink is epoxied to the underside of the counter then routed. Basically 1 piece.